Dr. Stephen Hawking, lyrical terrorist

By codemonkey_uk in MLP
Tue Jan 09, 2001 at 11:18:34 AM EST
Tags: You Know... (all tags)
You Know...

"Despite three critically acclaimed albums and nearly ten years on the mic, Stephen Hawking remains virtually unknown as a musician." - www.mchawking.com

With music downloads, in MP3 and RealAudio format, lyric sheets, pictures, and a wicked sense of fun MC Hawkins Crib is a spoof site not to be missed.

Straight out of Oxford a crazy motherfucker named Hawking.
When I be rocking the mic you be gawking,
at me 'cause I'm a bad mama-jamma,
you wanna lock me up put my ass in the slamma.
But fuck that shit 'cause no jail can hold me,
you can't even catch me much less control me.
So if you see me coming you better duck,
'cause Stephen Hawking is crazy as fuck.

And don't be getting yo panties in a twist 'bout respec' 'right, the good Dr is down with the parody.

The Mighty Stephen Hawking
o Crazy As F*ck 96%

o Stephen Hawking
o www.mchawk ing.com
o music
o pictures
o MC Hawkins Crib
o the good Dr is down with the parody
o Also by codemonkey_uk

Dr. Stephen Hawking, lyrical terrorist | 13 comments (11 topical, 2 editorial, 0 hidden)
Excellent! (2.33 / 3) (#1)
by Morn on Tue Jan 09, 2001 at 07:16:41 AM EST

Might not provike much discussion, but it's just the sort of wierd-but-fun thing I like to see in MLP to view at lunchtime. +1 any day. -- I explode like a bomb, no one is spared, my power is my mass times the speed of light squared.

Re: Excellent! (3.00 / 2) (#2)
by Morn on Tue Jan 09, 2001 at 07:20:44 AM EST

Guess who forgot to format his post...

It should look like this:

I explode like a bomb, no one is spared,
my power is my mass times the speed of light squared.

Obviously an impostor (3.50 / 2) (#6)
by 0xdeadbeef on Tue Jan 09, 2001 at 10:49:26 AM EST

Is that a quote by MC Hawking? Shouldn't his power be his mass times the speed of light squared divided by time?

Surely not! (4.33 / 3) (#7)
by Morn on Tue Jan 09, 2001 at 11:07:28 AM EST

You have to allow some artistic licence. After all, he may be a top physicist, but he has a rhyming scheme to stick to :-)

Ok, try this (4.00 / 3) (#10)
by 0xdeadbeef on Tue Jan 09, 2001 at 11:51:15 AM EST

It doesn't work well to a hip-hop beat, but he could have said it poetically thus:

I explode like a bomb, no one is spared. (The thermonuclear rhyme!)
It's power is my mass, times the spead of light squared, divided by time.

Or: (4.00 / 2) (#11)
by Morn on Tue Jan 09, 2001 at 05:52:47 PM EST

I explode like a bomb, no one is spared,
explosion's energy is my mass times the speed of light squared.

...but I fear we're becoming too pedantic. I'm going to go away now :-)

Damn, I was going to post about this! (3.00 / 6) (#3)
by fossilcode on Tue Jan 09, 2001 at 08:15:27 AM EST

I had this site bookmarked already. It's a scream!
"...half the world blows and half the world sucks." Uh, which half were you again?
It's been around a while (2.66 / 3) (#8)
by Tau Neutrino on Tue Jan 09, 2001 at 11:31:32 AM EST

I first saw this site a couple years ago, if memory serves. I figured everybody had seen it by now. Since, by the comments, that appears not to be the case, put it up! Everybody needs to see it.

It's a hoot.
Theater is life, cinema is art, television is furniture.
Its been updated recently (4.50 / 2) (#9)
by codemonkey_uk on Tue Jan 09, 2001 at 11:40:55 AM EST

Which is what prompted my posting. New art. New MP3's.

If you've not been in a while, check out the new stuff!
Thad

Okay, who's the smart arse... (5.00 / 1) (#12)
by codemonkey_uk on Wed Jan 10, 2001 at 04:32:31 AM EST

...that voted for something else on the poll?

55 / 56 at the moment. Anyone want to explain how?
Thad

here (3.66 / 3) (#13)
by molofaha on Wed Jan 10, 2001 at 05:33:41 AM EST

By changing the VALUE="1" to something else, for example:

<!-- begin poll form -->
<FORM ACTION="http://www.kuro5hin.org/" METHOD="POST">
   <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="op" VALUE="view_poll">
   <INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="qid" VALUE="979037701_HnthimmL">
   <INPUT type="hidden" name="ispoll" value="1"><b>The Mighty Stephen Hawking</b><br>
   <INPUT TYPE="radio" NAME="aid" VALUE="2"> Crazy As F*ck<BR><BR><INPUT TYPE="submit" name="vote" VALUE="Vote">
</FORM>