Fuck the Fat Acceptance Movement

By messybuu in Culture
Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 09:58:21 PM EST
Tags: Obesity, Fat, Acceptance, Overweight, Heart Disease (all tags)

Ms. Drive recently wrote a diary entry on the Fat Acceptance Movement, which is the movement that promotes obesity as not only normal, but healthy. To quote Ms. Drive, "There is no reliable evidence at all that carrying the equivalent of a grown man (or more) in pure fat on your body might put your heart under strain or be bad for you."  Sorry Holly, but that's bullshit. Heart disease is the number one killer in America, even worse than lung cancer, and what is the number one cause of heart disease? Obesity. That there is a movement that promotes obesity as an acceptable lifestyle to our nation's children is no less disgusting than the tobacco companies' attempts to advertise cigarettes to children. When I responded to those candy cigarettes they sold in ice cream trucks with "Fuck the tobacco companies!", I made many enemies, but I was vindicated when scientists proved that smoking is unhealthy. I expect to suffer the same outrage but also enjoy the same vindication by my next statement: Fuck the Fat Acceptance Movement!

The argument made is that fat people don't deserve to be bullied because of their appearance, but that's untrue. Everybody judges everybody and everybody deserves to be judged because of that. Besides, what motivates people to lose weight and become healthy and skinny better than the ridicule and shame they suffer because of their weight? Just ask Shane Dawson, who was motivated by his persistent classmates to lose over 100 pounds! Now he is a successful YouTube celebrity who is destined for the big screen! Could he have achieved such fame if he had remained a fat fuck coddled by a liberal society? Of course not. Part of the reason he is so popular is because teenage girls want to have sex with him. I guarantee that they would not if he still weighed more than the average cow. Even my chubby friend admitted that she finds him more attractive slender than obese. Unfortunately for her, she married a man who enables her unhealthy diet and has gained so much weight that I don't even want to fuck her anymore, so we no longer talk.

I know that the obese community will argue that the main cause of obesity is not an unhealthy diet and lack of exercise, but a result of low metabolism or thyroid problems. Even Drive wrote, "What you eat and how much exercise you do has absolutely no effect on your weight or what you look like." That too is bullshit. Some people who eat poorly and never exercise might be able to remain slender and healthy, like Selena as played by Jennifer Lopez, but nobody who eats healthy and exercises regularly will be overweight. It takes discipline, but life in general requires discipline. If you do not want to take responsibility for your lifestyle, then how are you different from a dog (besides the obvious fact that fat dogs are actually adorable)?

I have a confession. I used to be overweight. It'd be hard to believe, but there was once a time when somebody as athletic and virile as me was fat. I cried every time that scale told me I had 20% body fat and declared me "Overweight". Fortunately, I had great friends who encouraged me to lose weight. I admit I didn't appreciate their comments at the time, but they motivated me to take better care of myself. I adopted a vegan diet and joined a gym, where I practiced yoga and gymnastics. Not only did I lose forty pounds, but I found new hobbies, new friends, and even new lovers. I can now fit into size S shirts and 28" waist pants. I can't even imagine wearing a large-size shirt anymore. Best of all, I'm happier. How could I not be when I weigh myself each morning and see my scale declare me "Normal"?

If you're disgustingly fat as I once was, there is hope for you. It isn't easy, and it requires patience and discipline, but you can achieve your dream of being Normal too! Here are the key actions you need to take:

Be honest with yourself. You know why you're fat? Because you're afraid. It doesn't matter what you're afraid of, whether it's loneliness or responsibility. Just as the average nerd drowns their fear of lifelong virginity into their Japanese body pillows, you drown your fears into Big Macs and Haagen Dazs. Stop being a pussy and man up! I understand life is terrifying. Death is always around the corner, rapists roam every street corner, and eternal damnation is as easy as mistakingly believing that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son and not just the Father, but distracting yourself with food won't make those threats go away. You're going to suffer them whether you face them or not, so why tackle them before they tackle you?

