Ultimate computer chair.

By onyxruby in MLP
Wed Jan 10, 2001 at 04:40:40 AM EST
Tags: Hardware (all tags)
Hardware

OK, this is MLP, but I had to submit it anyways. Lazyboy and MS have teamed up to create "the most technologically advanced recliner to date". It will cost $1049 for cloth and $1299 for leather.

The recliner will include a wireless keyboard, webtv receiver (who cares), plug in for laptop power, and jacks for dial up and DSL internet connections. Just as important it will include a drink holder and remote control niche.

This a recliner that almost any of us would love to own. The ultimate in ergonomics, the kick back and relax, why are you bothering me boss chair. Gotta love it. Let's face it, one of these, 40" hdtv (give it a few years) and your talking a dream come true for many of us. If only it could make a sandwich...

I want mine in
o Leather 18%
o Cloth 4%
o Silk 12%
o Penguin patterns 20%
o Pre-stained with Mountain Dew 4%
o I prefer a hard uncomfortable chair 30%
o I'm waiting for my IPO 10%

o teamed
o Also by onyxruby

Ultimate computer chair. | 16 comments (9 topical, 7 editorial, 0 hidden)
And in related news... (4.20 / 10) (#1)
by Sheepdot on Tue Jan 09, 2001 at 07:53:58 PM EST

Also announced today is the recent joint effort by Roto-Rooter and MS to develop the world's first all-in-one office.

sweet! (3.00 / 1) (#2)
by cbatt on Tue Jan 09, 2001 at 08:05:19 PM EST

Now all I need is to get one of these in my office and I'm set.

What would really be nice is a lazyboz that adds one of those nifty, ergonomically correct, split keyboards on each arm and a swing away arm to mount a flat-pannel to. The keyboard halves could fold down into the arms of the chair like the trays of some airplanes, and the flat-panel mount could be flipped over and used as a snack tray. Coding in comfort, all the way!

-----------
Before you can understand recursion
you must understand recursion.

not the ultimate computer chair. (4.00 / 1) (#3)
by bradenmcg on Tue Jan 09, 2001 at 08:43:07 PM EST

no, the title of "ultimate computer chair" should go to the Aeron.
(Also see manufacturer's website.)

Hell, it's the ultimate chair, period.

Now, I guess I could crown this La-Z-Boy the ultimate <em chair computer...

but the Aeron is the most comfortable chair i've ever worked in, period. If only I had around $1000 to drop...

<leonphelps>Yeah, now, uh, "sig," what is that?</leonphelps>

Aeron Schmaeron (none / 0) (#10)
by mihalis on Tue Jan 09, 2001 at 11:01:45 PM EST

At work we have Aerons, flat panels, keyboard trays - the works. I'm still uncomfortable though. For a start, my cubicle is 5"x5", then there's the additional two Sun monitors for my Ultra workstation in addition to my PC with the two flat panels. Then you have to add in the massed ranks of O'Reilly manuals, a few Windows books (boo, hiss). It's a good job I'm reasonably friendly with the guys who sits next to me, since our chairs practically touch even when we're typing.
-- Chris Morgan <see em at mihalis dot net>
but... (none / 0) (#16)
by bradenmcg on Thu Jan 11, 2001 at 12:12:32 AM EST

is your ASS comfortable?

that's about all Aeron chairs can help you with... ;-)

the rest is just shitty planning on the part of your (probably asshole) employer(s).

<leonphelps>Yeah, now, uh, "sig," what is that?</leonphelps>

No No NO ! (2.33 / 3) (#9)
by Phage on Tue Jan 09, 2001 at 10:43:00 PM EST

THESE are the ultimate computer chairs !

I don't find Heathens to be sexy, as a general rule.
Canthros

Naming conventions (none / 0) (#12)
by strepsil on Tue Jan 09, 2001 at 11:55:00 PM EST

Does everything Microsoft get involved with end up with 'Explorer' in the name?

What's next? MS and Black & Decker team up to bring you an exciting new development in web-enabled stud finders - "Cavity Explorer"(tm).

Microsoft and Johnson & Johnson bring you the Internet-Ready Cotton Bud, "Navel Explorer".

Oh well, what can you do?

Those are a lot of features! (none / 0) (#13)
by pb on Wed Jan 10, 2001 at 12:21:37 AM EST

"...Also, it has ten folders, one for each subject, a better picture of Dawson's Creek than Kyle's, [...] flat TV, and of course, Onstar."

Well, I'm impressed; when will it take over the world???
-- pwhysall
Its competition (none / 0) (#15)
by slaytanic killer on Wed Jan 10, 2001 at 10:44:36 AM EST

Here is a review of the reigning champion among chairs. IIRC, everyone at Scient's SF offices gets one.

Ultimate computer chair. | 16 comments (9 topical, 7 editorial, 0 hidden)