Basic Income from Cradle to Adulthood

By k31 in Culture
Sat Jun 21, 2014 at 03:31:17 PM EST
Tags: freedome, basic income, nullo (all tags)

So you start of with basic income. It's called breast milk.

Before you can fully appreciate that, you switch to school based death-worshiping style of existence designed to get you accustomed to being in an ideological prison, both in terms of how you are herded physically according to an external time schedule, and emotionally as your social interactions are carefully controlled.

Then you may get allowance, with the threat of punishment if you don't do chore. So I hear. I just got nothing much so I was quite happy to skip ahead to a menial job.

Job doesn't seem like basic income, you can get fired. Only, in a "good" economy, they are more jobs than people to fill them.

If Singapore is good.

Then you get smarter, start a company. Only most people don't. They keep being whores for a wage, and complaining that life is so hard that they need drugs to face it. Rather than thinking outside of the common box, they try to find a bigger, taller box. Less than 10% succeed at it, which is why... stuff was invented to help that. Like financial education, which differs from economic indoctrination.

Most people skip this education, and follow another common mistake, and go to a loan shark.

Years Later

So you paid back the mafia, and don't technically have to go to work anymore. You're a shareholder, a silent partner, a guy who sold out and enjoys it, but now you have no way to keep score. Except with pussy but you don't have any libido cause you fucked your hormones up to concentrate on making money, or getting into the suicide club, or whatever.

So next step is, you go be a stock broker. Practice selling hope. More profitable in the short term to do it when the hope is the future of inflation, whilst claiming that it somehow stops inflation, and other doubletalk.

This isn't enough, so create derivatives based on sub-prime mortgages.

Congratulations, you have now broken the world!

Too bad you don't have any more breast milk to drink....

(based on my previous diary)

Basic income
o assumes bankers would want to help people, naively 33%
o assumes that governments cannot be bought 50%
o allows us to survive The Empire 0%
o will never be granted by The Empire 50%
o is breat milk. Grow The Fuck Up, already. 66%
o WIPO (any comment goes). 16%

o previous diary
o Also by k31

Basic Income from Cradle to Adulthood | 20 comments (15 topical, 5 editorial, 0 hidden)
basic income is the social fabric of conforming (none / 1) (#5)
by sye on Thu Jun 19, 2014 at 01:49:37 PM EST

to the moral/norm sub-strand of a given society at a given time one is born into.

social beings can't escape social programming of the invisible hands.

why did you get more votes than my short but a lot clearer version of assertions?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
commentary - For a better sye@K5
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ripple me ~~> ~allthingsgo: gateway to Garden of Perfect Brightess in CNY/BTC/LTC/DRK
rubbing u ~~> ~procrasti: getaway to HE'LL
Hey! at least he was in a stable relationship. - procrasti
enter K5 via Blastar.in

don't be jelly, (none / 1) (#8)
by k31 on Thu Jun 19, 2014 at 07:48:13 PM EST

You may think that your work is clear, but it takes a special mind to even begin to understand the wisdom encoded between and beyond your words.

For most people, the more simple something is, the more they like it.

For example, this is how I would restate your statement that I am replying to:

Humans already have a "basic income", but it is not financial, it is informational. The social fabric within which we are, each and all of us, implanted, pressures us to conform to a moral code, which varies between each segment of a given society. Over time, these moral codes vary, even within the same geographic area. Thus they can be seen as parallel strands along the line of time. There is nothing that an individual can do about this, since it is an accident of the details of their birth.

Social beings cannot escape social programming, anymore than an ant can lift Jupiter.

I actually do think that we can rise above social programming, and that the work of education use to include this. That is why I mentioned Jupiter (associated in Plato's discourses with society) explicitly; Saturn is associated with contemplation of the divine, and the highest place of life, "on the Earth" rather than in or under the total influence of society, and hence, in the "underworld" or just "in the world". They are obvious parallels to, say, the Gospel of John which describes being reborn from Spirit (will-power in cohesion with highest power) and water (an individual source of life, making one independent of the social fabric).

However, the reason why you tend not to get votes is simply because the mental state needed to comprehend your words, whilst remaining sane, is not present in most people, at most times, even if they know a bit about Chinese mental alignment.

It is just a statistical certainty that, having insufficient capability to parse your writing, most people at most times would simply reject your documents as incomprehensible.

However, if you focused on one topic for the length of a single essay (as opposed to multiple topics for a single sentence), then the cognitive load would be low enough for anyone to gain comprehension easily, and hence, support the publication of your essay with votes.

As was evidenced when you made the front page with your song/poem thingy. KISS principle at work.

Your dollar is you only Word, the wrath of it your only fear. He who has an EAR to hear....

still, your drivel sounds like rubbish (none / 1) (#9)
by sye on Thu Jun 19, 2014 at 11:47:18 PM EST

rubbish English is better than polished Chinese.
C'est la vie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
commentary - For a better sye@K5
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
rubbing u ~~> ~procrasti: getaway to HE'LL
Hey! at least he was in a stable relationship. - procrasti
enter K5 via Blastar.in

perhaps something (none / 1) (#10)
by k31 on Fri Jun 20, 2014 at 12:37:17 AM EST

was lost in translation?

perhaps i should sink my teeth into Ruby (none / 1) (#12)
by sye on Fri Jun 20, 2014 at 08:37:23 AM EST

simply because Japs mindset is closer to Chin-chin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
commentary - For a better sye@K5
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
rubbing u ~~> ~procrasti: getaway to HE'LL
Hey! at least he was in a stable relationship. - procrasti
enter K5 via Blastar.in

indeed chinese is a beautiful and ancient language (none / 1) (#14)
by mitsu on Sat Jun 21, 2014 at 11:26:50 PM EST

i don't know it tho. for me, the internet is in English.

the thing is, when the internet was created, it was all pretty much done in English.

