1st Annual K5 Picnic - Labor Day, September 5th, NYC, USA

By Glutamine in Meta
Sun Aug 28, 2005 at 01:30:12 PM EST
Tags: Kuro5hin.org (all tags)
Kuro5hin.org

Who:  All members of this site, their friends, family, boyfriends, girlfriends, and pets

What:  The 1st annual K5 picnic

When:  September 5th, 2005 at 12 noon

Where:  Sheep Meadow, Central Park, New York City, USA

Why:  We're a great fun community with interesting people from all walks of life.  Come chat, enjoy drinks and food, celebrate our Natalee-related accomplishments, and just relax and enjoy the end of summer!

What you may want to bring:

• chairs
  • blankets
  • food for BBQ
  • beer, wine
  • food to share (your favorite recipes)
  • digital camera/video
  • games for kids
  • sunblock
  • a map of the entire park
  • anything else you can think of!

I'll provide:

• tables
  • plates
  • glasses
  • utensils
  • soda/water/tea on ice
  • BBQs

Please check your calendars and RSVP below if you are 1) definitely coming, 2) probably coming, 3) maybe coming, 4) not coming, 5) unsure.

Let's make this happen, I know it'll be a blast!

o Sheep Meadow
o map
o Also by Glutamine

1st Annual K5 Picnic - Labor Day, September 5th, NYC, USA | 97 comments (80 topical, 17 editorial, 0 hidden)
I am definitely coming (2.00 / 5) (#1)
by Glutamine on Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 02:26:04 AM EST

As long as we get a handful of members who are interested, I'll be there!

It should be a fun time, and afterwards those of us who have common interests can check out some sites together.

You should get out more! (1.00 / 4) (#16)
by mr strange on Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 09:00:22 AM EST

...those of us who have common interests can check out some sites together.

Your idea of a get-together with your mates is surfing the Internet? You should get out more!

omniEvents is a high availability messaging service for CORBA.

intrigued by your idea that fascism is feminine - livus

Get out? You mean something like a picnic? [nt] (3.00 / 4) (#24)
by artis on Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 04:59:35 PM EST

Can you know that you are omniscient?
sites != web sites (none / 0) (#76)
by LodeRunner on Mon Aug 29, 2005 at 05:29:01 PM EST

HIBT?

"dude, you can't even spell your own name" -- Lode Runner

Alternative Party (3.00 / 2) (#55)
by A Gordon Pym on Sat Aug 27, 2005 at 07:10:06 PM EST

It just so happens on the same date we are having the 3rd annual K5 party in Tulsa, Oklahoma. We'll meet at Arnie's Bar (the blue dome at 2nd and Elgin downtown) at noon. You'll recognize me as the one-armed guy with no shirt and a novelty kazoo sticking out of my ass.

Eh? (1.20 / 5) (#2)
by mtrisk on Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 02:41:07 AM EST

Huh?

______
"If you don't like our country, why don't you get out?"
"What, and become a victim of your foreign policy?"
I can definitely attend. (2.37 / 8) (#3)
by Sigismund of Luxemburg on Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 02:45:52 AM EST

Although I suggest postponing it by 6 days.
ANONYMISED
I'll bring the anal lube. [nt] (2.35 / 14) (#4)
by Empedocles on Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 03:32:54 AM EST

And I think it's gonna be a long long time
'Till touch down brings me 'round again to find
I'm not the man they think I am at home

why don't you just (2.50 / 4) (#6)
by bankind on Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 04:25:18 AM EST

bring my damn money!

"Insurgents are blowing up pipelines and police stations, geysers of sewage are erupting from the streets, and the electricity is off most of the time -- but we've given Iraq the gift of supply-side economics." -Krugman

I can't attend (2.10 / 10) (#7)
by mr strange on Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 04:36:22 AM EST

Maybe we could have another one somewhere in the free world. ;-)

Are you looking for CORBA training?

intrigued by your idea that fascism is feminine - livus

Sounds great (2.33 / 3) (#11)
by Have A Nice Day on Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 05:39:14 AM EST

Shame I'll be on the other side of the atlantic really. I guess there's probably enough of us for a London equivalent but would we want to?

--------------
Have A Nice Day may have reentered the building.
Quite (2.75 / 4) (#21)
by stuaart on Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 12:38:35 PM EST

The prospect of meeting some of the weirdos on this site in person sends shivers down my spine.

There's a simple test to determine if you should go to a k5 meetup:

If your penis goes hard when you think of it, you should probably attend. If you get shivers and start having panic attacks, then you probably shouldn't.

