Fuck the 9/11 First Responders

By Zombie Tyler Durden in Culture
Sun Sep 11, 2011 at 04:16:01 PM EST
Tags: (all tags)

Sunday will commemorate the 10th anniversary of the horrific 9/11 terrorist attacks. The day will undoubtedly be filled with sorrow, remorse, contemplation, and remembrance for those who lost their lives. Personal stories will touch all of us. And there will come a time where we will be told we must hold praise for the 9/11 first responders - dead and alive - for risking their lives heroically that day.

I confess, my thoughts will not lie with the 9/11 first responders that day.

Don't get me wrong, their job is difficult and not something I would like to do, nor would I be good at it. However, I do not think that a cop doing his job on 9/11 is any more heroic than a secretary, a CEO, a banker, or a delivery man who was also just doing his job on that and perished.

Have you ever heard of Jonathan Kurnst? I hadn't, until I researched this article. He was a cement truck operator who died in a fatal accident on Interstate 64 on 9/11. Is he a hero, because he died doing his job?

Some would argue that it's inherently admirable to risk one's life to save another, and that is why the 9/11 first responders should be put on a pedestal. While that is certainly a tenable position, I do not agree. By risking their lives, those that died forced city Governments and insurance companies to pay out large sums of money to the surviving families. Even those that survive will be a financial anchor around the city of New York for the rest of their lives; as their health fails from the poor choices they made on 9/11, the inevitability of them single-handedly bankrupting New York City will become apparent.

The events of 9/11 were horrific, and terrorism is to take the lion's share of responsibility for the event. However, we cannot and should not any longer ignore the reckless role the 9/11 first responders played by making an already tragic event worse. Do not put them on the pedestal. Say it loud - they deserve what they got.

o Also by Zombie Tyler Durden

Fuck the 9/11 First Responders | 17 comments (16 topical, 1 editorial, 0 hidden)
fr1st p0st! (2.25 / 4) (#1)
by LilDebbie on Sat Sep 10, 2011 at 07:47:30 PM EST

My name is LilDebbie and I have a garden.
- hugin -

Rudolph William Louis "Rudy" Giuliani (2.66 / 9) (#2)
by Harry B Otch on Sat Sep 10, 2011 at 07:57:05 PM EST

was also at work that day, selflessly serving as mayor, and I never once saw him grandstanding about it either.  Some people just have too much class for that kind of self-aggrandizement.

-----
A lamentable petty bourgeois cry of fear.-.

One of my family members is a 9/11 survivor (2.00 / 7) (#3)
by alevin on Sat Sep 10, 2011 at 08:45:39 PM EST

I joke not. I'm going to be at the ceremony at WTC site with them. I'll be within a few blocks of Bush and Obama.

The site will be patrolled by thousands of cops, including snipers, bomb technicians, heavy weapons experts, some with radiation detectors, the whole nine yards. Very safe. Only problem is the threat of bombing elsewhere in the city on the way there or back. I'm not too scared, though. Odds are very slight of dying in a terrorist attack.

If I'm in a decent frame of mind afterwards I will then go to a one hour course at a spiritual meditation-type center elsewhere in the city, which pleases me very much.
alevin

And this bullshit (3.00 / 4) (#4)
by Del Griffith on Sat Sep 10, 2011 at 08:57:57 PM EST

is the #1 reason I moved out of the finance district a few blocks from the WTC.

When the real terrorists come to visit it is such a clusterfuck.

Fuck all these tourists trying to get 9/11 red badges of courage.

-------
I...I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. Because I'm the real article. What you see is what you get. - Me

Oh FWIW (3.00 / 3) (#5)
by Del Griffith on Sat Sep 10, 2011 at 09:23:35 PM EST

Charlies pizza/burgers & cheese steaks right next to the victory crater is fucking awesome & cheap... You should also walk out to the pier, and check out Jeremys...  Good fried fish stuff and of course topless chicks when you egg them on!

Stone street is for faggots & tourists... On the weekend it's a fucking ghost town, and all the good shit is closed.  Finance is a fucking tomb like that.

And go to Les Halles for a fucking AWESOME filet de boeuf...  Tuesdays is two for one bottle night if you can swing it that late.... It's never a disappointment.

Take the ferry to Staten Island, its fucking free, although the turn around is immediate don't be left with the mouth breathers, and hurry your ass up for the Manhattan return trip.  You'll have to pay the  full fare both ways, but go to Roosevelt Island on the sky tram for a great view, photo op.  There isn't anything to do on the island (place fucking sucks ass) so hop back on the tram and go back to midtown.

Oh and be sure to walk along St Marks Place, stop by Oh! Taisho, get some Asahi, and some grilled flesh.. the rock shrimp, and terriyaki chicken chunks is good.. just about everything except for the tako maki, they fucking microwave it, there is a place one street north of them that'll make it fresh for under $10 ....

There now have fun.

