FOR YOUR INFORMATION: A GUIDE TO ANONYMIZATION

By i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself in Meta
Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 04:50:52 PM EST
Tags: k5 is dying, do it yourself, fucking klerck yourself already, i cant believe its not horsecock, K5 How To (all tags)

Seems like some folks just keep doing it wrong.  Don't worry kiddies, uncle IWMLWESIWCI is here to help.

Come with me, and I'll walk you through a simple step-by-step guide of how to get yourself anonymized.

We'll first cover the automatic, Scoop-enforced methods of self-anonymization:

1. Comment Throttle

2. The comment throttle is a feature that prevents you and I from spam-bombing threads.  Simply put, it restricts the number of times you can comment in a given time period.  I'm not a perlfaggot so I can't tell you how long the time period is, but I do know the threshold: six comments will trigger the throttle, and another six comments will trigger the auto-anonymization.  A quick twelve comments is pretty much guaranteed to anonymize your account.

I have been using this technique to deprecate accounts for at least a year.

3. Diary Throttle

4. Much like the comment throttle, the diary throttle will anonymize your account if you post too many diaries.  I have not personally used this technique, but others (NIWS) have.  Use your own ingenuity to figure out the thresholds.

5. Modsub Throttle?

6. The existence of this throttle is purely hypothetical at this point, but I have to assume that one exists.  Research on this subject has not yet been undertaken.  If you do find the thresholds for this throttle, please join #kuro5hin.org on slashnet.org IRC and let us know.

Next we shall cover the tried and true methods of antagonizing rusty and/or the admin team and getting them to manually anonymize you.  These methods are NOT guaranteed to provoke actual anonymization.  Indeed, these methods may provoke account deletion, disabling of an account (distinct from anonymization), or possibly even the elusive and much-sought-after IP ban.  This list is not comprehensive and is in no particular order:

1. Abuse Report Abuse

2. This is probably the only feature on kuro5hin that Rusty actually gives a shit about.  Think of it as your own personal little red phone right to raising Rusty's blood pressure.  Go on, file a report -- hell, file two!  He'll read it.  He might even laugh.  But you'll probably get canned.

3. Dupe voting (aka the queuebomb, aka the dupe horde, aka the nullocaust)

4. Go on, click here.  Make two new accounts a day.  Hell, proxy up and make dozens, why not?  Then trot over to the queue and vote vote vote!  So simple that even morons can do it.  What with the queue FP/dump thresholds being so low, a single afternoon's work could put any number of hideous things on the FP.  Careful, though.  This will get not only your dupe horde canned, but any non-voting accounts nuked as well.

5. Page Widening

6. A favourite of our velour-wearing pale chess-piece friend, the page widen is right in the sweet spot of high annoyance factor to low investment of effort.  Scoop has a few tricks up its sleeve to try and prevent widening, but they are easily overcome.  Do your own research, and have fun!

7. Shock Sites

8. The only guaranteed anonymization vector in this category is the fabled and infamous Rustina.  Don't expect your mom's goatse redirect trick or tubgirl to get you canned.  Nobody cares about that shit any more.

9. Ratings Abuse

10. Zero bombing people will NOT, I repeat, WILL NOT get you anonymized.  This statement is borne out by repeated and exhaustive research.  It will provoke loud and anxious bleatings of dismay from whiny-crybaby kuroshits, but honestly, who cares?

11. Your Contribution Here

12. This is your time, kuro5hin!  Show us what "collaborative media" means to you!  Even the most pathetic kuroshit can add to this list -- just play in the sandbox and figure out what works.  Report back, add a comment, or write your own guide.

THIS IS A POLL
o HERE 38%
o ARE 33%
o SOME 85%
o ANSWERS 33%

o Scoop
o Kuro5hin
o slashnet.o rg IRC
o rusty
o admin team
o here
o queue
o morons
o sandbox
o Also by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself

FOR YOUR INFORMATION: A GUIDE TO ANONYMIZATION | 129 comments (107 topical, 22 editorial, 0 hidden)
THIS WILL REMAIN IN EDIT FOR TWENTY FOUR HOURS (2.57 / 7) (#1)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 12:43:49 PM EST

UNLESS MTV/VTD FAGGOTS HAVE THEIR SWEATY-PALMED WAY WITH IT

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
WE'LL DO OUR BEST (2.66 / 9) (#10)
by insomnyuk on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 02:16:05 PM EST

"There is only one honest impulse at the bottom of Puritanism, and that is the impulse to punish the man with a superior capacity for happiness." - H.L. Mencken
Nicely Done (3.00 / 2) (#83)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 01:08:58 PM EST

I had planned some edits but never had a chance to make them.  Ah, well.

