whois kuro5hin.org

By i in Meta
Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 02:55:16 AM EST
Tags: Kuro5hin.org (all tags)
Kuro5hin.org

Won't you be my neighbour?

Believe it or not, to this day I didn't know who Mr. Rogers was. But I've said yes to his memorable question, and so have you--if you, like me, have taken the time to register and regularly visit Kuro5hin. We've became neighbours our own little virtual 'hood.

But who are these people around us? Who is trhurler, and will he be throwing things at me? Where is localroger? Does Battle Troll have an axe to grind? This i guy, is he real? Let's find out.

How?

Here's an idea. Let's do a monthly (or weekly, or whatever) interview, Slashdot-style. Only instead of a dubious iCelebrity, choose the victim among ourselves. Call it "K5er of the month", or "Featured Kurobot", or "Spotlight". Give it a section of its own. Spotlight, not a bad name for a section! Below I will try to present a framework for such a feature.

Choosing a victim

This could be done by site admins, similarly to the process of, say, selecting current poll. Naturally, an informal feedback of the participants is essential here. If this looks too authoritarian to you, here's an easy alternative. The admins (or the softwares) randomly select 10 or so candidates among those who agree to participate, and post a poll. The featured kuron is the one who harvests maximum votes.

Choosing the questions

That's the easy part. This is done much like on the site formerly known as That Other Site. An article is posted with an invitation to ask questions. Questions are posted as comments. Ten or so most modded up questions are forwarded to the victim.

Answering the questions

The interviewee, naturally, may choose to decline answering a particular question, or elect to answer one which is not among those highly modded up. In order to boost quality, I propose that the answers be submitted via our normal article submission process.

Why?

K5 used to feature a periodic column, called "Tell us about yourself" or something like that; I forgot. Why is it no more? I suspect one reason is because it was too crowded. When you read about 400 or so users in one fell swoop, the information tends to overflow your buffers and spill all over the place. But there's probably another reason: it was boring. People only told superficial details about their lives, and not their thoughts about what's really important to them.

Everyone can submit a diary

Seriously, why do we need to ask people questions? The diary section is open, if you want to tell us something, just do it! The answer to this is twofold. First, not everyone is prepared to share, out of the blue, his thoughts on everything. Some people need a little incentive! Second, even if you are prepared to tell us everything, your thoughts may be scattered around tens, perhaps hundreds of diaries and even more comments. Step into the spotlight!

Should we do it?

o localroger
o Battle Troll
o i
o Slashdot [2]
o That Other Site
o Also by i

whois kuro5hin.org | 107 comments (64 topical, 43 editorial, 0 hidden)
The Life of Poopy Peanutz (1.16 / 6) (#2)
by Poopy Peanutz on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 02:21:49 AM EST

You should interview me. I'm interesting.

the most hated man on K5...

this is actually a good idea (1.61 / 13) (#3)
by Jason the Mathematical Solo Guitarist on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 03:18:14 AM EST

i'm mostly curious who the primary typ eof person chosen would be. losers like tweetsy? faggots like kitten? trolls like tex? crapflooders like rmg?

actually, i'd like to ask tweetsy a few questions, starting with "why are you such a cunt"...

In a math sense this sig is just applied group theory: what we are talking about is the decomposition of the direct product of 2 irreducible representations of the rotation group into a direct sum of irreducible representations

My name is Kasreyn, and I approve of this ad. (3.00 / 2) (#4)
by Kasreyn on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 03:26:47 AM EST

and of the concept as well. Let's do it.

"Extenuating circumstance to be mentioned on Judgement Day:
We never asked to be born in the first place."

R.I.P. Kurt. You will be missed.
My name is not Kaseryn, but I approve of this ad (3.00 / 5) (#6)
by For Whom The Bells Troll on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 03:51:17 AM EST

and the concept. Let's do it.

The Big F Word.
Good idea (none / 1) (#8)
by elver on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 04:58:43 AM EST

And the first victim must surely be localroger :)

People I'd like to see interviewed. (2.85 / 7) (#10)
by Torka on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 07:12:42 AM EST

Generally speaking, the reason for someone appearing in this list is that I find them interesting in some way, rather than because I agree with their opinions or think they contribute positively to the site, or even that I like them as people.

