Short short stories

By HollyHopDrive in Fiction
Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 05:44:33 PM EST
Tags: Culture (all tags)
Culture

Let's see what stories Kurons can write in one sentence and under 50 words.

A Lesson Learned
The moral of this tale is that it is possible to write a short story in one sentence and under fifty words - twenty eight words, to be precise.

A Detective Story
Now I know the murderer - it was Colonel Mustard in the bedroom with the candlestick.

A Short Moral
Their son died aged four, and they were both shocked when their second child turned out not to resemble her dead brother in appearance or character, but that, they learned, is because every human is unique, and the memory is better than any attempt at replacement.

Formulaic Love Story
They met, hated each other and so you can probably guess the ending - they fall madly in love.

Chinese Wisdom
A wise Chinaman once said if you can't say what you have to say in fewer than twelve lines, you should say nothing at all, so I'll just stop here.

Mills and Boon
Rich man dallies with shallow blonde before realising on page 94 that dowdy brunette is actually a breathtaking beauty, and whisks her off to a luxuriant life of sensuousness and material possessions which she deserves for being so spiritual and visionary and brown-haired.

21st Century Feminism
Buy flowers, hold doors, carry my bag, walk on the outside, pay for dinner, dominate me sexually and get rid of the spider on my desk right now or I'm firing your ass.

Playing Chicken
We jumped out in front of cars to make drivers brake and make them angry and make them say we were stupid and would get killed before we were 16, but we never believed them until Craig got killed before he was 14.

What a Bitch!
My mother always told me that if you can't say anything nice about a person, you should not say anything at all.

World's Worst Epitaph
She Meant Well.

Subjective Judgment
I think this sentence is really good.

All I Ever Needed to Know I Learned From My Cat
Sleep, dream, own a human, purr when pleased, stay warm, be loved, be independent, be furry, shred toilet paper, claim all furniture as yours, moult with intent, be mysterious, groom, sneeze politely, find a lap where you are always welcome, display uninhibited affection and always follow the sun.

Astigmatism
Of all the parts of me that could have been flat, it had to be my bloody eyes.

Great Expectations
True gentility is not about money and to hell with anyone who messes with your heart.

War and Peace
Haven't read it, sorry.

Teenage Angst
I'm fat, spotty, ugly, he'll never fancy me, my parents don't understand me, my creativity is stifled, I must own a purple hoody, I'm anti-conformist, nobody appreciates my unbearable trauma, my life is ruined and, ooh, telephone!

Jonah
I'm having a whale of a time, honest.

Writer's Block

o Also by HollyHopDrive

Short short stories | 95 comments (68 topical, 27 editorial, 0 hidden)
Your Story (2.28 / 7) (#1)
by warrax on Wed Jul 06, 2005 at 05:51:12 AM EST

Sucks.

-- "Guns don't kill people. I kill people."
Disappointed (1.66 / 3) (#9)
by Eustace Cranch on Wed Jul 06, 2005 at 10:41:43 AM EST

When I saw the title, I was hoping there would be some Dave Eggers stories here. He wrote a number of short short stories for the Guardian magazine, most of which are excellent - I highly recommend you read some. They are also available in book form.

Perhaps I shouldn't prejudge the kuron-created content though.

21st Century Feminism (3.00 / 3) (#13)
by LilDebbie on Wed Jul 06, 2005 at 02:42:14 PM EST

=

19th Century Chauvinism?

My name is LilDebbie and I have a garden.
- hugin -

Possibly (none / 1) (#15)
by HollyHopDrive on Wed Jul 06, 2005 at 06:21:02 PM EST

But the enforcement authority has shifted, you see. I'm making a point, although it's not supposed to be taken too seriously.

I make too much sense to be on the Internet.

except... it hasn't shifted, (none / 0) (#24)
by livus on Thu Jul 07, 2005 at 05:53:51 AM EST

as a rule.

HIREZ substitute.
be concrete asshole, or shut up. - CTS
I guess I skipped school or something to drink on the internet? - lonelyhobo
I consider myself trolled more or less just by visiting the site. HollyHopDrive

Maybe not (none / 0) (#46)
by HollyHopDrive on Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 07:46:45 AM EST

but I'm still making a joke with a point. At least I hope I am.

Really, I'm making fun of the "powerdressing woman in high heels making killer business deals every day" idea.