Get completely suicidal, but don't kill yourself. You eat you're depressed, but being at the bottom is the best place for you to begin anew. It is here that you will discover who you really are behind all that fatty tissue, and you will realize that death is preferable to a life where the real, beautiful you is hidden under 10, 20, or even 25 pounds of fat. When you discover that there are greater threats to fear than the death, then you will make lasting change and stop feeding what isn't working.

Accept every challenge thrown out you. People become fat because they become lazy cowards, but if you embrace every challenge that confronts you, then you won't have time to be lazy. And I don't mean only figurative challenges such as standing up to your stepmother. I mean real physical challenges such as attempting a 900 off a half-pipe even though you've never skated before. Just remember to be be safe! When I jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge on a dare, I remembered to wear a life jacket.

Sign up for a gym membership. Take some Zumba(TM) classes. They will kick your ass for the first few weeks, but you'll quickly become the best one in there!

So, stop blaming society for your obesity, and stop insisting that obesity is as natural as homosexuality. It isn't. If you insist on remaining unattractive/overweight though, then do society a favor and stay under the fucking bridge. Or in your bedroom. Wherever monsters like you sleep at night. I'd call you a pig, but pigs are cute and cuddly. You aren't.

Search Engine Optimization keywords: fat, obesity, chunky, overweight, BMI, body mass index, BBW, chubby, stupid, diabetes, heart disease, heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure, cholesterol, fast food, McDonald's, Burger King, obtuse, Sir Mix-a-Lot, cushion, Kirstie Alley, John Goodman, heifers, cows, moo, pigs, manatees, thyroids, cellulite, ghetto

What bothers you most about fat people?
o They smell like dogs. 21%
o They eat at McDonald's. 21%
o They ruin orgies. 50%
o They don't wipe their asses. 50%
o WIPE-O 7%

o a diary entry on the Fat Acceptance Movement
o Also by messybuu

Fuck the Fat Acceptance Movement | 27 comments (25 topical, 2 editorial, 0 hidden)
I'd just like to say that those (3.00 / 5) (#2)
by Marvin Suggs on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 02:31:51 AM EST

SE words should've been in the tags. Tags work.

Also, the fat agenda is real. Fatties are infiltrating key positions in society and warping public opinion to their own advantage. They disseminate the attitude that larger and larger pant-sizes are normal. THEY ARE NOT.

Of course there will always be a small percentage of people who are naturally wide. Mostly English and Irish. They were always there. THey're okay. But I still wouldn't sleep with them.
We should be looking at pre-WW2 levels of weight and bodysize as a place to be getting back to.
<>|<>
   .0. gimme a bitcoin: 1M9vApgDo5Dw45Awfem75mrVtMJvaMKpjy

it's time to put the Thin Agenda on the table (3.00 / 3) (#4)
by N0574 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 05:33:46 AM EST

let's encourage American teens to look at pics of robust, thin Japanese women and try to explain why each of those lovely specimens is expected to live 86.5, years whereas American women are only expected to live 78 (which is lower than Costa Rica, Cuba, and Chile) because they're into "chubby fashion".

- NCCTG N0574 CANCER PROTOCOL
That second link you posted is just sad. $ (none / 1) (#20)
by messybuu on Tue Jan 10, 2012 at 01:32:51 AM EST

Sent from Siri using my iPhone 4S. Buy one today!

Powered by the love of Christ.

POTATO FAMINE TIME $ (3.00 / 3) (#5)
by Harry B Otch on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 08:05:42 AM EST

-----
A lamentable petty bourgeois cry of fear.-.
Or as the Sweathogs said (none / 0) (#15)
by Lexx Core on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 05:19:48 PM EST

The French Fry Phantom! Welcome Back Kotter!

have to tax the fatfoods: (none / 1) (#3)
by N0574 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 05:08:10 AM EST

Research says it would be effective in combating fatness, and the CDC director supports it:
The researchers, writing in the journal Archives of Internal Medicine on Monday, suggested taxing could be used as a weapon in the fight against obesity, which costs the United States an estimated $147 billion a year in health costs.

