Kuro5hin.org overrun by teenage girls

By Delirium in MLP
Tue Nov 21, 2000 at 05:01:59 AM EST
Tags: Kuro5hin.org (all tags)
Kuro5hin.org

Unfortunately, the introduction of diaries on k5 has led to a massive influx of teenage girls who are using the new feature, raising the specter of more possible downtime, not to mention the effect this could have on k5 as a community. Inoshiro (a popular k5 poll option) urges calm and claims the servers can handle the load. Details at segfault.

o at segfault
o Also by Delirium

Kuro5hin.org overrun by teenage girls | 16 comments (12 topical, 4 editorial, 0 hidden)
(Funny) (3.55 / 9) (#5)
by bradenmcg on Mon Nov 20, 2000 at 11:02:46 PM EST

This story and a few others I've seen recently really show that some K5 readers do have senses of humor...

I feel it would be in the interest of all if there were a "funny" secton. When (if?) rusty and Inoshiro get Scoop to a point where a reader can customize the frontpage, then people who don't want humor can filter it out...

*shrug* I think it would be a good idea though.

<leonphelps>Yeah, now, uh, "sig," what is that?</leonphelps>

maybe.. not (2.14 / 7) (#7)
by wolfie on Tue Nov 21, 2000 at 12:53:24 AM EST

maybe you give us too much credit some of us are definitely funny, but funny enough for a humor section? now that's just funny.

No we don't (1.83 / 6) (#10)
by squigly on Tue Nov 21, 2000 at 07:20:37 AM EST

If you have a good sense of humour, you don't need to show it. It should be obvious.

People who sig other people have nothing intelligent to say for themselves - anonimouse
Humor? (3.00 / 2) (#15)
by aphrael on Tue Nov 21, 2000 at 08:01:13 PM EST

The humor content of K5 has gone up *markedly* since diaries were opened.

aham (1.57 / 7) (#6)
by maketo on Tue Nov 21, 2000 at 12:06:12 AM EST

Sounds funny, but then again glorifying other people was never my thing...
agents, bugs, nanites....see the connection?
+1, frontpage. (3.55 / 9) (#8)
by Inoshiro on Tue Nov 21, 2000 at 01:52:17 AM EST

Hopefully my endorsement of this will get me past the 74% hurdle, and launch me well into 80%-ers with the babes! :-D

[ イノシロ ]
Where's the Poll? (3.33 / 9) (#9)
by spectatorion on Tue Nov 21, 2000 at 02:48:09 AM EST

I mean, the obvious one for this one is

Inshiro is

• Cute
  • Not Cute

What were you thinking?

That's what diaries are for! (1.50 / 2) (#13)
by Paul Crowley on Tue Nov 21, 2000 at 10:06:44 AM EST

How cute is Inoshiro?
Paul Crowley aka ciphergoth. Crypto and sex politics. Diary.
This first appeared... (2.75 / 4) (#11)
by Locke on Tue Nov 21, 2000 at 09:27:31 AM EST

This first appeared here, complete with a poll.

Locke

I'm so happy! (2.50 / 2) (#14)
by Denor on Tue Nov 21, 2000 at 04:18:22 PM EST

Yep! Ironically enough, it's entitled "Segfault wouldn't take it". I guess I should be more patient with the segfault people in the future :)

That said, Segfault didn't let me have a poll :)

-Denor

Slashdot trolling, segfault's fault? (1.66 / 3) (#12)
by delmoi on Tue Nov 21, 2000 at 10:05:46 AM EST

I honestly havenít been to segfault since they stopped taking comments. Of course, I started reading the site when it became basically nothing more then the worst of what slashdot became, so I was surprised that some people were taking offence.

By the way, did anyone one else notice that the closing of comments on segfault coincided almost exactly with the rise of 'trolling' on slashdot? People had been talking about Natalie Portman a lot on segfault before the comments were turned off, and those same posts started showing up on /. Almost right away.
"'argumentation' is not a word, idiot." -- thelizman
Well yeah (5.00 / 1) (#16)
by spiralx on Wed Nov 22, 2000 at 04:38:59 PM EST

Naked and petrified guy started posting on /. after segfault shut down comments. opensourceman started at the same time, but that was more of a coincidence...

You're doomed, I'm doomed, we're all doomed for ice cream. - Bob Aboey