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
Writing A Script That Monitors K5 (2.40 / 5) (#2)
by Lately Im identifying with the Jews and all the ho on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 12:46:24 PM EST

Say /modsub every few minutes will get you anonymized.

hmm, the scripting topic is one I was (2.25 / 4) (#4)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 12:49:15 PM EST

hesitant to broach.  but you're right.  there are definitely sensitive URLs that are throttled as well.

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
proof of ratings abuse pointlessness (2.40 / 5) (#3)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 12:48:29 PM EST

look at the crybaby kuroshits:

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty

You referenced the wrong post you cowqueef.. (2.25 / 4) (#24)
by undermyne on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 03:38:54 PM EST

the one to Egil today was not a complaint, rather a challenge. You should have linked to my complaining about you and your CTS fan-boi club bombing me a couple weeks back.

"SEALED MASTICATION MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT? " thekubrix
what can I say, I've got a short attention span (2.00 / 3) (#26)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 03:40:50 PM EST

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
it has long been the position of the admins (none / 0) (#121)
by aphrael on Mon Jun 25, 2007 at 06:57:46 PM EST

that people crying about ratings abuse are more annoying than the 'abuse' about which they cry.

Most excellent (2.57 / 7) (#7)
by Repost To Diary If It Gets Dumped on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 02:02:34 PM EST

Do it!

do what, exactly? (2.40 / 5) (#8)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 02:03:24 PM EST

if you're encouraging me to anonymize myself, been there done that, on pretty much all of these except rustina

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
Perhaps I meant it as a point for readers (2.57 / 7) (#32)
by Repost To Diary If It Gets Dumped on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 04:15:52 PM EST

or perhaps I mean it for the author, regarding my username.

I FIND THIS AMBIGUITY DELICIOUS (2.57 / 7) (#37)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 05:39:30 PM EST

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
correction (2.44 / 9) (#9)
by circletimessquare on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 02:15:56 PM EST

i am a moron, yes, as your link indicates

however, i have never, and will never have a dupe account

i have only one account, i had only one account, and i will always have just one account

you can accuse me of being trollish and asocial in many different ways, and i will probably accept most of those accusations

however, dupe accounts, sorry dude, just not my style

The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.

Tell Me What I Can Do To Secure Your Vote (2.50 / 6) (#11)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 02:26:52 PM EST

would making the 'moron' link point to Orion Blastar end your grievance?

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
make it point to jxg and you have my +1 fp (2.50 / 8) (#12)
by circletimessquare on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 02:28:49 PM EST

The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.

oh the humanity... (2.40 / 5) (#16)
by undermyne on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 03:14:10 PM EST

I actually agree with something you said.

"SEALED MASTICATION MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT? " thekubrix
yeah, jxg is a modbombing asshole nt (2.25 / 4) (#21)
by circletimessquare on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 03:27:28 PM EST

The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.

please to be reading (2.25 / 4) (#23)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 03:33:38 PM EST

second list, point #5

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty

yes, that's true (2.25 / 4) (#25)
by circletimessquare on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 03:39:28 PM EST

but much like the difference between morality and legality, there is overlap but not agreement. modbombing might not get you anonymized, but it certainly makes you an asshole

The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.

I mainly was referring to the 'whiny crybaby' bit (2.40 / 5) (#38)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 05:40:00 PM EST

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
that's me! 8-=) nt (2.50 / 6) (#46)
by circletimessquare on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 07:53:01 PM EST

The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.

self-knowledge is a wonderful thing (3.00 / 2) (#86)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 01:15:36 PM EST

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
Consider It Done (2.25 / 4) (#17)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 03:23:10 PM EST

Done (2.50 / 6) (#20)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 03:27:18 PM EST

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
that makes you (none / 0) (#120)
by aphrael on Mon Jun 25, 2007 at 06:57:07 PM EST

the only person at k5 who can say that.

