The Onion in "All Your Base" Story Actually Funny Shocker!

By codemonkey_uk in MLP
Sun Mar 25, 2001 at 10:16:03 AM EST
Tags: Humour (all tags)
Humour

Satirical news sheet the Onion (age unknown) shocked the world yesterday by running an "All Your Base" story that was actually funny. Running under the headline "Congress Adds 'All Your Base Are Belong To Us' Amendment To Bankruptcy Bill" this story broke from the tradition of AYBABTU History with wit, intelligence and humour.

The Onion bit is at the bottom of the front page...

o the Onion
o All
o Your
o Base
o AYBABTU History
o Also by codemonkey_uk

The Onion in "All Your Base" Story Actually Funny Shocker! | 20 comments (5 topical, 15 editorial, 0 hidden)
You Make Funny Post! (1.04 / 25) (#1)
by greyrat on Thu Mar 22, 2001 at 11:58:45 AM EST

Har! Har! Har!
~ ~ ~
Did I actually read the article? No. No I didn't.
"Watch out for me nobbystyles, Gromit!"

Okay, now it's officially old. (3.81 / 11) (#6)
by marlowe on Thu Mar 22, 2001 at 12:07:51 PM EST

The Onion is where tired memes go to die.

Nah (4.33 / 6) (#9)
by 0xdeadbeef on Thu Mar 22, 2001 at 12:25:02 PM EST

It'll be a dead meme when we see it in sitcoms and MTV. I won't let it go until I see it displayed on the giant screen at a baseball game.

It was already on MTV (4.60 / 5) (#17)
by Wah on Thu Mar 22, 2001 at 03:45:41 PM EST

or at least Loveline. You can pull down the clip off one of those links, or right here. I did see an AYBABTU t-shirt yesterday though, not a gigantic screen, but it's going to happen. Personally I still think it's kinda funny.
Fail to Obey?
Apple gets AYBABTU! (4.00 / 3) (#18)
by imperium on Thu Mar 22, 2001 at 06:21:25 PM EST

On the Apple website, there's a fat movie (11 Mb!) about customising some Apple mail client. One of the messages in the demo has the subject line 'Re: FW: FW: All your base are belong to u'. If I were All Your Brand, I'd be worried...

x.