I make too much sense to be on the Internet.

Short Story (3.00 / 12) (#14)
by Big Sexxy Joe on Wed Jul 06, 2005 at 02:43:40 PM EST

I voted this story down and it disappeared.

THE END

I'm like Jesus, only better.
Democracy Now! - your daily, uncensored, corporate-free grassroots news hour

It posted! (none / 0) (#67)
by HollyHopDrive on Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 07:44:08 PM EST

Up yours!

I make too much sense to be on the Internet.

of course it posted, big joe's story was fiction! (3.00 / 4) (#74)
by emad on Sat Jul 09, 2005 at 04:38:31 PM EST

Fun format (3.00 / 6) (#18)
by LodeRunner on Wed Jul 06, 2005 at 07:21:54 PM EST

I first learned about this format on an interview in a brazilian talk-show, where this writer contacted a lot of well known brazilian writers and each of them contributed one short story, with up to 50 characters (not counting punctuation and spaces). Here's an article about it, if you speak Portuguese. One of the most curious ones is by Millor Fernandes, in a pretty smart way to bend the rules, which I'll try to translate here, in full:

The title: Thrilling account of the encounter of Teodoro Ramirez, captain of a freight, passengers and fishing ship in the Caribbean, in the moment where he discovered that the pretty English tourist was, in fact, a dangerous Cuban terrorist, who was trying to penetrate a port in the south of Florida to dynamite the local customs agency, and tried to force her to perform sexual favors.

The story: - Captain, gotta rape me in 1/2 minute; by 8, your ship explodes.

"dude, you can't even spell your own name" -- Lode Runner

MIllor Fernandes (none / 1) (#27)
by nkyad on Thu Jul 07, 2005 at 10:33:56 AM EST

Most of his writings fall under "humor" and he is one of the most intelligent brazilian writers alive (maybe ever), a master of one-liners and a fine social observer. He authors a permanent section in the most important brazilian weekly magazine (Veja).

Don't believe in anything you can't see, smell, touch or at the very least infer from a good particle accelerator run

I read a stupid article. (3.00 / 9) (#20)
by godix on Wed Jul 06, 2005 at 07:36:20 PM EST

There, I fit my short story in the freaking subject. Beat that.

- An egotist is someone who thinks they're almost as good as I am.
(n/t) (3.00 / 11) (#29)
by DanK on Thu Jul 07, 2005 at 01:40:29 PM EST

plagiarism plain and simple (1.11 / 9) (#23)
by community icon on Wed Jul 06, 2005 at 11:53:50 PM EST

ititytstfu

i am not as cool as a: video of a hot chic working out
No (none / 0) (#47)
by HollyHopDrive on Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 07:57:23 AM EST

All my own work.

Oh hang on, it's you. Yeah, I seek your badge of honour. I'll be worried the day I get your approval.

I make too much sense to be on the Internet.

I plagiarize (3.00 / 4) (#33)
by nollidj on Thu Jul 07, 2005 at 04:42:35 PM EST

Hemingway is supposed to have written a story like this. It goes something like:

Baby shoes. Never worn. For sale.

muahaha. MuaHaHA! MUAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAA!!!!

My entry (3.00 / 10) (#34)
by LodeRunner on Thu Jul 07, 2005 at 05:01:33 PM EST

A poem

I came to tell a story
of things I've seen and heard.
Accounts of my long travels,
pictures of distant worlds.
Amazing sights and sounds
Of mountains, lakes and birds,
and valleys where pastors
would follow their own herd.
I'd tell you all, but it won't fit
In measly fifty

"dude, you can't even spell your own name" -- Lode Runner

You know, I actually bothered to count the words (none / 0) (#35)
by shinnin on Thu Jul 07, 2005 at 06:41:49 PM EST

I'd probably have +1'ed the article if something like that had been in it.

Alternatively (2.00 / 3) (#38)
by Egil Skallagrimson on Thu Jul 07, 2005 at 08:15:52 PM EST

As his life's blood leaving
I hold my son, my only son
And tears fill my burning eyes

While his skin turns pale as snow
Butchered he lies here bleeding in my arms
Slewn by the men of the single god
Hatred burns in my chest

Rain falls from a raging heaven
The wind howls like wolves at the moon
I will seek my vengeance for my son
I swear I'll avenge my first born one
I ride fast through the woods
My friends are by my side
Dark hatred burns in my eyes
"Slaves of hvitekrist today you die!"