I like these How2K5 posts. (2.25 / 8) (#27)
by Cyberghost on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 04:01:04 PM EST

If You Would Like, I Could Add 'K5 How To' (2.00 / 5) (#30)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 04:08:36 PM EST

To the List of Tags

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
that would be (2.16 / 6) (#33)
by Cyberghost on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 04:24:52 PM EST

awesome.

Done. (1.75 / 4) (#36)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 05:38:43 PM EST

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
Mr. Lawn mower man gets an FP (2.14 / 7) (#29)
by rusty nail head on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 04:04:08 PM EST

Did Egil not go over the limit yesterday?
Why is he still here?

I Appreciate Your Optimism (1.50 / 4) (#31)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 04:09:05 PM EST

However a FP is not necessarily a safe bet

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
It never is (2.16 / 6) (#35)
by rusty nail head on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 04:37:02 PM EST

But maybe rusty will see that favoritism ended in high school.
I still don't understand why he has not given Egil the boot long ago.

Actually, I'm Expecting (2.00 / 6) (#40)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 05:41:29 PM EST

the aussie-controlled fictiophile dupe horde to can this as soon as it goes to vote.

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
ah, tetsuwan, right on schedule (1.75 / 4) (#42)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 06:30:19 PM EST

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
Very pleased to discourage (1) you sir (2.40 / 5) (#47)
by tetsuwan on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 08:29:46 PM EST

I won't be voting on the story though, it'll be gone by the time I wake up.

Njal's Saga: Just like Romeo & Juliet without the romance

You Sound Very Confident (3.00 / 3) (#85)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 01:15:11 PM EST

Perhaps you have inside dupe-horde knowledge you'd like to share?

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
you can't fight the funk (3.00 / 7) (#73)
by Sir Digby Cream of Sum Yung Gai on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 12:42:25 PM EST

the terryfunk, that is.

I Am Tempted to Believe You (3.00 / 1) (#87)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 01:16:10 PM EST

But I like proof, best.  Do you have a dupe list?

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
s/aussie/ mexican (none / 1) (#113)
by livus on Thu Jun 21, 2007 at 09:42:07 PM EST

and this story wasn't their thing.

HIREZ substitute.
be concrete asshole, or shut up. - CTS
I guess I skipped school or something to drink on the internet? - lonelyhobo
I consider myself trolled more or less just by visiting the site. HollyHopDrive

I guess mainly because he's entertaining. (2.00 / 5) (#41)
by Wen Jian on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 06:23:56 PM EST

In a Plato kind of way.
It was an experiment in lulz. - Rusty
Really (2.50 / 6) (#43)
by rusty nail head on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 06:50:33 PM EST

I always thought Plato was an intelligent sort of guy.
Guess I was wrong.

ZOMG YHBT BY PLATO (2.40 / 5) (#44)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 06:53:36 PM EST

PWNT

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
Not really that smart: (2.25 / 4) (#52)
by Wen Jian on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 04:48:25 AM EST

Got himself killed by irritating half of Athens to death, by being right too much.

Hardly a comedy genius, though.
It was an experiment in lulz. - Rusty

THAT WAS SOCRATES, YOU STUPID FAGGOT {NT} (2.57 / 7) (#53)
by sausalito on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 06:33:57 AM EST

_____________

GBH - "The whole point is that the App Store acts as a firewall between busy soccer moms and goatse links"

Oh, sorry (2.40 / 5) (#54)
by Wen Jian on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 06:41:32 AM EST

Plato was the guy who spent his life pretending that everything he thought came from Socrates. I'm reading The Republic, where Plato wrote it but Socrates narrates(??). Got confused.

Neither of them loved horsecock as much as you though.
It was an experiment in lulz. - Rusty

fuckin lul (3.00 / 3) (#58)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 11:43:36 AM EST

lul, I say.

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
perhaps I didn't make it clear (2.25 / 4) (#45)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 07:04:25 PM EST

tof's comment seems to suggest I need to update the throttle sections.  Will proceed.

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
First class companion piece (2.66 / 9) (#50)
by GrandWazoo on Tue Jun 19, 2007 at 11:34:41 PM EST

if mine doesn't dump.

definetely FP

Thank You For Your Support (2.57 / 7) (#62)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 11:46:24 AM EST

I voted +1FP enthusiastically for yours, as well.