I agree with many of the choices on the existing list, so I'll only mention new ones here.

LilDebbie
GenerationY
skyknight
trhurler
Trollaxor
elenchos
Battle Troll
SIGNOR SPAGHETTI
marx (if he's still around)
Blarney
waxmop
fluxrad
Russell Dovey
debacle
DominantParadigm
rmg/the ghost of rmg

CheeseBurgerBrown would probably be on there too if it wasn't for the fact that what with reading his elaborate diary entries here and some of his stuff on HuSi, I feel like I already know too much about the man for an interview with him to be interesting.

I've probably forgotten a few; my recollection of K5 regulars' usernames isn't too hot.

Beat To The Punch (3.00 / 6) (#20)
by CheeseburgerBrown on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 10:26:50 AM EST

Also, you may be underestimating my narcissism and prentention, for in fact I am already working on a Scoop-posting entitled Self-Interview, by coincidence.

Thought I'd already sunk to the lowest depths of self-indulgent tripe? Think again!

So, no matter how this idea of i's goes, there'll be a CBB interview out there in a few weeks. Trolls: this is like a homework assignment -- you can prepare you jeers in advance.

_____
you suck, cheeseburgerbrown! (none / 0) (#57)
by the ghost of rmg on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 07:20:39 PM EST

rmg: comments better than yours.
You Cut Me Deep. (none / 0) (#96)
by CheeseburgerBrown on Thu Dec 23, 2004 at 09:53:05 AM EST

Now don't make me call Egon with his ectoplasm trap and suck your sorry soul into the hoary bowels of our Ghost of rmg Containment Unit.

_____
Never cross the streams. [nt] (none / 1) (#102)
by rusty on Fri Dec 24, 2004 at 03:16:32 PM EST

____
Not the real rusty
YOU FORGOT CAPS LOCK (3.00 / 8) (#50)
by NotSoEvilGwyn on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 03:23:18 PM EST

Fawning won't get you a seat at the cool table. (3.00 / 6) (#72)
by elenchos on Tue Dec 21, 2004 at 02:41:32 AM EST

This whole wanking, forum-royalty-worshiping, ass-kissing, circle-jerking, People-magazine-imitating excercise in self-loathing is nothing but a poor substitute for creating real content. This article should be killed now and no one should ever suggest this sad idea ever again.

Don't suck the media's cock. Be the media. That means kill your idols and go write something good, about something that matters.

Everyone on your list died years ago. Let the dead bury the dead.

Adequacy.org

Like I said. (3.00 / 2) (#73)
by Torka on Tue Dec 21, 2004 at 03:36:13 AM EST

It's a list of some of the K5 regulars I find interesting and would like to know more about, not a list of my idols or the people I like the most. Any perception you have of fawning or worship comes from your own narcissism, not from me.

Standard questions (2.83 / 6) (#13)
by mikepence on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 09:53:20 AM EST

There should be a standard set of questions for each victim.

What you want to do could be accomplished by creating a user with the name "Spotlight" and then having the diary entries for Spotlight be interviews with the various subjects. No site admin intervention required, no new sectioning, etc. With a new baby, Rusty as not going to be very attentive to new things on this site anyway.

Good idea, though.

Hmm (2.50 / 2) (#16)
by Torka on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 10:04:43 AM EST

Maybe a standard set of questions, plus a few more questions tailored to the interviewee? That would keep it from getting boring and would allow people to bring up issues related to a specific person. For example if you were interviewing thelizman you could ask him why he chooses to hang out on a site where the majority of the active userbase considers him a total shitbag (tongue in cheek, but you get the idea).

Sure (none / 1) (#18)
by mikepence on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 10:08:40 AM EST

Put it in a diary, as I suggested, and users can ask unlimited follow-up questions.