"While such policies will not solve the obesity epidemic in its entirety and may face considerable opposition from food manufacturers and sellers, they could prove an important strategy to address overconsumption, help reduce energy intake and potentially aid in weight loss and reduced rates of diabetes among U.S. adults," wrote the team led by Kiyah Duffey of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

- NCCTG N0574 CANCER PROTOCOL

I've never been a fan (3.00 / 3) (#6)
by Harry B Otch on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 08:21:25 AM EST

of the idea of using punitive taxation, even when done in the name of the common good.  In fact, especially not when ostensibly being done in the name of the common good, since that's when the moralistic nutjobs tend to get on board in the crusade.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not any kind of libertarian or anything--I certainly believe in the power of government to regulate business and protect its citizens.  Politics makes strange bedfellows, though.  For example, the original Temperance movement in the U.S. started out as largely feminist and liberal in the mid-19th century, then evolved into the ugly Prohibition monstrosity it became later on.  Fuckers actually changed the constitution to criminalize alcohol, but that's what a single-minded obsession with an issue can lead to.

I'm much more in favor of accurate labeling of foods, and widespread dissemination of nutrition knowledge.  The fact is all the scientific information we really need to "combat obesity" is already there, if only we choose to listen to--but it still is essentially an individual choice.  Let fat people be fat if they want, I don't fucking care.  Researchers can get their own funding without having to extort it this way though.

-----
A lamentable petty bourgeois cry of fear.-.

the problem is (3.00 / 3) (#7)
by Marvin Suggs on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 10:01:21 AM EST

the fat people are like Downs Syndrome sufferers. If there is a MacDonalds there, they'll eat a MacDonalds. If there is a field of berries there, they'll eat berries.
<>|<>
   .0. gimme a bitcoin: 1M9vApgDo5Dw45Awfem75mrVtMJvaMKpjy
But it's so cute (none / 1) (#8)
by Harry B Otch on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 10:07:12 AM EST

the way they sing "Old MacDonald had a farm, e-i-e-i-o!" at the top of their lungs when they're eating there.

-----
A lamentable petty bourgeois cry of fear.-.

I've never seen that. (none / 0) (#9)
by Marvin Suggs on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 10:30:49 AM EST

<>|<>
   .0. gimme a bitcoin: 1M9vApgDo5Dw45Awfem75mrVtMJvaMKpjy
my kid calls mcdonalds 'old mcdonalds' (none / 0) (#12)
by nateo on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 12:48:00 PM EST

however he is not fat.

"I'm so gonna travel the world, photographing my dick at every location."
  - Vampire Zombie Abu Musab al Zarqawi
It's McDonald's! Not MacDonald's! (none / 0) (#19)
by messybuu on Tue Jan 10, 2012 at 01:31:24 AM EST

Sent from Siri using my iPhone 4S. Buy one today!

Powered by the love of Christ.

REGRESSIVE TAXATION FTW (none / 0) (#11)
by Enlarged to Show Texture on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 11:16:33 AM EST

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -- Isaac Asimov
N0574's progressive agenda EXPOSED! (none / 1) (#18)
by osm on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 06:55:52 PM EST

--------
4thelulz.org

Thank you Mr. Nanny State (none / 1) (#25)
by Fon2d2 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 10:21:47 AM EST

But Denmark is already taxing the saturated fats.  Too bad such interventionism isn't even supported by the evidence.  But you should know that's what you get for politicizing nutrition.  Just don't expect it to actually solve any problems.

Oh yes., (none / 0) (#13)
by cbraga on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 02:19:43 PM EST

A fine article representative of K5's golden years. +1.

ESC[78;89;13p ESC[110;121;13p
Hey (3.00 / 3) (#14)
by HollyHopDrive on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 04:23:54 PM EST

You quoted me out of context. That rubbish about excessive fat not affecting your heart was one of the FA claims I explicitly described as "pure bullshit".

I make too much sense to be on the Internet.

