By Mdog in Meta
Wed May 21, 2008 at 10:04:38 PM EST
Tags: trhurler, John, Adelsberger, causeofdeath, hike, ozark, rip (all tags)

A brief summary of the medical examiner's report...

Hey everybody,

I'm a friend of John's from meatspace (soft-credentials from this thread).  His brother asked me to pass along a short follow-up:

Officially, the cause of death is essentially a heart infection.  There are hints of possible health problems, but whether they were really present -- or how severe they were if so -- will remain unclear, beyond what was casually observed prior to his death (which obviously was not enough to raise any great deal of alarm).

trhurler is...
o Gone, but not forgotten 34%
o Forgotten, but not gone 2%
o Neither gone nor forgotten 12%
o Both forgotten and gone 19%
o All of the above 31%

o this thread
o Also by Mdog

Follow-up on trhurler | 46 comments (40 topical, 6 editorial, 0 hidden)
Thanks for the update. (2.80 / 15) (#1)
by wiredog on Mon May 19, 2008 at 09:58:43 AM EST

The idea of a global village is wrong, it's more like a gazillion pub bars.
Phage

Seconded /nt (none / 1) (#9)
by MotorMachineMercenary on Mon May 19, 2008 at 06:21:18 PM EST

It's hard to be humble when even Mr Bigballs rates me as #1 Kuro5hit.

I TOO AM A VICTIM OF THE ILLUMINATI (1.50 / 8) (#3)
by Enlarged to Show Texture on Mon May 19, 2008 at 11:03:35 AM EST

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -- Isaac Asimov
-1, stopped caring about this guy months ago (1.61 / 21) (#5)
by lostincali on Mon May 19, 2008 at 12:30:05 PM EST

"The least busy day [at McDonalds] is Monday, and then sales increase throughout the week, I guess as enthusiasm for life dwindles."

lulz, zero bombing = butthurt sore loser ~nt (1.50 / 2) (#10)
by anaesthetica on Mon May 19, 2008 at 07:00:27 PM EST

—I'm the little engine that didn't.
k5: our trolls go to eleven
[A]S FAR AS A PERSON'S ACTIONS ARE CONCERNED, IT IS NOT TRUE THAT NOTHING BUT GOOD COMES FROM GOOD AND NOTHING BUT EVIL COMES FROM EVIL, BUT RATHER QUITE FREQUENTLY THE OPPOSITE IS THE CASE. ANYONE WHO DOES NOT REALIZE THIS IS IN FACT A MERE CHILD IN POLITICAL MATTERS. max weber, politics as a vocation

tell me about it (1.50 / 4) (#20)
by lostincali on Tue May 20, 2008 at 12:36:03 PM EST

no doubt for the comment above, i was zero-bombed by multiple people who simply cannot handle my hard hitting brand of truth-telling.

no you are wrong (1.42 / 7) (#31)
by yellow shark on Wed May 21, 2008 at 01:35:55 AM EST

some of us can't handle total dumb asses and fools.

This post is likely to be stupid. $ (1.20 / 5) (#33)
by lostincali on Wed May 21, 2008 at 06:06:59 PM EST

that is because YOU cant (1.50 / 4) (#37)
by yellow shark on Sat May 24, 2008 at 04:43:19 AM EST

think straight with a cock in your ass.

that doesn't even make sense (1.50 / 1) (#38)
by lostincali on Sat May 24, 2008 at 07:59:31 AM EST

why do i always attract the dumbest people as stalkers?

Translation (none / 0) (#39)
by FattMattP on Mon May 26, 2008 at 03:51:42 AM EST

"You dared to express your true opinion rather than embrace the K5 groupthink. Therefore, you will be punished with zero-bombing and name calling. Do not step out of line again, comrade."

I was wrong (3.00 / 6) (#18)
by rhiannon on Tue May 20, 2008 at 11:55:35 AM EST

For some reason when you came back I remembered that I thought you were some kind of nice person, who was stuck in california for some reason. I don't know why I thought this, from comments/diaries you used to post I suppose.