IAWTP... (2.75 / 8) (#40)
by ktakki on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 01:37:44 PM EST

There should be a standard set of questions for each victim.
  • What's your sign?
  • What's your favorite color?
  • What's your favorite food?
  • Who is your favorite celebrity?
  • What are your turn-ons?
  • What are your turn-offs?
  • What's your idea of the perfect date?
  • Which member of N'Sync do you like the best?
  • If you could be a tree, what tree would you most like to be?
  • If you could change one part of your body, which would it be?
  • Can a democratically elected government in Iraq survive the threats of insurgency, sectarian violence, and Kurdish separatism?

k.
"In spite of everything, I still believe that people
are really good at heart." - Anne Frank

You forgot (2.62 / 8) (#56)
by killmepleez on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 05:42:22 PM EST

"What was the nature of your first gay experience?"

__
"I instantly realized that everything in my life that I thought was unfixable was totally fixable - except for having just jumped."
--from "J
It's a good idea, I can only see one real flaw. (2.77 / 9) (#19)
by The Black Ness Monster on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 10:14:18 AM EST

By and large, kurobots are boring, sad little people. Do we really need something this masturbatory?

You just have no idea. (2.83 / 6) (#25)
by i on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 10:47:47 AM EST

There are no boring people. Little, maybe; sad, any day. But not boring. Just find the right set of keys. The secret password, the hidden switch. Like nightingales, they sing—if you know how to listen. Call me a hopeless optimist, if you will (I am).

and we have a contradicton according to our assumptions and the factor theorem

Hopeless optimist (NT) (none / 1) (#91)
by Father Knows Best on Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 11:47:25 AM EST

Your favorite band sucks.
Good Idea. (3.00 / 4) (#21)
by CheeseburgerBrown on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 10:28:42 AM EST

I've always wanted to know more about my fellow Scoopophiles. As long as you don't ask me, I'm behind it.

_____
As long as you're not behind me... (NT) (none / 1) (#92)
by Father Knows Best on Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 11:48:19 AM EST

Your favorite band sucks.
I'm Game +1 FP (1.00 / 6) (#22)
by The Devil on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 10:41:43 AM EST

I'd be up to helping interview or being interviewed.

Simplified Method (3.00 / 3) (#37)
by Eight Star on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 01:11:16 PM EST

Just Create the section.
People will post stories proposing an interviewee, it will get voted up or down. (So the victim selection process is done.) People will then post questions under that story, these questions will get modded up or down, and the interviewee will choose which questions to reply to. (So the question selection and reply system is done too.) Optionally, someone could post a follow-up story with a recap of questions and answers, and that would also get voted on.
This could be done without a section at all, but I think it would be nice to have one. OTOH, the section bar is getting crowded, Perhaps just a custom of using "Spotlight on: username" titles under meta.

The problem (2.81 / 11) (#42)
by Big Sexxy Joe on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 01:43:41 PM EST

I like K5.  I like the stories and I like it even more when people make fun of the stories.

Anyway, the problem with this idea is that it will encourage the naughty K5ers to make fun of actual people.  I think it will get out of hand very quickly.  People will get very upset and it would be very damaging to the site.

Besides, people aren't interesting; they just think they are.  I'd rather tell you what I think than know what you think.

I'm like Jesus, only better.
Democracy Now! - your daily, uncensored, corporate-free grassroots news hour

Zero Em (none / 0) (#97)
by MicroBerto on Thu Dec 23, 2004 at 10:07:43 AM EST

That's why we have zeros to knock assholes off the page... I don't use k5 as much as I used to, but when I do, I rate down anything belligerent

Berto
- GAIM: MicroBerto
Bertoline - My comic strip
Nobody cares about zeros nt (none / 1) (#100)
by Big Sexxy Joe on Thu Dec 23, 2004 at 10:14:17 PM EST

I'm like Jesus, only better.
Democracy Now! - your daily, uncensored, corporate-free grassroots news hour
Nowadays, (none / 0) (#105)
by Gruntathon on Wed Dec 29, 2004 at 05:51:00 AM EST

I never hear the classic 'Drop that Zero and get yourself a Hero'.

Perhaps people ARE beginning to appreciate the Zeroes?