I'd estimate that for about 30% of kurons, the former is the most likely response.

Linkwhore: [Hidden stories.] Baldrtainment: Corporate concubines and Baldrson: An Introspective

I can see the future. (1.50 / 8) (#34)
by mr strange on Fri Aug 26, 2005 at 12:14:57 PM EST

Glutamine is the latest reincarnation of some perennial k5 troll. Notice that he suggests we bring food and turn up at some public spot, expecting him to have provided tables, barbeques etc.

I expect that he plans to provide none of these things, and instead hide in the bushes with a camera, hoping to snap photos of hapless newbies wandering around with bags full of sausages.

Since London is thousands of miles from this idiocy, I'd be happy to have a get-together. Though, this being England, the correct venue would be a pub.

Are you looking for CORBA training?

intrigued by your idea that fascism is feminine - livus

Are there other venues? (none / 1) (#48)
by Have A Nice Day on Sat Aug 27, 2005 at 10:53:00 AM EST

Well indeed, after the ernd of august there's little point in trying to do much outdoors anyway!

Unless you're into hiking I guess...

The idea of a K5 night out in London is quite fun. Maybe we should have one sometime in the dead of winter when there's little else to do. Someone remind me to suggest it in a few months.

--------------
Have A Nice Day may have reentered the building.
Its an intriguing idea (3.00 / 2) (#50)
by The Diary Section on Sat Aug 27, 2005 at 12:24:52 PM EST

but I'm 50:50 on whether certain people would show up and beat the living crap out of me.
I might stand in the corner with a bodyguard and used advanced surveillance equipment instead.

We have not journeyed across the centuries, across the oceans, across the mountains, across the prairies, because we are made of sugar candy.

If someone was to suggest such a thing... (none / 1) (#53)
by oneiromancer on Sat Aug 27, 2005 at 04:46:38 PM EST

It'd be a good idea to make it coincide with a decent club night. There's enough around in London to make this a pretty easy proposition, after all. I'd say Slimelight, but I don't know if many other K5ers are into that sort of thing. Nevertheless, it'd give me another excuse to hit London, so there'd be a pretty significant chance of me being there.

Lucky you.

'You are a heartless bastard.......' -- K5 hate mail
Are most UK K5ers goths? (2.00 / 2) (#56)
by Have A Nice Day on Sat Aug 27, 2005 at 07:37:20 PM EST

I used to be a member of said slimelight. Went downhill IMHO. Unless you're into German Hardcore that is - I'd rather some honest to goodness goth with some cyber thrown in. Much more into "Synthetic Culture" now, that is a fun night.

This is sounding more and more like plan actually....

--------------
Have A Nice Day may have reentered the building.
All the k5ers *I* know are goths... (1.16 / 6) (#58)
by mr strange on Sat Aug 27, 2005 at 07:52:34 PM EST

But then, pretty much everyone I know is a goth, or some other flavour of weirdo or misfit.

Are you looking for CORBA training?

intrigued by your idea that fascism is feminine - livus

Wow, you only know (none / 0) (#73)
by Egil Skallagrimson on Mon Aug 29, 2005 at 10:44:57 AM EST

INTERESTING people. You must be a very INTERESTING person.

----------------

Enterobacteria phage T2 is a virulent bacteriophage of the T4-like viruses genus, in the family Myoviridae. It infects E. coli and is the best known of the T-even phages. Its virion contains linear double-stranded DNA, terminally redundant and circularly permuted.

But that's easy to arrange. (none / 0) (#59)
by squigly on Sun Aug 28, 2005 at 05:37:53 AM EST

Just post a diary a couple of day before saying you're going to synthetic culture, and to look for the guy with black hair wearing black.  Well, okay - you'd need a better way to identify people but a casual meeetup like this should be easy enough to sort out.

People can go along anyway and have a cool club night even if they don't manage to meet up.

I see... (none / 0) (#60)
by oneiromancer on Sun Aug 28, 2005 at 06:33:25 AM EST

I'm most partial to tradgoth and 80s, and I've heard Slimelight's worth checking out. I'm based up north, so my opportunities to check out the London scene have been sadly limited.

So.. agreed, this sounds like it could be a plan, especially if there's a heavy goth contingent.

'You are a heartless bastard.......' -- K5 hate mail
slimelight != tradgoth/80s (none / 0) (#61)
by Have A Nice Day on Sun Aug 28, 2005 at 07:57:03 AM EST

At least not unless in the last couple of years its changed back to the way it was in 96/97/98. I doubt it though, It's all bands with names I can't pronounce and DJs that laugh at you for requesting "normal" goth music. Bastards....