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
So, Mr. Iwmlwesiwci (2.66 / 9) (#55)
by ksandstr on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 07:05:44 AM EST

You're polish, then?

Fin.
Could be (2.50 / 6) (#61)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 11:45:31 AM EST

as far as I know I'm 50% czech and 50% dutch.

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
For the love of DOG (2.50 / 6) (#56)
by Louis Winthorpe III on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 09:40:41 AM EST

just change Egil's password already.  But thanks for the 0bomb hint.

"Two tickets to...'La BO-heem,'"
"La Boheme, it's an opera."

Egil is Doing Wonders For K5's Troll Community (2.62 / 8) (#63)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 11:46:50 AM EST

by exposing Rusty et al's fundamental hypocrisy

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
(3) fundament $ (2.40 / 5) (#84)
by LilDebbie on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 01:12:07 PM EST

My name is LilDebbie and I have a garden.
- hugin -

RUSTY IS NOT A HYPOCRITE (3.00 / 5) (#91)
by sausalito on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 01:53:15 PM EST

hy·poc·ri·sy      hɪˈpɒkrəsi
-noun, plural -sies.
   1. The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.
   2. An act or instance of such falseness.

Rusty is not fake or deceitful: simply, he has given up on the site. He's milking the ad revenues till they last and does absolutely nothing (except occasionally disrespecting/trolling the users). Everybody has understood this. And to his credit he never argued otherwise.
_____________

So if everyone uses adblock... (none / 0) (#114)
by Pentashagon on Thu Jun 21, 2007 at 11:53:37 PM EST

...everyone gets anonymized?

Maybe the trolls need to generate a lot of clickfraud instead?

So why did I die? (3.00 / 1) (#112)
by neozeed on Thu Jun 21, 2007 at 06:58:00 PM EST

no answer, no explination, just death.

-----------------------
Unless you're alive you can't play. And if you don't play, you don't get to be alive.

This article is very thought provoking. From (2.50 / 6) (#66)
by MajorMentallist on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 12:13:16 PM EST

what I have been observing here, it really doesn't matter what you do, as some appear to be trying very hard to be anonymized and fail it. Maybe just hitting the big red X in the corner, can get you out of K5? Regardless, this article is another well done troll and deserves a place on K5's mantel.

That Won't Work (2.70 / 10) (#68)
by Lately Im identifying with the Jews and all the ho on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 12:15:39 PM EST

Some of us use Macs.

<batman theme> (2.45 / 11) (#70)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 12:18:39 PM EST

NANANANANANANANANANANANA

MACFAG!

NANANANANANANANANANANANA

MACFAG!

NANANANANANANANANANANANA

MACFAG! (zoom!) MACFAG! (zap!) MACFAG!
</batman theme>

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty

How about shotgun mouthwash then? (2.62 / 8) (#71)
by MajorMentallist on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 12:23:24 PM EST

This seems to be a common cure suggested on K5 for various ailments. Of course in suggesting this cure, it must be assumed that the knowledge to unplug the computer from electricity does not exist.

I FIND YOUR SGMW TROLL WORDY AND INEFFECTIVE (2.57 / 7) (#72)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 12:27:50 PM EST

PLZ TO BE RENTING A CLUE BEFORE TRYING AGAIN

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
I Think I May Have Covered This Point (2.62 / 8) (#69)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 12:17:08 PM EST

The first two techniques are guaranteed to disable an account.  The second list require manual intervention by at least one admin.  You can do everything on the second list without getting anonymized, provided nobody is paying attention or nobody gives a shit.

I assume that we're in 'nobody gives a shit' territory at the moment.