"Maktiga gudar,
i gyllene slaen.
Hjalp mig i striden
mot sondraparna,
Den hoge skall
For huggen hamnas
och blod skall galdas
i blod"

Our cloaks fly in the wind
As we ride in the cold dark night
We're closing in our enemies
We rage in our hearts burning bright

The clouds scatter in the northern wind
A full moon rides the pitch black sky
"Now, hounds of Hvitekrist,
your time has come to die!"

"Kneel before my sword!
No mercy! Your time has come to die!
This is the ride for vengeance!"

----------------

Enterobacteria phage T2 is a virulent bacteriophage of the T4-like viruses genus, in the family Myoviridae. It infects E. coli and is the best known of the T-even phages. Its virion contains linear double-stranded DNA, terminally redundant and circularly permuted.

And your point is... (none / 0) (#42)
by LodeRunner on Thu Jul 07, 2005 at 09:34:35 PM EST

that even nordic metal lyrics are better than my little ditty? :)

Come on, it was just a funny little idea. I don't claim to be a poet, of course.

"dude, you can't even spell your own name" -- Lode Runner

My point is, of course, (none / 0) (#44)
by Egil Skallagrimson on Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 07:24:15 AM EST

that Metal Roooollzzzzz \m/

----------------

Oh, the joys of post-traumatic disorder [nt] (none / 1) (#53)
by LodeRunner on Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 12:18:28 PM EST

[nordic thrashmetal]

"dude, you can't even spell your own name" -- Lode Runner

Speaking of poems... (none / 0) (#60)
by Sgt York on Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 02:12:56 PM EST

How about some limericks?

There was a young boy from China,
Whose poetry could've been finer.
His limericks tend
To come to an end
Suddenly.

There was a young girl from Peru,
Whose limericks end at line two.

And

There was a young man from Verdun.

(None of these are orginal, I can't recall where I saw them though)

There is a reason for everything. Sometimes, that reason just sucks.

+1FP, poster has a vagina (1.25 / 4) (#36)
by Pat Chalmers on Thu Jul 07, 2005 at 07:51:15 PM EST

I'll vote the story up when I see it nt (3.00 / 3) (#55)
by Big Sexxy Joe on Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 12:39:04 PM EST

I'm like Jesus, only better.
Democracy Now! - your daily, uncensored, corporate-free grassroots news hour
If I'd known this would encourage POETRY (3.00 / 3) (#39)
by livus on Thu Jul 07, 2005 at 08:32:16 PM EST

I'd have voted differently.

HIREZ substitute.
be concrete asshole, or shut up. - CTS
I guess I skipped school or something to drink on the internet? - lonelyhobo
I consider myself trolled more or less just by visiting the site. HollyHopDrive

Up or down? ;) (none / 1) (#41)
by LodeRunner on Thu Jul 07, 2005 at 09:32:37 PM EST

In either case, don't take my "entry" too seriously. I just had this silly idea involving the restriction caused by word count and sketched a quick implementation of it. We're just having fun, here, after all.

"dude, you can't even spell your own name" -- Lode Runner

Twee (2.33 / 3) (#43)
by Scrymarch on Thu Jul 07, 2005 at 10:27:45 PM EST

"Say Mr Rabbit," said Young Master Chicken, "is it time for jam and cakes yet?"  Sadly, an inspection of Mr Rabbit's fob watch confirmed they had at least a quarter of an hour to wait.

Damn, that is good. (none / 0) (#49)
by CAIMLAS on Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 10:02:22 AM EST

Each and every one of those 'short stories' has a unique and mentally stimulating element to them. I probably wouldn't have even read this topic if the first one hadn't piqued my interest.

It's a good thing I did, because I suspect this will get voted into the ground. If indeed you're the original author: good job! It's quite an honor to have people suggest you plagarized a work. :) They've underestimated you!

Socialism and communism better explained by a psychologist than a political theorist.

I'm the original author (none / 0) (#58)
by HollyHopDrive on Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 01:13:58 PM EST

Plagiarism is theft, and I don't steal. Thank you very much for the encouragement. Can I see some of your own work?

well... (none / 0) (#77)
by CAIMLAS on Sun Jul 10, 2005 at 03:29:37 PM EST

I'm fairly fond of procrastination, and I've not really finished anything yet.