--------------
Have A Nice Day may have reentered the building.
Ah, checked the website... (none / 0) (#62)
by oneiromancer on Sun Aug 28, 2005 at 08:29:02 AM EST

I'd heard about them doing a 3-floor thing, each playing different music. One was trad, one industrial, and the other was bleepy shit. I then found out that it was a one-off. Aah well... as I'd never heard of 90% of the other stuff they mentioned, I'll have to agree with you about the place.

I suppose there's always the Electric Ballroom's nights? I'm not too familiar with London's scene, being from up north, so any recommendations appreciated. ;)

'You are a heartless bastard.......' -- K5 hate mail
Electric Ballroom's gone. (none / 1) (#65)
by mr strange on Sun Aug 28, 2005 at 11:19:00 AM EST

It was pretty shit anyway. But there's Synthetic Culture, and that's great. They have food! And a quiet place outside to eat it.

Are you looking for CORBA training?

intrigued by your idea that fascism is feminine - livus

Okay, food's tempting... (none / 0) (#70)
by oneiromancer on Sun Aug 28, 2005 at 01:06:30 PM EST

And it also means that any of us from up north probably won't be too hungover to hit Camden the day after before the train back. If someone suggests this over the winter months, I'm rather worried by the fact I'd probably end up going. I mean, I knew my grip on sanity was tenuous, but *that* tenuous?

'You are a heartless bastard.......' -- K5 hate mail
Nope (none / 0) (#77)
by Have A Nice Day on Mon Aug 29, 2005 at 06:15:41 PM EST

Electric ballroom's still there, I went there last night in fact. The mission were there doing a signing and the music was fairly trad goth.

--------------
Have A Nice Day may have reentered the building.
I stand corrected [nt] (none / 1) (#80)
by mr strange on Tue Aug 30, 2005 at 06:21:44 AM EST

intrigued by your idea that fascism is feminine - livus
You were partly correct (none / 0) (#81)
by Have A Nice Day on Tue Aug 30, 2005 at 06:26:49 AM EST

It always was a pretty shit night because the place gets so crowded and just isn't as fun as other clubs for some reason. I think Sunday night was an exception, basically a Mission single launch event, so the music was a touch better than usual.

--------------
Have A Nice Day may have reentered the building.
In a way, yes (none / 1) (#86)
by HollyHopDrive on Thu Sep 01, 2005 at 10:09:51 AM EST

but in a way, I prefer it this way.

I have to say I'm not into the Goth scene at all, and from what I gather, those of you who are (you, mr strange and others) already know each other anyway....

I make too much sense to be on the Internet.

Hiya Holly (none / 1) (#91)
by Have A Nice Day on Mon Sep 05, 2005 at 07:07:02 AM EST

Either we don't know each other or we don't know we know each other - I certainly don't go by the name of "Have A Nice Day" in Goth circles. I have several other names...

I've always been intrigued about the possibility of a k5 london meet up because most the K5 Londoners seem to be fairly reasonable people. Maybe when my life stops being a hectic social whirl (which is less fun than it sounds) I'll put up a "I'm gonna be here anyway, it would be cool if you lot turned up" type diary.

I'd actually quite like to meet you, but not for the freakish stalking reasons you seem to get a lot of attention for around here.....

--------------
Have A Nice Day may have reentered the building.
It's not that I'm not tempted (none / 0) (#94)
by HollyHopDrive on Thu Sep 08, 2005 at 10:45:26 AM EST

as you, mr strange and the others all seem very cool indeed. To be honest, I don't think I'd live up to whatever expectations anyone would have.

I make too much sense to be on the Internet.

Strange (2.85 / 14) (#12)
by elver on Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 05:48:06 AM EST

You have posted 13 comments and 6 diares and you're already throwing a party for all the people on k5?

Something tells me this is not going to work...

Throw in free drugs, a goat, and some lube -- then this k5 get-together might have a chance.

This is my 105th account (2.50 / 8) (#25)
by Glutamine on Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 06:24:05 PM EST

The janitors here wouldn't know quality if it fucked them in the ass and came in their eye.