Boy was I wrong, turns out you're really just a cock with nothing to say.

-----------------------------------------
I continued to rebuff the advances... so many advances... of so many attractive women. -MC

boo hoo hoo (3.00 / 2) (#19)
by lostincali on Tue May 20, 2008 at 12:31:10 PM EST

addendum (1.50 / 6) (#21)
by lostincali on Tue May 20, 2008 at 12:45:47 PM EST

this is k5, not some sort of grief support group. the above submission, a footnote to a story, is at best a diary entry. if you're going to post something to the queue, it better be of general interest and you damn well better be prepared to have people tell you that it is not. personally, i stopped caring about this whole saga months ago, as i've already said. posting in a diary is another issue, but if you put something in the queue, you're already asking for it to be judged by an up/down vote if nothing else.

if you can't handle the blunt truth of this process, get the fuck off of k5 and move to a site like husi where you can talk about your feelings and your cats in a sobby, non-judgmental environment where everybody hugs you.

internet tough guy ~nt (2.66 / 3) (#22)
by anaesthetica on Tue May 20, 2008 at 02:12:34 PM EST

—I'm the little engine that didn't.
k5: our trolls go to eleven

lol what (1.50 / 1) (#25)
by lostincali on Tue May 20, 2008 at 06:10:00 PM EST

I don't care about the blunt truth of this process (2.71 / 7) (#30)
by rhiannon on Tue May 20, 2008 at 10:17:43 PM EST

I'm just talking about you, you're a dick.

-----------------------------------------
husi --> (1.75 / 4) (#32)
by lostincali on Wed May 21, 2008 at 06:04:50 PM EST

That's what we call the orienteering death (3.00 / 2) (#8)
by tetsuwan on Mon May 19, 2008 at 04:16:16 PM EST

over here

Njal's Saga: Just like Romeo & Juliet without the romance

So, (3.00 / 3) (#11)
by QuantumFoam on Mon May 19, 2008 at 08:38:09 PM EST

He had a heart attack while whacking it in public?

- Barack Obama: Because it will work this time. Honest!

Thank you. (3.00 / 4) (#12)
by livus on Mon May 19, 2008 at 10:09:55 PM EST

Appreciated.

HIREZ substitute.
be concrete asshole, or shut up. - CTS
I guess I skipped school or something to drink on the internet? - lonelyhobo
I consider myself trolled more or less just by visiting the site. HollyHopDrive

lyme disease? (2.70 / 10) (#13)
by circletimessquare on Mon May 19, 2008 at 10:11:16 PM EST

outdoorsmen often get ticks, and lyme disease gets you in the joints, the brain, and the heart. it takes a long time for the infection to get that ingrained, so perhaps he got infected as a teenager and it never got treated

any idea what kind of infection he had? was it lyme disease?

but thanks for the info man ;-) ignore the pointless mindless negativity here in some of the comments

incidentally, the spirochetes in lyme disease are pretty much exactly like the spirochetes in syphilis. so essentially, lyme disease is syphilis from bugs. end stage tertiary syphilis you here about the french and english nobleman dropping off from in the middle ages and enlightenment is pretty much the same as chronic lyme disease

The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.

WOW STORY OF HIS LIFE HUH (1.00 / 3) (#15)
by Ruston Rustov on Tue May 20, 2008 at 12:56:05 AM EST

I had had incurable open sores all over my feet for sixteen years. The doctors were powerless to do anything about it. I told my psychiatrist that they were psychosomatic Stigmata - the Stigmata are the wounds Jesus suffered when he was nailed to the cross. Three days later all my sores were gone. -- Michael Crawford
Maybe tomorrow. -- Michael Crawford
As soon as she has her first period, fuck your daughter. -- localroger

ha ha (3.00 / 2) (#16)
by GrubbyBeardedHermit on Tue May 20, 2008 at 06:45:58 AM EST

"
How the fuck was I supposed to know his username is trhurler?