-------

Del, (1.50 / 2) (#6)
by alevin on Sat Sep 10, 2011 at 09:45:53 PM EST

I try to eat for health only the large majority of the time, as I'm quite overweight and on cholesterol and triglyceride medication too, and remissing from nearly developing Diabetes.

Additionally, as you might glean from the type of center I'm going to, I try to eat for health, not for taste. More additionally, I don't eat meat outside of chicken and turkey such as fish, steak, etc.

A slice of pizza now and then is really the only exception I make on my diet outside of the house, but tomorrow is not the day; I've gained a considerable amount of weight this year and need to buckle down (I've been walking two hours a day several times a week in that vein). And outside of an event like this I'm rarely in the WTC area.

However, my city experience outside of the two destinations I'll be visiting in Manhattan instead of food will be taking it all in on the F train through Queens into Jamaica and either the Q43 or Nassau bus on the way back home.

I guess I should say the events themselves will be an experience too; I'm looking forward to the meditation just as much as the other -- but you think Stone street has fags, try that center and the other.

I don't know how I'll react at the ceremony, I'm rarely very emotional but a thing like this has to put some kind of reaction in your mind. If you couldn't tell from the info above, I'm a Long Island boy and though I spend a lot of time in Queens, skyscrapers and the massive void and air of destruction and death that at least used to permeate the site, if not so much anymore, are not the norm here. There's something big about it.
alevin

So what do you eat? (none / 0) (#16)
by krkrbt on Sat Sep 17, 2011 at 03:35:11 AM EST

Most people's diets consist of corn & soybeans. Sometimes they're pre-processed by chicken or pigs, but for the most part, we're a seed-eating country.

This is, of course, very fattening. Recommend you avoid the cholesterol medication. While it does reduce your bloodwork  #'s, this is merely your liver's panic exercise in conserving the building blocks it needs to make certain hormones.

Would be much better to work on your thyroid, than to take liver-killing pills.

what kind of fool is (2.25 / 4) (#7)
by United Fools on Sat Sep 10, 2011 at 10:43:09 PM EST

We are united, we are fools, and we are America!
Well... (1.60 / 5) (#8)
by Zombie Schrodingers Cat on Sun Sep 11, 2011 at 12:02:46 PM EST

someone who takes a job when they know that at some point in their career they will have to risk their lives is probably a little bit better a person than someone who goes to work in some office building where there is a very small chance that a terrorist might fly a plane into it. And someone who sees a burning building and goes into it to help the people inside is probably a bit more heroic than the office workers who are rushing out of the burning building to save themselves.

Yes there are risks for every single person on earth. I could get hit by a bus today. Or maybe I'll choke on my food. Whatever. But when you knowingly take on an additional risk of the loss of your own life to help others, then you are being heroic.

So in conclusion, your troll is stupid and obvious. A good troll is not easily refuted. Your troll is no better than just saying "Your mother is a whore".

Weak sauce, son. Also your mother is a whore.

Well, your mother is a whore. $ (none / 1) (#11)
by cockskin horsesuit on Sun Sep 11, 2011 at 09:19:09 PM EST

And no-one... (none / 1) (#12)
by jolt rush soon on Mon Sep 12, 2011 at 04:02:08 AM EST

...is going to fly two planes into her brothel, therefore she's not heroic.
Subosc — free electronic music.
whoreoic. $ (none / 1) (#13)
by nateo on Mon Sep 12, 2011 at 02:09:32 PM EST

"I'm so gonna travel the world, photographing my dick at every location."
  - Vampire Zombie Abu Musab al Zarqawi
Also, insurance and economists... (none / 0) (#14)
by k31 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 at 07:56:46 PM EST

... prob. actually think this way.

Insurance companies likely jacked up prices since then (notice they don't boast on how much you can save on fire insurance, only car), and economists will look at the "cost" of 9/11 in terms of the deaths of the first responders... but can't immediately understand the social cost of a post-9/11 world.

Your dollar is you only Word, the wrath of it your only fear. He who has an EAR to hear....

Zero : An Investigation Into 9/11 (1.20 / 5) (#10)
by Lexx Core on Sun Sep 11, 2011 at 08:24:08 PM EST

Youtube talks about 9/11 being a scam is it true or false? Teh Intranets are full of that conspiracy theory stuff.

yeah, things went sideways... (none / 0) (#15)
by k31 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 at 08:02:07 PM EST

Haven't watched it yet (it's 2 hours long) but the first few mins mention Bin Laden being set up for it... and actually he said in his first statement that he didn't do it, but he was glad it happened... too bad nobody paid attention to that....

A civil engineer called me within minutes and told me "Bin Laden was so set up"... of course, another civil engineer believes the party line...

My point is... the press-pushed story isn't the story people with "common sense" believe. So that's why they're so many conspiracy theories about it.

What? (none / 1) (#17)
by thiswillbegreat on Thu Sep 22, 2011 at 09:54:54 PM EST

A- for taking on sacred cows, F for lack of references to genitals.
Semper ubi sub ubi.