I've got a dozen or so short stories sitting about my hard disk right now, and I've been trying to motivate myself to get them done. I'll likely post them here once I do.

I look forward to it /nt (none / 0) (#81)
by HollyHopDrive on Mon Jul 11, 2005 at 08:17:48 AM EST

I make too much sense to be on the Internet.

The two rules of showbusiness (3.00 / 4) (#50)
by it certainly is on Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 10:18:49 AM EST

Rule 1: Always leave your audience wanting more.

kur0shin.org -- it certainly is

Godwin's law [...] is impossible to violate except with an infinitely long thread that doesn't mention nazis.

Science Fiction for Telepaths (none / 0) (#51)
by siberian on Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 10:28:28 AM EST

Ah, you know what I mean. --------------- Stolen from the book 'Short Short Short Science Fiction Stories', published in the mid-80's.

I LOVE that one! (none / 0) (#57)
by HollyHopDrive on Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 12:43:18 PM EST

There's also Duane Ackerson's Sign At the End of the Universe:

This End Up (written upside down)

I make too much sense to be on the Internet.

50 word stories (3.00 / 4) (#52)
by nebbish on Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 11:33:54 AM EST

Are a great way to hone your writing skills people. Get on it.

---------
Kicking someone in the head is like punching them in the foot - Bruce Lee

Absolutely (none / 0) (#56)
by HollyHopDrive on Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 12:41:49 PM EST

Especially if, like me, your worst writing vice is verbosity. I give my editors heart attacks with the length of copy I submit.

I make too much sense to be on the Internet.

but the exercise only works if.. (none / 1) (#61)
by boboli fresh on Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 03:28:53 PM EST

you attempt to achieve some kind of plot arc within the space.  most of these here are just axioms, with no 'story' to speak of.

imho, even when done right, the only thing obtained by superfluous writing exercises like this, or freewriting, etc. is to make people more confident in their abilities as a writer.  which is not always good.

------
"Kaycee, you don't need this negativity in your life."

Not necessarily (none / 0) (#85)
by HollyHopDrive on Thu Jul 14, 2005 at 08:17:13 AM EST

The format of a short story makes some things possible that aren't possible in a novel, novella or longer short story. Axioms without "plot" aren't to everyone's taste, but they're something you can do with one sentence that you can't do if you need to make it much longer.

I don't think these kinds of exercises necessarily make you more confident, but if they do I think that's often a good thing. I'm not one for stifling creative exploration just because I might not like what some people come up with. They just open up a few more routes for self-expression, which is fun. Even bad writers are allowed to do harmless things in self-expression.

I make too much sense to be on the Internet.

Title: Witty Thoughts from K5 (2.75 / 4) (#59)
by SocratesGhost on Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 02:09:01 PM EST

Story:

Let's try to not be such a fucking retard. (3.00 / 2) (#63)
by beergut on Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 05:34:46 PM EST

Topical, not editorial:

Life.
In the offing, I discovered there is only one sensible way to consider this idea. It is, simply, to get drunk, fornicate with abandon, shoot tax collectors, dress sharply, always speak your mind, step lightly on the right toes, and grind those left to dust. All else is immaterial.

i don't see any nanorobots or jet engines or laser holography or orbiting death satellites.
i just see some orangutan throwing code-feces at a computer screen.

-- indubitable

Damn... IFI. (none / 0) (#64)
by beergut on Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 06:35:32 PM EST

I missed the part about "one sentence".

i just see some orangutan throwing code-feces at a computer screen.

-- indubitable

Dang (none / 0) (#65)
by LodeRunner on Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 07:22:02 PM EST

Now that you mentioned, I realized that I missed that part too.

"dude, you can't even spell your own name" -- Lode Runner

erm.. (none / 0) (#66)
by anglor varoa on Fri Jul 08, 2005 at 07:35:29 PM EST

boring
Sr. Varoa
The Ramayana. (none / 0) (#68)
by For Whom The Bells Troll on Sat Jul 09, 2005 at 02:49:40 AM EST

Rama built a bridge to Lanka, fought a war with Ravana and brought back his kidnapped wife Sita.

(Not my construct; my grandmom told me this.)

The Big F Word.