That's not how I remember thing$. (2.66 / 6) (#16)
by messybuu on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 06:32:31 PM EST

Sent from Siri using my iPhone 4S. Buy one today!

Powered by the love of Christ.

Oh hey, you did it more than once. (none / 0) (#23)
by HollyHopDrive on Sat Jan 14, 2012 at 07:42:12 PM EST

I actually didn't read this story all the way through until just now. At first I thought you were thick, now I realise it's a lame joke.

Makes sense now.

I make too much sense to be on the Internet.

HHD's pro-fatty agenda EXPOSED! (3.00 / 6) (#17)
by osm on Mon Jan 09, 2012 at 06:54:18 PM EST

--------
4thelulz.org

Shutup, fatass. (3.00 / 3) (#21)
by nepenthes on Tue Jan 10, 2012 at 11:05:27 AM EST

You're not fooling anyone.

YOU GOT A NICE FATITUDE THERE MISTER $ (none / 1) (#22)
by nateo on Tue Jan 10, 2012 at 02:22:44 PM EST

"I'm so gonna travel the world, photographing my dick at every location."
  - Vampire Zombie Abu Musab al Zarqawi
What a load of crap (1.00 / 3) (#24)
by Fon2d2 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 at 10:13:49 AM EST

So the whole point of the work of people like Linda Bacon and Paul Campos is to point out that in fact obesity does not correlate that strongly with disease.  Overweight people actually live longer than normal weight people.

What articles like this and what most people don't understand is that typical diet attempts are forcing the body into a famine state in which the body will eventually refuse to lose weight.  That's why people that have dieted down enter a different metabolic and hormonal environment than people that are thin to begin with.  The cause of modern degenerative diseases is not the fat itself but things like oxidation and inflammation.  Reducing these involve eating healthier and getting better sleep but also avoiding stress, and unfortunately dieting is a major stress on the body.  It's actually healthier for an overweight person to be active than a thin person to be sedentary.

The level at which most people diet today were known back in Ancel Keys' day as semi-starvation and the many physiological effects he documented certainly do not sound healthy to me.  And yes the men in Keys' experiment gained fat as they came off their "semi-starvation" diets but it was a necessary intermediate phase as their bodies also rebuilt lean tissue and restored metabolism.  But when that type of interim fat gain is not only understood, but can last as long as 33 weeks guilt at weight regain and "ruining their diet" takes over for most people and they halt the body's attempt to recover, at which point they simply ratchet up their weight set point.

Perhaps you might want to check out an Eating Disorders Fact Sheet.  You are promoting a culture that is pressuring 40 to 60% of all high school girls to be on a diet regardless of any need to lose weight.  How is that healthy?

It is possible to lose fat without causing a metabolic backlash, but the principles of fat gain and fat loss are far different then the bullshit presented here.

mmm... (none / 0) (#26)
by badfish2 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 at 12:28:03 AM EST

Bacon.

FUCK the moronic idiot: Messybu (1.00 / 6) (#27)
by Mocknbird2 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 at 08:40:37 AM EST

Guess what asshole?  I've worked out 3 hours a day, five days a week and only ate 600 or fewer calories a day for months.  I was trying to lose that last stubborn 15 pounds.
In 60 days, I gained 60 lbs.
After extreme frustration I get a diagnosis of hypothyroid.  Uh duh.  Turns out the real problem was my pituitary gland.  Normal t3 and t4 but super high TSH>
I've had super high TSH levels since they were measured the first time when I was slightly over weight at nine years old.
I wasn't treated til I was in my thirties.  Meanwhile, as a teen I starved for over six months to be a size five, 124 lbs (I'm 5'7).
I grew up eating the same things as my brothers and with the same activity levels, but I was the only one who wasn't rail thin.
YOU are a fucking moron.  You just want to feel superior.  Too bad we can't put idiots like you where you belong.  In prison getting your ass reemed.
I suffered needlessly for years because of ignorami such as you.  FUCK YOU!!!
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.  Big surprise!