But still... (none / 1) (#36)
by MrHanky on Fri Aug 26, 2005 at 01:08:51 PM EST

You should try

"This was great, because it was a bunch of mature players who were able to express themselves and talk politics." Lettuce B-Free, on being a total fucking moron for Ron Paul.
Hell, he could keep the lube! (none / 0) (#69)
by oneiromancer on Sun Aug 28, 2005 at 01:00:43 PM EST

... and the drugs, come to that ...

'You are a heartless bastard.......' -- K5 hate mail
i'll probably be jogging same place same time (2.60 / 15) (#13)
by circletimessquare on Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 05:52:25 AM EST

i'll be sure to stop and take a piss on your food

The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.

It's true ... life *does* imitate art n/t (3.00 / 17) (#15)
by Benny Cemoli on Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 08:29:48 AM EST

"the fabric of space quivers at the touch of even a microbe."

Inspired. (none / 1) (#72)
by forgotten on Sun Aug 28, 2005 at 09:11:49 PM EST

nt

actually, this is a ruse (2.75 / 4) (#14)
by minerboy on Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 07:38:31 AM EST

the feds want to find out who certain kurons are, so they can survail them. but you would've thought that they could come up with free beer at least

They might even... (none / 0) (#35)
by BJH on Fri Aug 26, 2005 at 12:49:28 PM EST

...want to surveil them at the same time.
Roses are red, violets are blue.
I'm schizophrenic, and so am I.
-- Oscar Levant

The Feds already know who you all are. (none / 0) (#95)
by killmepleez on Thu Sep 08, 2005 at 04:56:51 PM EST

I told them.

__
"I instantly realized that everything in my life that I thought was unfixable was totally fixable - except for having just jumped."
--from "J
You're making a big mistake (2.72 / 11) (#17)
by livus on Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 09:32:57 AM EST

there are actually no longer any live sheep in this Sheep Meadow. In fact, there haven't been any since 1934.

So the location is not of interest to Kurons after all.

HIREZ substitute.
be concrete asshole, or shut up. - CTS
I guess I skipped school or something to drink on the internet? - lonelyhobo
I consider myself trolled more or less just by visiting the site. HollyHopDrive

I'll bring the shotgun (1.44 / 9) (#18)
by So Very Tired on Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 10:41:48 AM EST

You put it in your mouth and pull the trigger, big E.

Plz post pics + videos kthx (2.25 / 8) (#23)
by Pooping in Urinals on Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 03:37:50 PM EST

"...[T]he first midget amputee getting bukkaked by 20 japanese buddhist monks and I bet your gonna say 'well thats what the miscellaneous column is for.'" -- army of phred

thanks for giving me 10 days notice (2.83 / 6) (#27)
by ccdotnet on Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 07:25:27 PM EST

....... to travel 10,352 miles :-)

and here (none / 0) (#52)
by /dev/trash on Sat Aug 27, 2005 at 03:43:34 PM EST

I tyhought only USians were inflexible.

Updated 02/20/2004
New Site
Husi is around the corner. (none / 0) (#28)
by V on Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 08:41:46 PM EST

nt
What my fans are saying:
"That, and the fact that V is a total, utter scumbag." VZAMaZ.
"well look up little troll" cts.
"I think you're a worthless little cuntmonkey but you made me lol, so I sigged you." re
"goodness gracious you're an idiot" mariahkillschickens
I will not be there. (2.81 / 11) (#29)
by your_desired_username on Thu Aug 25, 2005 at 10:51:31 PM EST

However I will send a sock puppet account in my place. Please be gentle with him.

notice, notice, notice! (2.75 / 4) (#33)
by aphrael on Fri Aug 26, 2005 at 12:11:04 PM EST

When HusiStock happened I had ten months worth of notice. For this, you're giving me less than a week? :)

I will not be there. Flying to new york on no notice is expensive.

See, the thing about that is (3.00 / 5) (#67)
by I Did It All For The Noogie on Sun Aug 28, 2005 at 11:45:24 AM EST

no one wants you to go

I have discovered a truly elegant proof of the Generalized Colour Theorem, but alas, there are not enough bytes in the sig to write it.

I thought you were leaving $ (none / 0) (#78)
by zrail on Mon Aug 29, 2005 at 06:27:21 PM EST

+1 FP Labor Day, will try to bring g/f and sisters (3.00 / 3) (#42)
by pokeher on Sat Aug 27, 2005 at 01:06:53 AM EST

We're about 2 hours outside of New York City and were looking for something to do on Labor Day.

I'll check with the girlfriend and if everything's OK I'll probably invite my sisters and possibly another friend or two just to catch some sun, have beers, and throw a Frisbee or two.

remember to bring a sister for me! (1.50 / 1) (#43)
by nostalgiphile on Sat Aug 27, 2005 at 01:11:18 AM EST

And some beer.