__________
If they hadn't been such quality beasts (despite being so young) it would have been a nightmare - good self-starting, capable hands are your finest friend. -- Anonymous CEO
+1FP wank wank wank says the penguin [n/t] (2.66 / 6) (#53)
by RandomLiegh on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 04:52:32 PM EST

Thought of the week: There is no thought this week.
Mr. Internet Linguist says ... (3.00 / 5) (#70)
by Peahippo on Tue Dec 21, 2004 at 12:20:29 AM EST

... the proper terminology is "fap fap fap", not "wank wank wank". What are you, a fucking Brit? Wanker.

More Insults! More! (none / 1) (#104)
by Gruntathon on Wed Dec 29, 2004 at 05:45:56 AM EST

*fap fap fap fap fap fap*
__________
Sorry (2.80 / 5) (#55)
by codejack on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 05:35:13 PM EST

The only "interviewing" I have any interest in conducting on Kurons would necessarily involve duct tape, a flood lamp, a car battery with jumper cables, and a sheet of plywood.

Please read before posting.

You have been watching too many movies (3.00 / 5) (#61)
by localroger on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 08:07:47 PM EST

A car battery doesn't put out enough voltage for what you want. What you would really be wanting would be an electric fence transformer.

I am become Death, Destroyer of Worlds -- J. Robert Oppenheimer
In our next episode (3.00 / 11) (#63)
by The Black Ness Monster on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 08:29:31 PM EST

Localroger travels to Mexico to see if he can get a car battery hooked up to his nipples for cheaper than at home.

Hilarity ensues.

...ok, THAT was funny. -nt (none / 0) (#79)
by Kasreyn on Tue Dec 21, 2004 at 02:20:10 PM EST

nt
"Extenuating circumstance to be mentioned on Judgement Day:
We never asked to be born in the first place."

R.I.P. Kurt. You will be missed.
Bravo (nt) (none / 0) (#81)
by Mr.Surly on Tue Dec 21, 2004 at 04:58:35 PM EST

huh? (none / 0) (#66)
by codejack on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 08:40:36 PM EST

Why would I want that? You can't get the amperage you need to char the toenails properly.

Please read before posting.

Physics of, well, this kind of thing (3.00 / 8) (#67)
by localroger on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 10:07:10 PM EST

With the car battery, you can't get the amperage to char flesh because flesh has a high resistance. You need a high voltage source to push that amperage through the skin, but it also has to be a high voltage source capable of putting out that amperage.

It takes 30-40 volts minimum to push enough voltage through skin to hurt or kill. (The odd exception is that you can feel lower voltages on sensitive and wet spots, such as the old 9V battery on the tongue.) To be sure of generating pain on a random spot you really need a minimum of 70V. As we all know, 110VAC can pretty reliably kill you if it goes through your chest cavity.

Added in to all this is that it is the current that kills you, but it is the voltage that causes the pain. So assuming you want to interrogate rather than murder your neighbor, what you want is a high voltage current limited source.

This is where the electric fence transformer and its close relative, the cattle prod come in. These devices are designed to cause pain without causing market damage. They typically put out around 1000V unloaded so they will very reliably force current through skin no matter where they are applied, even (as in their normal usage) through hair and clothing. BUT they are also designed to put out an amount of current that won't kill a cow. Now cows are a bit tougher than humans so they will put out enough current to char things, and to kill if applied wrong; people are regularly electrocuted by electric fences. But for torturing someone, these are the devices that can be most readily re-purposed with the least effort and most reliable effect.

If you are a total wuss you can also get a "pet and child safe" electric fence driver which is more aggressively current limited and periodically interrupted so that if Junior grabs the wire he can let go. Simply hooking this up to [insert sensitive body part] and walking away could be highly effective, even if your neighbor has to survive for some reason.

Incidentally, you don't want too much voltage; something like a taser is designed to incapacitate, and while it's pretty hideous to be tasered it's not very good for interrogation, because it leaves your victim incoherent or unconscious at the moment of maximum persuasion. Voltages above 5KV are perceived much differently than voltages of 100V - 1KV. In fact, I have a nifty little massage device that I made from a Bar-B-Que ignitor that generates a few very short 25KV pulses per second, copied from a design used by chiropractors. It's just the thing to loosen up those stiff muscles after a hard day, and only very nominally "painful."