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty

people trying to be anonymized (none / 0) (#119)
by aphrael on Mon Jun 25, 2007 at 06:56:26 PM EST

are engaged in trolling the admins. anonymizing them would  encourage that behavior; it's better to ignore them.

what the FUCK? (none / 0) (#122)
by i wish i were an oscar meyer weiner on Mon Jun 25, 2007 at 07:32:16 PM EST

aphrael, I WANT YOU TO ANONYMIZE ME.

now for my encore I will crapflood every diary and every story ever written, and you CAN'T ANONYMIZE ME CUZ I WANT YOU TOO NYAH NYAH

what a bullshit attitude

so the question is (none / 0) (#123)
by aphrael on Mon Jun 25, 2007 at 07:39:39 PM EST

to what degree are you just trying to get anonymized and not actually annoying other users?

i would not say that the fact that you are trying means that nothing should ever be done; it's that the fact that you are trying is not per se sufficient ... and, in any event, rewarding you isn't going to help.

hence the point about abuse reports (none / 0) (#124)
by i wish i were an oscar meyer weiner on Mon Jun 25, 2007 at 07:41:00 PM EST

which is the only thing you people give a shit about these days

lol suicide by cop <nt> (none / 0) (#127)
by TDS on Mon Jul 02, 2007 at 04:27:41 PM EST

And when we die, we will die with our hands unbound. This is why we fight.
throttle test (2.57 / 7) (#74)
by EgiI SkaIlagrimson on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 12:43:06 PM EST

----------------

I'm free fallin'.
throttle test (2.22 / 9) (#75)
by EgiI SkaIlagrimson on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 12:43:18 PM EST

----------------

I'm free fallin'.
throttle test (2.11 / 9) (#76)
by EgiI SkaIlagrimson on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 12:43:26 PM EST

----------------

I'm free fallin'.
throttle test (2.00 / 9) (#77)
by EgiI SkaIlagrimson on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 12:43:32 PM EST

----------------

I'm free fallin'.
throttle test (1.88 / 9) (#78)
by EgiI SkaIlagrimson on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 12:43:40 PM EST

----------------

I'm free fallin'.
throttle test (2.20 / 10) (#79)
by EgiI SkaIlagrimson on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 12:43:46 PM EST

----------------

I'm free fallin'.
throttle test (2.72 / 11) (#80)
by The Cringe Factor on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 12:53:56 PM EST

You have exceeded this site's maximum posting rate. You are only allowed to post a certain number of comments or stories in a short period of time. Your user account is now locked from posting for a few minutes, after which it will become normal again. Be warned though: if you attempt to post again while you're locked out, the timeout period will double, and this will keep happening as long as you keep trying to post. Walk away for a few minutes; have a nice cup of coffee; come back; and everything will be cool. Thanks.

... and after six or seven more attempts:

Sorry, you don't have permission to see comments in the queue.

Do You Think This is Worth Including in the Story? (3.00 / 5) (#88)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 01:17:07 PM EST

If so, I could pull, edit and re-submit.

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
Don't bother with it (2.66 / 9) (#89)
by The Cringe Factor on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 01:26:09 PM EST

Your story is fine, and the comments exemplary and topical. Also, the "clutter" is limited to a single thread. Use dynamic threading for less annoyance.

Thanks For Your Feedback (3.00 / 8) (#90)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 01:26:45 PM EST

I really appreciate it.

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
while I appreciate your enthusiasm (3.00 / 9) (#82)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 01:05:51 PM EST

please keep your testing to a hidden sid, as your clutter is fucking up my story.

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
Edit too late to change now: (3.00 / 9) (#92)
by Sir Digby Cream of Sum Yung Gai on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 04:10:24 PM EST

"Another way to get anonymised is to submit a diary petitioning for the de-anonymisation of someone else."

Wow. (3.00 / 8) (#93)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 04:20:21 PM EST

I'm not sure how to categorize that.  Perhaps under the general heading of 'don't hit the wasps nest with a pointy stick', but that kinda goes without saying

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
I am sorry I didnt get (1.50 / 1) (#94)
by GrandWazoo on Wed Jun 20, 2007 at 07:47:27 PM EST

the chance to vote this up. It went to FP very quickly...quicker than I had a chance to vote for it. It didnt need my help anyway. It is still an excellent piece. I enjoyed it.

What's anonymisation? (3.00 / 2) (#95)
by GrubbyBeardedHermit on Thu Jun 21, 2007 at 05:50:12 AM EST

$

GBH

the wimpy version of account deletion (3.00 / 1) (#105)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Thu Jun 21, 2007 at 11:59:00 AM EST

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
Re: submission (2.50 / 8) (#96)
by tetsuwan on Thu Jun 21, 2007 at 06:09:00 AM EST

I nominate this the worst FP story ever.