BTW, that is fucking unpronouncable and therefore lame.
"

GBH

Thanks (2.40 / 15) (#17)
by Peahippo on Tue May 20, 2008 at 11:21:31 AM EST

Goodbye, John Adelsberger.

It's not fair world ... where the likes of trhurler kick it, and we still have to tolerate circletimessquare drawing breath.

i'm undead (none / 1) (#26)
by circletimessquare on Tue May 20, 2008 at 06:26:16 PM EST

The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.

TOO SOON (3.00 / 2) (#23)
by Phssthpok on Tue May 20, 2008 at 05:42:43 PM EST

____________

affective flattening has caused me to kill 11,357 people

Shouldn't a heart infection heart? (3.00 / 3) (#27)
by MichaelCrawford on Tue May 20, 2008 at 08:06:44 PM EST

Or make you feel bad in some way? Surely he felt something that should have led him to seek medical attention.

Looking for some free songs?

eyes don't nose. (3.00 / 7) (#28)
by the77x42 on Tue May 20, 2008 at 08:23:13 PM EST

"We're not here to educate. We're here to point and laugh." - creature
"You have some pretty stupid ideas." - indubitable ‮

heh. s/infection heart/infection hurt/ $ (none / 0) (#29)
by MichaelCrawford on Tue May 20, 2008 at 08:24:29 PM EST

Looking for some free songs?

may have caused weakness or shortness of (none / 1) (#40)
by SaintPort on Wed May 28, 2008 at 10:06:51 AM EST

breath that he may have taken as a challenge to exercise more...

Search the Scriptures
Start with some cheap grace...Got Life?

thanks for updating. (3.00 / 2) (#34)
by nononoitaintmebabe on Wed May 21, 2008 at 07:51:40 PM EST

Your efforts are appreciated. $ (none / 1) (#35)
by skyknight on Fri May 23, 2008 at 11:18:59 PM EST

It's not much fun at the top. I envy the common people, their hearty meals and Bruce Springsteen and voting. --SIGNOR SPAGHETTI
That explains it better. (3.00 / 3) (#36)
by spunk on Sat May 24, 2008 at 12:09:36 AM EST

The whole idea that he was ill-prepared for the weather or terrain didn't make much sense to me. I mean, this is trhurler we are talking about.

I never met him personally, but think he would have been thankful you and his brother passed this on.

amen (none / 0) (#41)
by SaintPort on Wed May 28, 2008 at 10:07:50 AM EST

and amen

Search the Scriptures
Start with some cheap grace...Got Life?

$_$ (none / 0) (#42)
by Spendocrat on Fri May 30, 2008 at 02:56:26 AM EST

Thanks for the update.

RIP (none / 0) (#43)
by debillitatus on Fri May 30, 2008 at 09:16:55 AM EST

Damn you and your daily doubles, you brigand!

Aww (none / 0) (#44)
by psychologist on Tue Jul 01, 2008 at 02:49:28 AM EST

He died of a broken heart.

Was he a good witch or a bad witch? (none / 0) (#45)
by killmepleez on Thu Jul 10, 2008 at 09:39:14 AM EST

After about 2004, I've dropped in on K5 randomly maybe like twice a year, the way you occasionally email an old college friend you don't really like anymore, but you still harbor a reflex curiosity about what he's up to these days. So here I am today and I read a story saying that one of the pillars of the Kommunity died.

I know he was an important poster, but having been out of the loop for so long I can't remember if he was a great contributor or a total jerk. (Although of course on K5 the line between the two is fuzzy and covers the middle third of the available spectrum).

__
"I instantly realized that everything in my life that I thought was unfixable was totally fixable - except for having just jumped."
--from "J
was he a great contributor or a total jerk? (none / 0) (#46)
by rhiannon on Mon Dec 22, 2008 at 06:23:38 PM EST

Yes, he was.

-----------------------------------------
Follow-up on trhurler | 46 comments (40 topical, 6 editorial, 0 hidden)