"Depending on your perspective you are an optimist or a pessimist[,] and a hopeless one too." --trhurler
My sisters are fun chicks (3.00 / 3) (#44)
by pokeher on Sat Aug 27, 2005 at 01:23:59 AM EST

But they're not stupid hoebags

Also bring your own fuckin beer, if I show up with a cooler and no one else has alcohol but everyone starts drinkin my shit I'll start charging :)

Anyway about the sisters if you're a decent nice guy I'm sure you'll get along

They're not shy or ugly or anything but do tend to date hipster homo kinda guys so I'm sure K5ers will be into em

Gross! (1.50 / 2) (#71)
by Harvey Anderson on Sun Aug 28, 2005 at 02:59:43 PM EST

After hours of vacillating, I finally voted +1FP (none / 0) (#45)
by your_desired_username on Sat Aug 27, 2005 at 01:30:12 AM EST

because I'm pretty sure it's a copy paste of an article that appeared here in early 2000 or something.

No way. I have a life. (2.71 / 7) (#46)
by BottleRocket on Sat Aug 27, 2005 at 01:36:32 AM EST

BWAHAHAHAAAA, jk. I have no life.

Yeah, I'll go. For once I'll be able to laugh at all your shortcomings in person.

$ . . . . . $ . . . . . $ . . . . . $
. ₩ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . * . . . . . * . . . . . * . . . . . * . . . . . *
$ . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $
Yes I do download [child pornography], but I don't keep it any longer than I need to, so it can yield insight as to how to find more. --MDC
$ . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $
. . . . * . . . . . * . . . . . * . . . . . * . . . . . *
. ₩ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
$ . . . . . $ . . . . . $ . . . . . $
$B R Σ III$

The lady in the lake (2.75 / 8) (#47)
by caine on Sat Aug 27, 2005 at 09:32:00 AM EST

Uhm. I think this is

a) Suicidal
b) Stupid
c) Kinda cute in a naive sort of way
d) A possible trap to gather rape victims
e) Very far away from me

However, since perhaps there are some people who're interested and it is kind of a nice initiative I'll give you a +1.

If I lived on that coast I'd go(n/t) (none / 0) (#64)
by edmo on Sun Aug 28, 2005 at 10:25:42 AM EST

Did you give the money or not? $ (none / 1) (#51)
by Fen on Sat Aug 27, 2005 at 01:05:01 PM EST

--Self.
Would go... (none / 0) (#54)
by Murkey on Sat Aug 27, 2005 at 04:53:53 PM EST

But being across the Atlantic doesn't help.

-1, already have plans (2.72 / 25) (#57)
by buck on Sat Aug 27, 2005 at 07:44:01 PM EST

However, if you can move it to the 11th, a few friends of mine from Saudi Arabia and I can fly in.
-----
“You, on the other hand, just spew forth your mental phlegmwads all over the place and don't have the goddamned courtesy to throw us a tissue afterwards.” -- kitten
Ok (3.00 / 8) (#66)
by blackpaw on Sun Aug 28, 2005 at 11:39:30 AM EST

Just so long as you're not from Irag - that way we'll know you're not terrorists

ps Rams will be NFC West champs (none / 0) (#96)
by killmepleez on Thu Sep 08, 2005 at 05:13:41 PM EST

or at least grab a wild card slot.

i'm not sure what you're smoking -- maybe some of that wacky baccy they're throwing out from the Cardinals bandwagon....?

__
--from "J
Er, it's a fun idea, but... (3.00 / 2) (#63)
by skyknight on Sun Aug 28, 2005 at 10:20:44 AM EST

given that K5'ers are spread all over the damn place, don't you think that such an event requires more than a week's notice?

It's not much fun at the top. I envy the common people, their hearty meals and Bruce Springsteen and voting. --SIGNOR SPAGHETTI
I'm definitely going (2.00 / 3) (#68)
by I Did It All For The Noogie on Sun Aug 28, 2005 at 11:45:40 AM EST

lol

There's no way (3.00 / 4) (#74)
by frijolito on Mon Aug 29, 2005 at 12:01:29 PM EST

..I'm standing in line for 4 hours since 5.30 am just to get the chance to grovel before a pasty white customs officer and beg her to renew my gringo tourist visa.

Not again.