Anyhoo, getting back to the original comment, you would barely be able to even feel the output of a car battery even if you put both clamps on your tongue. If the human body was made of metal it would be a different story.

I am become Death, Destroyer of Worlds -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

I am disturbed you put so much effort into this. (3.00 / 2) (#69)
by Dr Gonzo on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 11:10:38 PM EST

"I felt the warmth spread across my lap as her bladder let loose." - MichaelCrawford

and yet were you compelled to read it? <nt> (none / 0) (#85)
by adimovk5 on Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 12:16:54 AM EST

Actually... (none / 1) (#74)
by skyknight on Tue Dec 21, 2004 at 07:12:33 AM EST

I don't think that is quite true, in that your statement is too general. It is my understanding that the juice coming from the wall socket will kill you not merely because it is a certain voltage, but rather because it is a particular combination of voltage and frequency. It just so happens that that 110VAC@60Hz is particularly unfortunate as far as human hearts are concerned. Mind you, I could be totally wrong, and if so then please do tell me, but I'm fairly confident that I've heard this somewhere.

It's not much fun at the top. I envy the common people, their hearty meals and Bruce Springsteen and voting. --SIGNOR SPAGHETTI
Actually, DC is worse (3.00 / 2) (#75)
by localroger on Tue Dec 21, 2004 at 08:21:11 AM EST

The idea that AC is more dangerous than DC goes all the way back to the Edison-Tesla current wars, when Edison pushed it as a propaganda point. But for any given voltage and current DC is actually worse. Neither is particularly healthy if enough current goes through to swamp important signals, but AC periodically relents while DC causes muscles to lock.

I am become Death, Destroyer of Worlds -- J. Robert Oppenheimer
I did a little bit of Googling since posting... (3.00 / 2) (#76)
by skyknight on Tue Dec 21, 2004 at 08:35:11 AM EST

and I found a handful of pages making the claim that the human heart is particularly sensitive to the 50-60Hz range. For some reason, so they would have us believe, the heart's rhythmic electrical pulses are more prone to interference from this range that others. I really don't know enough about the electrical/chemical issues of the heart to judge this claim effectively, though. If I had to venture a guess, it would be that beyond some voltage level it doesn't matter whether the signal is AC or DC, but that AC can kill you more handily at lower voltages because it jostles the synchrony of the various contractions of the heart, whereas we actually use DC to restart a stopped heart because it resets the various components to a synchronized state.

That makes sense /nt (none / 0) (#83)
by localroger on Tue Dec 21, 2004 at 08:14:27 PM EST

I am become Death, Destroyer of Worlds -- J. Robert Oppenheimer
I know all this (none / 1) (#78)
by codejack on Tue Dec 21, 2004 at 01:32:48 PM EST

It breaks down like this: P(power)= V(voltage) x A(current, in amps). Therefore, for any given power source, let's use a car battery for example, if you increase the voltage, you lower the current. Now, this doesn't affect whether or not it will kill someone to any great degree, as you only need about 120mV across the heart to fibrillate. For torture, on the other hand, you are looking to inflict pain, and so you want high current because of the above formula.

An incidental formula is this: I(current, don't ask)= V(voltage) / R(resistance). Now you are probably thinking "Well, if that's true, then you need high voltage to create high current, and the high resistance of the human body would preclude either," which is partially true; However, once you break the skin with either physically or through sufficient voltage, the resistance of that portion of skin decreases substantially allowing current to reach the blood, which, of course, is mostly water, and we all know what happens then. It is the current, though, that causes burns, not the voltage; As a poster below mentioned, some muscle relaxing devices use 25-50kV, and it doesn't hurt much at all.

So, back to the car battery: While it only creates ~12V, it can put out as much as 750A! That will make you a crispy critter!

