The war, the music, the flash movie

By duxup in MLP
Thu Oct 25, 2001 at 10:39:10 AM EST
Tags: Humour (all tags)
Humour

The current war has generated lots of things including a plethora of flash movies, few of them are as funny as this one. In this video enjoy the stirring vocals of Colin Powell, the almost audible drums of George Bush, and a certain Osama runs around Afghanistan.

Sponsor: rusty
This space intentionally left blank
comments (24)
active | buy ad
Don't just take my word for it:

I think this is the first one I saw that is not offensive. Most of the stuff like that I've seen is utter crap that talks about "blowing up the dirty towel heads" or "kill the Palestinians" and such. This one was slightly amusing, particularly to see Bush playing drums like a monkey. Thanks for sharing.
-theboz

Lame
-delmoi

This is the best one I've seen in ages. Gotta be an MLP.
-TheophileEscargot

What do you like best?
o The War 0%
o The Music 38%
o The Movie 25%
o Using any of the other options to validate my personal beliefs, and preach about them to duxup 27%
o Other 8%

o this one
o theboz
o delmoi
o TheophileE scargot
o Also by duxup

The war, the music, the flash movie | 26 comments (15 topical, 11 editorial, 0 hidden)
Hilarious (4.00 / 2) (#8)
by J'raxis on Wed Oct 24, 2001 at 09:25:17 PM EST

But I liked this version of the lyrics better. It’s mostly the same except for:
Grow six inch, seven inch, eight inch beard
Daylight come and we bomb your home
Grow six inch, seven inch, eight inch beard
Daylight come and we bomb your home
I’m sure they could have done something with this verse with their little Bin Laden in the SWF movie. :)

— Al-Raxis

[ J’raxis·Com | Liberty in your lifetime ]

Have to agree with delmoi (4.33 / 3) (#10)
by itsbruce on Wed Oct 24, 2001 at 10:12:31 PM EST

Lame. Want to see something from somebody with a firecracker imagination? This was something first brought to my attention by someboz or other.

--It is impolite to tell a man who is carrying you on his shoulders that his head smells.

My brain hurts (4.33 / 3) (#14)
by tudlio on Thu Oct 25, 2001 at 01:45:16 AM EST

That was just frikkin' bizarre. Thanks for the link, I think.

insert self-deprecatory humor here
Clearly (4.33 / 3) (#19)
by Herring on Thu Oct 25, 2001 at 06:22:51 AM EST

... a lot of people out there with too much time our their hands. Current favourites:
Somthing less visual
As odd as it gets

Enjoy.

Say lol what again motherfucker, say lol what again, I dare you, no I double dare you
At the end of the swf... (5.00 / 4) (#12)
by rajivvarma on Wed Oct 24, 2001 at 11:26:58 PM EST

Hey:

Does it look to anyone else that the cruise missle took out the whole of Brazil and a good portion of South America?
Rajiv Varma
Mirror of DeCSS.

I'm looking at a screen shot (3.66 / 3) (#13)
by duxup on Wed Oct 24, 2001 at 11:58:51 PM EST

Judging by its location I think the land mass that blows up does vaguely look like central Asia. The explosion appears to take India and Pakistan with it. The land mass to the right would appear to look like Africa and refute that, but I believe it's a badly drawn South America. There is a dot in between them that I think indicates Hawaii.

I actualy heard that song on the radio (4.66 / 3) (#15)
by delmoi on Thu Oct 25, 2001 at 04:04:41 AM EST

Right after we started bombing. It made me really uneasy, it's one thing to agree with bombing, but celebrating it is another thing. It's really the same thing the Palestinians were doing the 12th, isn't it?

Actually the swf is pretty funny, better then the song on it's own.

Anyway +1 FP since you quoted me :P
"'argumentation' is not a word, idiot." -- thelizman
Oh my God! (4.33 / 3) (#16)
by TheophileEscargot on Thu Oct 25, 2001 at 04:26:32 AM EST

I'm delmoi!

Why, God, why?
----
Support the nascent Mad Open Science movement... when we talk about "hundreds of eyeballs," we really mean it. Lagged2Death

Bad Karma (5.00 / 3) (#20)
by wiredog on Thu Oct 25, 2001 at 08:51:12 AM EST

What goes around, comes around. It's punishment for the sins of your youth. Not all of them, of course, that would require you to be Jon Katz.

If there's a choice between performance and ease of use, Linux will go for performance every time. -- Jerry Pournelle
You should feel honored (5.00 / 3) (#24)
by delmoi on Thu Oct 25, 2001 at 05:57:53 PM EST

Being a delmoi is one of the greatest honors available to human beings. Not just everyone can be a delmoi, you know. On the elites, only the brightest. Only the worlds best!

:P
"'argumentation' is not a word, idiot." -- thelizman
Hey, a flash file! (4.00 / 1) (#18)
by FredBloggs on Thu Oct 25, 2001 at 05:37:12 AM EST

I`ll click on it, because my experience of flash files is that they are entertaining, and yet thought provoking, at the same time. Not to say technically accomplished.

Thanks for the finder credit =P (4.00 / 2) (#21)
by Lord13 on Thu Oct 25, 2001 at 03:13:05 PM EST

Of course I should have submitted it myself.

Growing half a tree, water it everyday.
I told you to submit it (3.00 / 1) (#22)
by duxup on Thu Oct 25, 2001 at 03:39:17 PM EST

I told you to submit it, you didn't. I'd credit the creator before I credit the guy who's diary I saw it in.

No worries (3.50 / 2) (#23)
by Lord13 on Thu Oct 25, 2001 at 04:34:58 PM EST

I've been busy at work and haven't even checked it in days. You did a better writeup then I would have done anyway, so I should be saying thanks. =)

Growing half a tree, water it everyday.
Rock (4.50 / 2) (#25)
by DJBongHit on Thu Oct 25, 2001 at 08:31:23 PM EST

That was absolutely hilarious. I watched it at work, but now I'm home and I can't find a flash player that does sound for Linux/PPC... anybody know of one? Doesn't have to be a browser plugin, a standalone player is fine.

~DJBongHit

GNU GPL: Free as in herpes.