I'll come (1.33 / 3) (#75)
by kbudha on Mon Aug 29, 2005 at 05:17:13 PM EST

but only if certain asswipes who frequent this site show up wearing white T-shirts with big red bullseyes.

Looks like I'll be there (3.00 / 8) (#79)
by billt on Mon Aug 29, 2005 at 08:45:52 PM EST

I'll be wearing raggy clothes and will probably by drinking out of a paper bag.

Say hello if you see me. If I don't recognize you at first or if I look confused, just be persistent as my eyesight's not so good.

it'll be just like fire island (3.00 / 2) (#82)
by Friedrich Dionysus on Tue Aug 30, 2005 at 11:20:24 AM EST

i live 25 miles from there (none / 0) (#83)
by alevin on Tue Aug 30, 2005 at 07:50:29 PM EST

and i still wouldnt go. so what of the rest of the k5 readership? who wants a picnic anyway? lame. but shouts to all manhattan pplz.
alevin
FUCK NO. (2.66 / 9) (#84)
by ICreatedThisAccountJustToSay on Wed Aug 31, 2005 at 04:04:16 PM EST

So, k5     Did you say k5 picnic?
picnic?    Because I'm throwing up now.

O
 /|\_      O.
| |        #\\
 / \       #/|
|   |      #||

O
 /|\     Yes, now that I think about it,
 \|        that is a very good point.
 / \
|   |
________________
This account has been used up. You may now delete this account.

the only viable option (3.00 / 3) (#85)
by insomnyuk on Wed Aug 31, 2005 at 05:48:34 PM EST

for any sort of K5 meetup is one at an expensive bar or club with the following 'amenities':

a) security - including pat downs at the door to check for weapons.

b) ID check at the door - to keep the majority of K5's less mentally capable citizens away, at least the ones that are under 21.

c) minimum five dollar cover charge at the door to keep the public library web access wankers and various other sorts of internet vagrants out.

As much as I love cheap alcohol and abhor expensive purveyors of such, I think this is the only remotely practical way that I would ever risk having to see any of you in person.  Outside of full background checks and letters of recommendation.

"There is only one honest impulse at the bottom of Puritanism, and that is the impulse to punish the man with a superior capacity for happiness." - H.L. Mencken

It has always offended me (none / 0) (#87)
by topynate on Fri Sep 02, 2005 at 12:05:10 PM EST

that despite having the string 'uk' in your name, you are American.

What really gets my goat however is when you practically force this fact down my throat, in this case with your

• views of those dependent on some form of state service
  • discrimination against 18-20 year old alcohol consumers
  • paranoid security views.
I just thought you should know that.

"...identifying authors with their works is a feckless game. Simply to go by their books, Agatha Christie is a mass murderess, while William Buckley is a practicing Christian." --Gore Vidal
lol no (none / 1) (#88)
by insomnyuk on Fri Sep 02, 2005 at 12:36:22 PM EST

• many people dependent on state service don't need it and abuse it. boo hoo.
  • when it comes to 18-20 yr old alcohol consumers i'm really much more of an enabler, and as I am also a Canadian citizen in addition to an American one, you can fuck right off.

Sorry, I cannot make it (none / 0) (#89)
by Orion Blastar Again on Sat Sep 03, 2005 at 02:14:34 PM EST

I cannot afford a ticket to get there and gas is way too high. Besides I have to stay home and rest anyway. I've been out of work since 2002, and I have dozens of illnesses, including a new one involving my heart.

I set my K5 trolling on a low setting, as that is all my heart can take.

Don't worry, I didn't make it to Husistock either. Not that anyone wants me at Husistock or the K5 picnic, yet I might have gone had my situation been different.

Learn how to be a liberal.
I can't believe it's not Liberalism!
"Thanks for the pointers on using the internet. You're links to uncylopedia have turned my life around." -zenador

MORTAL KOMBAT (none / 1) (#90)
by BlahFace on Sun Sep 04, 2005 at 11:59:25 PM EST

so.... (none / 0) (#92)
by benna on Mon Sep 05, 2005 at 07:49:55 PM EST

Did anyone show up?
"It is not how things are in the world that is mystical, but that it exists." -Ludwig Wittgenstein
Yeah, enquiring minds want to know! (none / 0) (#93)
by Have A Nice Day on Tue Sep 06, 2005 at 08:18:21 AM EST

Did CTS stop by and piss on the food as promised?

--------------
Have A Nice Day may have reentered the building.
Guess not (none / 0) (#97)
by zenador on Tue Sep 13, 2005 at 03:30:39 AM EST