Also, addressing some other concerns, wall electricity (110V American style) is dangerous for three reasons: One, 60hz is the typical frequency of your heart (what's your resting heart rate?), which is why Europe uses 50hz, and is much less dangerous; Two, the current is enough to overcome the resistance of your skin, and can put out a mess of current (most houses have 30-50 amp breakers, plenty to kill you); And three, 110V AC actually translates into about 160V DC by the Root/Mean/Square formula for rectification (multiply by 1.414 for AC -> DC, by .727 for DC -> AC), and this is it's effective voltage.

And if you want to know where I got all this stuff, I am a certified electronic technician in good standing with ISCET.

Please read before posting.

blood conductor (none / 0) (#86)
by adimovk5 on Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 12:26:43 AM EST

.....However, if you pierce the skin, the blood will act as a conductor and carry the current.....

Won't the blood clot? Or if you stop clotting won't the victim bleed to death?

.....and this is it's effective voltage.....

I thought that was the peak voltage?

well (none / 0) (#87)
by codejack on Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 01:06:43 AM EST

Won't the blood clot? Or if you stop clotting won't the victim bleed to death?
First, it takes a little while for the blood to clot, and in this process, you will have pretty well cooked the flesh by the time you have to worry about that. Also, for low current operation, it will only clot where it is exposed; The conductor will still be in contact with liquid blood.
I thought that was the peak voltage?
No, 110V is the peak voltage; When you rectify AC to DC, the negative half of the sine wave becomes positive. At that point, the "effective" voltage becomes difficult to determine: You take the square of the average of the square roots of each point along the rectified sine wave, which is higher than the peak of the original sine wave by a factor of about 1.414. For example, if you were to build a rectifier and plug it into a 110v wall socket, then put a voltmeter on the outputs, it would read ~165V. Note: This only applies to bridge rectifiers, however, you rarely run into anything else.

Similarly, when oscillating DC current to emulate AC current, the voltage becomes lower by a factor of about .727, by reversing the formula above. This is actually trigonometry, but it's how electronics work.

Please read before posting.

You're either bad at EE or biology, (none / 1) (#88)
by skyknight on Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 08:09:34 AM EST

though which I'm not sure. Then again, maybe your resting heart rate really is 3600 beats per minute, in which case you might want to see a doctor. My guess would be that you don't know what a Hertz is which puts your EE expertise on tenuous ground. Furthermore, you're going to have to come up with a more convincing explanation for why the wall socket has a tendency to kill us folks with heart rates of ~1Hz.

Ah (none / 1) (#89)
by codejack on Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 11:26:45 AM EST

You're right, I wasn't thinking; It doesn't have anything to do with heart rate. I don't know, maybe it's the frequency of our involuntary nervous system? All I know from my Electronics courses is that 60hz 110V AC (America) current kills lots more people than 50hz 220V AC (Europe) does.

Please read before posting.

Yes, that is correct. (none / 0) (#90)
by skyknight on Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 11:34:02 AM EST

I discuss this very thing in a thread that runs parallel to this with localroger. I don't know precisely why, but for some reason the human heart is particularly sensitive to frequencies in the 50-60Hz range. I assume that it has something to do with the way it affects the synchrony of the various components that result in the heart's phased contraction.

Uh, (none / 1) (#101)
by a boy and his bike on Fri Dec 24, 2004 at 09:38:11 AM EST

Your knowledge is lacking. I've never seen a house with a 30-50A circuit, it's more than that. An apartment might get away with a low amperage like that, though. And this is irrelevant since the branches are are usually limited to 15A.

Water doesn't conduct electricity well, it's the impurities in it that make it conduct. Go buy some distilled, de-ionized water and test it for yourself.

110VAC has a peak voltage of 170V, it has nothing to do with being rectified or not. 110VAC is the effective voltage, not 170V, which is the peak voltage. 110V is the equivalent DC voltage that would heat a resistor the same amount as the 340V peak-to-peak sine wave that comes out of your house outlets in North America.

Maybe... (3.00 / 3) (#93)
by Father Knows Best on Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 11:49:42 AM EST

a hand-coded assembly car battery would do the trick, though!
Your favorite band sucks.
lol what (1.00 / 20) (#65)
by Your Moms Cock on Mon Dec 20, 2004 at 08:38:07 PM EST

Mountain Dew cans. Cat hair. Comic book posters. Living with the folks. Are these our future leaders, our intellectual supermen?

