"The .com.au is the Australian commercial domain designation. It is given to Australian Businesses to establish an Internet address signifying an Australian business. Unlike the top level TLD domains there are restrictions associated with .com.au and .net.au domain names.
* Only commercial entities registered and trading in Australia will be allocated a com.au domain name.
* The domain name can only be derived from the characters contained in the commercial name.
* Only one domain name per trading entity is given.
* names, such as place names or names of goods or services, will not be licensed for use as com.au.
* Be at least two characters long.
Contain only letters (a-z), numbers (0-9) and hyphens or a combination of these.
Start and end with an alphanumeric character, and not a hyphen.
* The name is given to a specific business and hence not transferable.
The Registration of the .com.au domain does not assign any rights relating to the use of the name in any context."