Whodunnit (3.00 / 3) (#69)
by reiko on Sat Jul 09, 2005 at 05:03:53 AM EST

She had the motive, he had the opportunity, only one had the balls.

\o/ I have nothing else.
a short science fiction story (none / 1) (#70)
by tnai on Sat Jul 09, 2005 at 05:56:14 AM EST

(that i plagiarised) "the last man on earth hears a knock on the door"

That's the shortest ever ghost story /nt (none / 0) (#79)
by HollyHopDrive on Sun Jul 10, 2005 at 04:18:48 PM EST

I make too much sense to be on the Internet.

Re: a short science fiction story (none / 0) (#83)
by WWWWolf on Tue Jul 12, 2005 at 05:59:55 AM EST

(that i plagiarised) "the last man on earth hears a knock on the door"

I can plagiarise even shorter one! "That morning, the Sun rose from west."

-- Weyfour WWWWolf, a lupine technomancer from the cold north...

Personnel (none / 0) (#71)
by zecg on Sat Jul 09, 2005 at 10:17:54 AM EST

Personnel -- By the time they start leading you to the side to take your shoes off in private places suffering the unrelenting official lights flickering for reasons you never may know or debunk it is clear they never needed more than silence and people still have faces, only not for you.

Selection (3.00 / 2) (#72)
by artis on Sat Jul 09, 2005 at 01:59:26 PM EST

Words fight and only 50 can be left behind, the story died and only nonsese survived.
Can you know that you are omniscient?
Poor Nonsense got one of its Ns chopped off. (nt) (none / 0) (#73)
by artis on Sat Jul 09, 2005 at 02:03:43 PM EST

Can you know that you are omniscient?
Sounds awfully like... (none / 0) (#75)
by gidds on Sat Jul 09, 2005 at 05:25:14 PM EST

Book-A-Minute to me.

Andy/

A beautiful day for a cycling (3.00 / 3) (#76)
by sab39 on Sat Jul 09, 2005 at 11:35:26 PM EST

The sun shone brightly as I coasted down the hill, not bothering to pedal, listening to the birdsong, watching the leaves of the trees in the breeze, drinking in the greenness of the grass, feeling the wind in my hair as I sailed across the field and off the cliff.
"Forty-two" -- Deep Thought
"Quinze" -- Amélie

Oops (none / 0) (#78)
by sab39 on Sun Jul 10, 2005 at 04:15:55 PM EST

Naturally, after being so careful with every word of the story, I screwed up trying to change the title from "A beautiful day for a bike ride" to "A beautiful day for cycling". Just pretend it has one of those titles, whichever one you prefer...
"Forty-two" -- Deep Thought
"Quinze" -- Amélie

Variation from Augusto Monterroso (none / 0) (#80)
by Niha on Sun Jul 10, 2005 at 08:06:55 PM EST

When she woke up, the dinosaur wasn't still there.

Bukkake (none / 1) (#82)
by calumny on Mon Jul 11, 2005 at 05:55:36 PM EST

his hair is black and thick
he is twenty-seven years old
his children love their math
his wife loves his ancestors
his television loves his hifi
his washing machine is a robot

Wit (none / 0) (#84)
by Maurkov on Tue Jul 12, 2005 at 07:24:09 PM EST

Brevity is.

Most of these aren't stories. (none / 0) (#86)
by clawDATA on Thu Jul 14, 2005 at 11:18:17 AM EST

As most writers know, stories have a beginning, middle, and end.

In the mid-eighties I heard on the radio a short-story contest, and someone brought up a story which won some sort of award for being the shortest story every told. I remember it today because it was so memorable:

For sale. Baby shoes, never used.

**starts crying**

No, no, no (none / 0) (#88)
by HollyHopDrive on Mon Jul 25, 2005 at 12:05:46 PM EST

Literature can consist of many things beyond just plot. Plot-based things are great fun and I love them, but that doesn't mean we can't explore language beyond the simple linear story. The "one-liner" (can't think of a better term for it just now) is something one can explore greatly within the short-short story context. A plot might consist of a beginning, middle and end, but literature extends a lot further.

I make too much sense to be on the Internet.

then the article is mis-titled... (none / 0) (#90)
by sab39 on Tue Jul 26, 2005 at 01:01:35 PM EST

You perhaps should have titled the article "short short literature" if a "story" format wasn't a requirement. I'm not complaining much though because several of yours were valid stories, and some of those that weren't were still very good.