Executive Power (2.66 / 9) (#71)
by Peahippo on Tue Dec 21, 2004 at 12:32:35 AM EST

Rusty can do whatever he wants. It's his site. Therefore I propose he cut through all this UN blather and simply strike on deep into Iraq:

Each month, a random account of a certain activity level is chosen as the Interviewer. Another, different random account of a certain activity level is chosen as the Interviewee. Mr. Interviewer has 1 week to prepare to interview Mr. Interviewee via a list of 10-20 questions. The victim has 1 week to respond with his answers. That gives K5 2 weeks to tear the posted interview apart online, and sadistically. Any participant (Interviewer or Interviewee) who elects not to participate has their account automatically LOCKED for the next month. Participants cannot be chosen more than once in any 6-month period.

C'mon, Rusty, show us some fucking leadership. JUST DO IT!

(Of course, it's also an exercise of leadership to ignore the frankly troublesome ravings of a man such as myself. Ah, well.)

i :: idea (none / 1) (#77)
by The Devil on Tue Dec 21, 2004 at 09:13:13 AM EST

The victim can also choose to answer any other questions he wants. I noticed that the norm in Slashdot interviews is that those interviewed usually just go through themselves and answher whatever they want.

Posted or not (3.00 / 5) (#82)
by Sgt York on Tue Dec 21, 2004 at 05:30:48 PM EST

Although the voting on the story is all over the place, it seems the majority wants to do something like this. But it looks like no one will get around to doing it for a while.

Unless, of course, it gets started grassroots (i.e., you do it). Pick someone at random and ask for questions. You could even just do it in your diary if you don't want to mess with the voting queue. Heck, start a new account and call it "Who's K5?". Use that account's diary. Find a willing victim and request questions, send them off and the victim can submit the answers as a story.

Just do it. If it works out, ask for suggestions for further victims when the story comes out. Or, it could be a passing of the torch; the responsibility of picking the next victim lies on the shoulders of the picked.

There is a reason for everything. Sometimes, that reason just sucks.

Ms December, Your Moms Cock (2.83 / 6) (#94)
by HyperMediocrity on Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 02:05:14 PM EST

Age: 15

Turn-ons:

Counter-Strike, 50 cent & eminem, downloading porn clips off of kazaa, the word 'cock'

Turn-offs:

When his mom tells him to get off the computer, highschool english class

Life Goals:

To magically get rich and thereby live in a mansion, drive a hummer with spinner rims on it, and to have lots of "hot bitches."

Taking navel gazing to an entirely new level! (3.00 / 3) (#95)
by skim123 on Wed Dec 22, 2004 at 05:33:04 PM EST

PT Barnum

I wonder... (none / 1) (#98)
by Aphexian on Thu Dec 23, 2004 at 12:47:43 PM EST

Wonder who the first person will be to get interviewed twice, once for each dup account?

It won't be me... Or will it?

[I]f there were NO religions, there would be actual, true peace... Bunny Vomit

+1 Encourage (none / 0) (#99)
by i on Thu Dec 23, 2004 at 01:08:19 PM EST

and I want to subscribe to your RSS feed.

and we have a contradicton according to our assumptions and the factor theorem

hey, that's a neat idea (1.00 / 2) (#103)
by klem on Fri Dec 24, 2004 at 11:00:50 PM EST

NOT! hahahahahaha, i crack myself up

Trust me (none / 0) (#106)
by Onion Blastar on Sun Jan 02, 2005 at 12:32:39 AM EST

you will not want to interview me. You might not like my answers.

[ Support your local anonymous online communities ]
[ Ignore User ]
Your ideas intrigue me... (none / 0) (#107)
by Inoshiro on Tue Jan 04, 2005 at 02:03:37 PM EST

And I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

[ イノシロ ]
whois kuro5hin.org | 107 comments (64 topical, 43 editorial, 0 hidden)