Open Invitation

By osm in Meta
Fri Sep 06, 2013 at 02:16:33 PM EST
Tags: 4thelulz, k5 is dead (all tags)

Last year I began working on a discussion site called 4thelulz. Several people from K5 signed up, but not many participated, understandably.

I took the site down for a while, and recently dusted it off and put it back on the internet. I've added some new features, gotten some more users from other sites to join up and plan on doing more work.

The main new feature that I've implemented is Communities. A community is a list of users created by a single user. Communities can be assigned to discussions when they are created and only those users in the assigned communities will even know the discussion exists.

Users who have been added to a community cannot add or remove other users, but they can assign that community to their own discussions.

This basically allows for private areas of the board, managed by whoever wanted to create it. Sort of like the old troll sids on slashdot, buy with actual enforcement of who can see them and who can't.

Other features coming: private messaging, favorites (favorites can be users, tags, discussions or comments) and image support.

I'm also open to suggestions.

If you signed up before, your account is still there. If you haven't, sign up now and get in on the ground floor!

o Slashdot
o 4thelulz
o sign up now
o Also by osm

Open Invitation | 17 comments (14 topical, 3 editorial, 0 hidden)
did i sign up before (3.00 / 3) (#1)
by Jobst of Moravia on Wed Sep 04, 2013 at 09:42:29 AM EST

__
   .,-;-;-,. /'_\ ---Did this Negro say "Street Moor"?
 _/_/_/_|_\_\) /
'-<_><_><_><_>=\
 `/_/====/_/-'\_\
  ""     ""    ""

lol (none / 0) (#2)
by osm on Wed Sep 04, 2013 at 10:48:15 AM EST

i don't know. you can try again.

--------
4thelulz.org

I signed up (none / 1) (#3)
by Riddick on Wed Sep 04, 2013 at 06:44:32 PM EST

there goes the neighborhood. Once Blastard signs up for something, people stop using it. LOL!

Nah, (3.00 / 2) (#4)
by k31 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 at 07:50:15 PM EST

I joined after you.

Your dollar is you only Word, the wrath of it your only fear. He who has an EAR to hear....
Signup nitpicks (none / 1) (#5)
by localroger on Wed Sep 04, 2013 at 08:05:31 PM EST

Took me five tries with the blasted Captcha to sign up. Why does the bloody thing erase your duplicate password when the captcha fails and you have to try it again?

Also, after account creation it invites you to "look around" until your account is confirmed but since your account isn't confirmed it redirects back to the create an account page.

I can haz blog!

stupid thing (none / 0) (#6)
by osm on Wed Sep 04, 2013 at 08:40:24 PM EST

thanks for the report, sir.

--------
4thelulz.org

Happy to help (none / 1) (#8)
by localroger on Wed Sep 04, 2013 at 10:21:55 PM EST

I know what it's like. Left another one on the 4tl help/intro page FYI. We can never find all these little things ourselves.

I can haz blog!

+1, why not? $ (none / 1) (#7)
by Enlarged to Show Texture on Wed Sep 04, 2013 at 08:42:39 PM EST

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -- Isaac Asimov
my guess is that ... (none / 1) (#9)
by mumble on Thu Sep 05, 2013 at 01:24:52 AM EST

for a small site trying to attract new users, having closed "communities" that new members can't see is not a great idea. But I suppose no harm in trying the experiment, other than a site with no users.

-----
stats for a better tomorrow
bitcoin: 1GsfkeggHSqbcVGS3GSJnwaCu6FYwF73fR
"They must know I'm here. The half and half jug is missing" - MDC.
"I've grown weary of googling the solutions to my many problems" - MDC.
Your Blastard filter appears to be broken. $ (none / 1) (#10)
by modus on Thu Sep 05, 2013 at 11:02:25 AM EST

Your reset password doesnt work??? (3.00 / 2) (#14)
by I Did It All For The Horse Cock on Fri Sep 06, 2013 at 02:17:08 PM EST

I click the link in the email and it just ask to enter the email again. WHat a crock of shit!!!! Scoop is much better kdkdkkrghihjegr

\\\
  \ \        ^.^._______  This comment brought to you by the penis-nosed fox!
    \\______/_________|_)
    / /    \ \
    \_\_    \ \

OMG (none / 0) (#15)
by osm on Fri Sep 06, 2013 at 02:34:21 PM EST

FAIL

--------
4thelulz.org

wtf is your username? (none / 0) (#16)
by osm on Fri Sep 06, 2013 at 08:38:13 PM EST

--------
4thelulz.org

NOOGIEBROWN (none / 1) (#17)
by I Did It All For The Horse Cock on Tue Sep 10, 2013 at 04:03:13 PM EST

i think

\\\
  \ \        ^.^._______  This comment brought to you by the penis-nosed fox!
    \\______/_________|_)
    / /    \ \
    \_\_    \ \

Open Invitation | 17 comments (14 topical, 3 editorial, 0 hidden)