When I posted my entries I did try to keep to the story format, though. Interestingly, trying to break down Short short Harry Potter into that format puts the middle first (everything in quotes) and then the beginning ("Hagrid told Harry") followed by the end. A beautiful day for cycling is more straightforward - the beginning is everything up to the first comma, and the end is the last four words.
"Forty-two" -- Deep Thought
"Quinze" -- Amélie

Katherine Mansfield called her work short stories (none / 0) (#91)
by HollyHopDrive on Wed Jul 27, 2005 at 08:24:05 AM EST

and they are famously plotless. Well, not plotless exactly. Characters appear and things do happen. But the first reading of one is likely to make you wonder where the story is, as almost nothing happens.

The point is that she is putting across ideas, theories and observations - similar to the one-liner axioms, if you will, although I don't mean to imply that my work's on any level near hers - by means other than complicated linear plots. But they are still known as "stories".

It's my article and I will call them stories if I want to. Think of them as the lessons of the story without the plot. Think of them as a little humour. Think outside the box and realise stories are part of fiction and there is much scholarly debate about where the lines of each genre are blurred - and be delighted you don't need to have everything defined for you by the same narrow boundaries.

I make too much sense to be on the Internet.

No offense intended (none / 0) (#92)
by sab39 on Wed Jul 27, 2005 at 10:35:35 AM EST

Perhaps I came across more critical than I intended to be. Certainly, since you invented the genre, you're free to name it anything you like.

FWIW, I liked a lot of yours, including (as I said in my previous post) several that were plotless. My favorites were Mills and Boon (plot), 21st Century Feminism (no plot), Playing Chicken (plot), All I Ever Needed to Know (no plot), Teenage Angst (no plot), and Writers Block (no plot). I haven't calculated the ratios of how many of each kind there were versus how many I liked, but at a glance it doesn't seem that I liked the plotted versus plotless ones any better or worse.

I guess all I was trying to get across is that for people who aren't familiar with the more subtle definition of a "story" that you're using, it's a little confusing initially to see these referred to as such. But regardless of what they're called they're still fun :)

I've been toying with doing a "Short Short LotR" or possibly a "Short Short Matrix" but I can't figure out a way to make them substantially different from "Short Short Harry Potter"...
"Forty-two" -- Deep Thought
"Quinze" -- Amélie

Oh no (none / 0) (#93)
by HollyHopDrive on Wed Jul 27, 2005 at 10:44:02 AM EST

I wasn't offended, sorry if it came across that way. I have a dry sense of humour that sometimes comes across the wrong way in cyberspace.

I make too much sense to be on the Internet.

Does anyone know who wrote this? (none / 0) (#87)
by bunk on Fri Jul 15, 2005 at 01:02:56 AM EST

My favorite short short story (roughly paraphrased):

"The thing about invisibility," said the first man to the second man, "is that it is so damn difficult to accomplish." "Not so," said the third man, an impudent fellow, and vanished.

hunger strike + bong hits = super munchies -- horny smurf
Short Short Harry Potter (none / 1) (#89)
by sab39 on Mon Jul 25, 2005 at 03:37:06 PM EST

"Yer a wizard and yeh've gotta enlist the help o' the great headmaster Dumbledore, yer bickering friends Ron and Hermione, an' a whole bunch o' other people who I don't have space ter mention, so's you can defeat the evil Lord Voldemort," Hagrid told Harry, who went and did so.
"Forty-two" -- Deep Thought
"Quinze" -- Amélie

A clean smutlet (none / 0) (#94)
by ana on Mon Aug 01, 2005 at 03:00:08 PM EST

"Would you, just once, pick a gender and hold it for a while, so I can have the experience of knowing whether I'm a lesbian?"

Years go by; will I still be waiting
for somebody else to understand?
--Tori Amos

The complete star trek almanac (none / 0) (#95)
by tonyenkiducx on Thu Sep 22, 2005 at 10:34:55 AM EST

Find something wierd, talk about techie stuff, win the day. Repeat.

Tony.
I see a planet where love is foremost, where war is none existant. A planet of peace, and a planet of understanding. I see a planet called
Short short stories | 95 comments (68 topical, 27 editorial, 0 hidden)