Spank the monkey!

By theboz in MLP
Tue Nov 06, 2001 at 10:02:50 PM EST
Tags: Humour (all tags)
Humour

Want to know how fast you can spank the monkey? Then click here. It's a great site, and has a funky beat for you to listen to while you spank the monkey. Personally, I can spank the monkey at 621mph so I'd like to know if any of you can do it faster than me.

o click here
o 621mph
o Also by theboz

Spank the monkey! | 20 comments (20 topical, editorial, 0 hidden)
Damn! (5.00 / 2) (#1)
by Your Mom on Mon Nov 05, 2001 at 06:47:56 PM EST

I was only able to get 162MPH...

I bow to your superior wacking skills...

"As far as I'm concerned, Osama bin Laden can eat a dick." -trhurler

You can cheat. (5.00 / 1) (#2)
by theboz on Mon Nov 05, 2001 at 06:53:46 PM EST

If you set your mouse to be sensitive and move very easily then this would not be a problem. I have my mouse set so I barely have to move it to get it to go across the screen so I can use it in the cramped space that is my computer desk, so that may have helped.

Stuff.

I must be a real pro then... (941mph) (5.00 / 1) (#3)
by aidoneus on Mon Nov 05, 2001 at 07:23:02 PM EST

I managed to spank my monkey at 941mph...

Don't believe me? Here's a screenshot I took (I'm at work...). I am way too good at that game.

Here's a hint though. Move your mouse outthe right side of the window that the monkey is in and then just barely enter at the left side. You'll get very fast speeds. :)

That site (5.00 / 3) (#4)
by spacejack on Mon Nov 05, 2001 at 07:51:58 PM EST

VectorLounge.com has a lot of amazing work on it. You can waste many otherwise productive hours tooling around there.

I'm curious, does the Flash plugin work for you Linux folks?

Flash plugin (5.00 / 1) (#6)
by ecc on Mon Nov 05, 2001 at 08:24:48 PM EST

Yup, works for me.

• Linux 2.2.19-ow3, Glibc 2.1.3
  • Netscape Communicator 4.75/Mozilla 0.9.4
  • Shockwave Flash 5.0 r47 (same binary for both browsers)

"The Way of the Exploding Stick" game also worked as well.

--------
Always look on the bright side of death,
Just before you draw your terminal breath...

1020 (5.00 / 2) (#5)
by YelM3 on Mon Nov 05, 2001 at 08:23:45 PM EST

I got up to 1020 Mph, using a MS Intellimouse. It seems to have been a fluke since I can't get past 420 now :(

Amatuers (3.66 / 3) (#7)
by AmberEyes on Mon Nov 05, 2001 at 08:40:00 PM EST

Read 'em and weep, boys.

And to think I could have taken a Print Screen when I got it up to 6195 the other day.

-AmberEyes

"But you [AmberEyes] have never admitted defeat your entire life, so why should you start now. It seems the only perfect human being since Jesus Christ himself is in our presence." -my Uncle Dean
You got XP (none / 0) (#10)
by duxup on Tue Nov 06, 2001 at 02:01:57 AM EST

Wow.
But how fast can you spank the monkey?

Try spanking it with your other hand... (5.00 / 2) (#8)
by communista on Mon Nov 05, 2001 at 10:37:20 PM EST

You might get more accomplished, and it'll feel like someone else is doing it...

A very modest achievement... At least I think so. You expect me to be good at this?
/me fucks shit up!!!!
+1 FP - Music? (5.00 / 1) (#9)
by duxup on Tue Nov 06, 2001 at 01:47:19 AM EST

Anyone know where I can get some of this generic victory music? I work in a call center and think it would be great for playing when I display my technical excellence on a hard to fix network.

Generic?! (none / 0) (#14)
by spacejack on Tue Nov 06, 2001 at 08:45:49 PM EST

That's from either Chic's Good Times or Sugarhill Gang's Rapper's Delight, which sampled the former.

The song ... (5.00 / 1) (#16)
by mtvsucks on Wed Nov 07, 2001 at 02:29:33 AM EST

Dj AndySmith, and appears on "The Document". Rad cd.
--- 13373r than you since 1996
Victory music (none / 0) (#18)
by Ricdude on Wed Nov 07, 2001 at 10:44:22 AM EST

As Ally McBeal's therapist would say, "You need a theme song to keep you going through the day, something uplifting, cheerful, that always keeps you in a good mood..."

There are a lot of movies that provide useful theme songs for "victory laps". Possible suggestions:

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Star Wars (the end theme from episode IV)Theme from Rocky
The Theme from the Olympic Games

Tough ;-) (5.00 / 2) (#11)
by zenit on Tue Nov 06, 2001 at 08:29:33 AM EST

With a Logitech trackball, accidentally soaked in coffee last week, I was hardly able to get more than 100 mph ...

funny, but easy to cheat (none / 0) (#12)
by kedge on Tue Nov 06, 2001 at 05:33:51 PM EST

just click on the hand, drag your mouse below the flash part of the window, put it on the other side of the browser window then just move the mouse back on the flash animation. I got 663 mph. =)

Compiled Java on PalmOS? WabaJump!

Cool trick! (none / 0) (#13)
by Gutza on Tue Nov 06, 2001 at 08:30:14 PM EST

769 over here! :-)

Who's your vendor, who's your vendor? — Scott Adams
time is K5
Cool, but too easy to cheat (none / 0) (#15)
by Lionfire on Wed Nov 07, 2001 at 12:44:25 AM EST

It's just a little too easy to cheat on... in addition to the methods mentioned by others here already, I found that resizing the swf works quite well. Just view the swf instead of the html page it's embedded in and resize your browser as small as you can.

I'm not sure if this is a wacky limitation of the way mouse input is handled in Flash or not... but... um... I'm sure it's meaningful for somebody...

...or something.

[ blog | cute ]
Warning!!!!! Nimda, etc at VectorLounge (none / 0) (#17)
by under a tree on Wed Nov 07, 2001 at 05:43:22 AM EST

As soon as I went to vectorlounge, my virus software went ballistic. There were at least 3 viruses (including Nimda) on the home page.

My monkey likes it slooooooow. (none / 0) (#19)
by JazzManJim on Wed Nov 07, 2001 at 11:52:52 AM EST

I dunno. The monkey seemed happier when I put on some Barry White music, poured a couple glasses of fine wine, and spanked him reallllllll slow.

But, on the other hand...550 MPH. Not bad.

-Jimmie
"Hostility toward America is a religious duty, and we hope to be rewarded for it by God...I am confident that Muslims will be able to end the legend of the so-called superpower that is America."
(Osama bin Laden - 10 Jan 1999)
Aw, feck it! (none / 0) (#20)
by HereticMessiah on Thu Nov 08, 2001 at 04:19:25 AM EST

I found this 5 days ago. Now I'm kicking myself for not posting it on K5.

Disagree with me? Post a reply.
Think my post's poor or trolling? Rate me down.

Spank the monkey! | 20 comments (20 topical, 0 editorial, 0 hidden)