Njal's Saga: Just like Romeo & Juliet without the romance

What hath we wrought? {[nt (3.00 / 1) (#97)
by I am LOLing on the inside on Thu Jun 21, 2007 at 09:00:27 AM EST

It was voted through by the boorish trolls, (2.33 / 3) (#98)
by tetsuwan on Thu Jun 21, 2007 at 09:05:20 AM EST

their dupes and some schmuck regulars pretty quickly.

Njal's Saga: Just like Romeo & Juliet without the romance

you forgot irc fags (3.00 / 4) (#106)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Thu Jun 21, 2007 at 11:59:28 AM EST

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
They are covered in by the labels in the (none / 0) (#107)
by tetsuwan on Thu Jun 21, 2007 at 12:17:43 PM EST

grandparent, but I'm sure the irc fags did 50% or more of the +1FP voting.

Njal's Saga: Just like Romeo & Juliet without the romance

doubtful (3.00 / 1) (#108)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Thu Jun 21, 2007 at 12:37:43 PM EST

there are max 12 of us on any given day

"Username is so good / I can't bring myself to ban it." - rusty
but you all have 2+ dupe accounts (none / 0) (#109)
by tetsuwan on Thu Jun 21, 2007 at 12:40:51 PM EST

AMIRITE OR AMIRITE?

Njal's Saga: Just like Romeo & Juliet without the romance

I'm happy to believe you (3.00 / 1) (#110)
by i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself on Thu Jun 21, 2007 at 12:56:56 PM EST

but the burden of proof is yours, not mine

the (3.00 / 1) (#99)
by glor on Thu Jun 21, 2007 at 10:44:40 AM EST

Disclaimer: I am not the most intelligent kuron.

question (none / 0) (#100)
by glor on Thu Jun 21, 2007 at 10:44:49 AM EST

Disclaimer: I am not the most intelligent kuron.

about (none / 0) (#101)
by glor on Thu Jun 21, 2007 at 10:44:57 AM EST

Disclaimer: I am not the most intelligent kuron.

throttling (none / 0) (#102)
by glor on Thu Jun 21, 2007 at 10:45:08 AM EST

Disclaimer: I am not the most intelligent kuron.

is (none / 0) (#103)
by glor on Thu Jun 21, 2007 at 10:45:17 AM EST

Disclaimer: I am not the most intelligent kuron.

whether (3.00 / 5) (#104)
by glor on Thu Jun 21, 2007 at 10:45:25 AM EST

Disclaimer: I am not the most intelligent kuron.

-1 too meta (3.00 / 4) (#115)
by regeya on Fri Jun 22, 2007 at 12:39:17 AM EST

meta shit never even gets to section, let alone...oh fucking hell kuro5hin is dead.

[ yokelpunk | kuro5hin diary ]

I can't agree more (none / 0) (#116)
by tetsuwan on Sat Jun 23, 2007 at 06:15:13 PM EST

Njal's Saga: Just like Romeo & Juliet without the romance

You forgot one (3.00 / 1) (#117)
by Neo Orion Blastar on Sun Jun 24, 2007 at 10:38:43 PM EST

that is being Orion Blastar can get you automatically anonymized for no good reason at all.

wah wah (none / 0) (#118)
by i wish i were an oscar meyer weiner on Mon Jun 25, 2007 at 01:22:00 PM EST

I get canned for no reason too.  Suck it up or gtfo.

503 error (none / 0) (#126)
by i wish i were an oscar meyer weiner on Tue Jun 26, 2007 at 11:54:35 PM EST

nice widening tho

modsub throttle research completed (none / 0) (#129)
by make any needed changes and resubmit on Wed Jul 11, 2007 at 07:37:52 PM EST

details here

The diary throttle... (none / 1) (#130)
by undermyne on Tue Apr 22, 2008 at 01:40:28 PM EST

As per an email from Rusty

"You dope. You can't post more than four diaries in three hours, or you get yourself auto-banned and your last day's worth of diaries is hidden.
You managed to do it. Good job."

ray eckson - "nigger eggs are all yolk, you racist fuck"
However (none / 1) (#131)
by rusty on Tue Apr 22, 2008 at 02:08:26 PM EST

Those specific values could be changed at any time without notice. Just FYI if you're planning to use the above info for anything especially important.

____