Chinese have done well to do their own internet stuff however, including hacking our internets.

I only know a little, (none / 0) (#15)
by k31 on Sun Jun 22, 2014 at 02:14:26 AM EST

but the thought that it sparked, in how the human brain really works, and what the potential can be for someone who studies "outside the box" a bit, was invaluable.

It was actually more beneficial for me to study Chinese and think about that its existence as a primary language implies, than for me to spend two months in Asia.

Although, travel is beneficial in entirely different ways, especially if you have a work visa and/or catgirl wife at the time. :)

The problem with sye's writing... (none / 1) (#16)
by nate s on Mon Jun 23, 2014 at 11:34:53 PM EST

...isn't that it takes "a special mind" to understand, it's that sye writes so ambiguously that you can interpret the same sentence to mean a myriad of different things.  It's good for provoking thought (which is the only reason I scan sye's diaries/stories) but it isn't very good for actually provoking discussion, since you have no idea if the argument you're responding to is anything near what sye had in mind writing the sentence in the first place. For example, I agree with your interpretation of the second sye crypto-sentence (it's the simplest one), but you could as easily interpret the first to mean that you are "guaranteed income" in the usual sense of a financial basic income so long as you conform to social norms and values which guarantee you employment. That seems to me an equally valid interpretation as your "informational" one.

The problem, like I said, is that there's usually little point in speculating on what sye actually intended, so I don't bother commenting or rating, just think about it and move on. Only commenting here because there's meta-commentary involved.:)

i agree, but, (none / 1) (#17)
by k31 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 at 10:15:30 AM EST

it seems that sye usually just doesn't re-read anything and edit to remove ambiguity. "Not enough time", I think she said. So I tried to show how it doesn't take as long, but then again, I've been editing things for eons now so maybe what takes long for me is unfathomable long for others.

Also, all communication is ambiguous, but, we just tend to jump into assumptions that we understood correctly... although I can't escape the fact that sye tends to not give enough information to resolve the "one true meaning", even for people who do, I respond if there is something I want to say moreso than if I want to discuss what they said.

In that respect, sometimes I try to be explicit and overt about changing the paradigm or frame of reference of the discussion, but for people who can already see that problems arise from having an incomplete frame of reference or one which diverges (too much) from actual reality, maybe a joke or something more subtle.

I think that with a few minutes, sye could communicate consistently in ways we could all understand.... she does on occasion... but on the other hand, I'm also guilty of being way too ambiguous or metaphorical at times so it is not a big issue that I should concern myself with overly.

Live and let live, rather than live and litigate, in my general motto, esp. when income is not at stake. :)

Nice alternative translation of sye's post; I wonder which one she meant, or if it was both of them plus many others... some sort of supposition of multiple concepts, not yet collapsed into a discrete argument, perhaps....

Well, in part... (none / 1) (#18)
by nate s on Wed Jun 25, 2014 at 07:21:45 PM EST

I give her some leeway since I am reasonably sure English isn't her first language. That said, I would have sworn, prior to her original comment on this thread, that she enjoyed being obscure, that it was part of her K5 persona. Now I suspect it's as you say, a sort of impatience.

That said, her persona, intentional or not, is part of the flavor of K5, so I agree with you - live and let live.:)

you are pathetically wrong about me again (none / 1) (#19)
by sye on Fri Jun 27, 2014 at 09:56:26 PM EST

i reread things that stand out in an interesting way to me.

I do believe I have shortcomings in writing down the precise angle as to why that particular context triggerred my response. My life, as any other woman in America, is always NOT in a good position to win any argument with precisions for THAT requires concentrated time and A LOT of leisure time.

http://www.natesimpson.com/blog/archives/2011/11/17/on-protest-as-a-tactic/#comm ents

I can't recall why and what badvogato had to say in that point in time.,. as for now, my kid and husband demanded me to stop typing. so good night

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
commentary - For a better sye@K5
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
rubbing u ~~> ~procrasti: getaway to HE'LL
Hey! at least he was in a stable relationship. - procrasti
enter K5 via Blastar.in

I'm to the age where more and more (none / 0) (#20)
by Morally Inflexible on Fri Jul 11, 2014 at 12:22:06 AM EST

of my peers have children.   One guy who was actually a few years younger than I am said something to the effect of "I'm running out of time.  I don't want to be fighting with some goddamn kid when I'm 50"

I still feel like a teenager, myself.   I read Sartre's "No Exit"  this morning.  Lots of fun... but there is something fundamentally juvenile, I think, about philosophy, and reading "literature"

Basic Income (3.00 / 2) (#6)
by Cancer on Thu Jun 19, 2014 at 02:24:46 PM EST

if it is only 20K it ain't worth it, make it 50K and then we can talk.

What a surprise. The parasite isn't happy with (2.66 / 3) (#7)
by greengrass on Thu Jun 19, 2014 at 07:25:32 PM EST

what he gets.

Are you sure you don't need more than 50k?

I can't survive on 55 (none / 0) (#13)
by Phssthpok on Sat Jun 21, 2014 at 08:18:24 PM EST