Mr T is back !

By Phage in MLP
Mon Mar 12, 2001 at 02:10:19 PM EST
Tags: Humour (all tags)
Humour

If you thought "All your base are belong to us" was an amusing meme, then you should see this.

Be aware that it is a shockwave animation of the sort of poor taste that is only really possible in the ether!

o this.
o Also by Phage

Mr T is back ! | 26 comments (25 topical, 1 editorial, 0 hidden)
I am pleased (3.60 / 5) (#1)
by dyskordus on Thu Mar 08, 2001 at 10:15:39 PM EST

It is good to see the Holy image of T once again. Drink thy holy milk! Wear thy gold! The lord T is returning!

"Reality is less than television."-Brian Oblivion.

Speaking of Mr. T. (4.00 / 3) (#2)
by Seumas on Thu Mar 08, 2001 at 10:17:53 PM EST

Speaking of Mr. T, a few weeks or months ago, you saw him all over doing cheap regional commercials for places like title-lenders and such. Now he's doing big-ass ATT commercials . . .

What I don't get is... I thought he died like a decade ago? I'm only 23, but I swear I thought he died of cancer or heart disease, no?
I just read K5 for the articles.

Mr T (4.80 / 5) (#4)
by Anonymous 6522 on Thu Mar 08, 2001 at 10:32:13 PM EST

A few months ago I saw a biography of Mr. T on TV. He had cancer and recovered. Now, (if i remember correctly) he helps children who have cancer.

He also did InterOp (4.00 / 1) (#14)
by tetsuo on Fri Mar 09, 2001 at 07:56:57 AM EST

Getting a signed autograph from Mr. T is, sadly, the highpoint of my life so far.

Is alive WITH cancer (none / 0) (#24)
by kraft on Wed Mar 14, 2001 at 03:59:19 AM EST

Hurray! The first non-hearsay post in this thread!
From Time Magazine (printed European edition) March 19, 2001, p.72:

"T's setback came in 1995, when he was diagnosed with, no kidding, T-cell lymphoma. [...] Mr. T is still in treatment and admits hes had to turn down some projects."

So please rate down the other reply stating Mr. T is well - unless it can be documented.

-Kraft

a signature has the format "dash-dash-newline-text". dammit.
shockwave (3.00 / 2) (#3)
by Seumas on Thu Mar 08, 2001 at 10:21:05 PM EST

Further proof that the learning curve for shockwave is greater than the quality of the output the time to conquer the curve provides . . . *sigh*!
I just read K5 for the articles.
Is it "Mr. T ate my balls?" (3.50 / 2) (#5)
by Anonymous 6522 on Thu Mar 08, 2001 at 10:35:12 PM EST

I don't have flash on my computer, so could someone fill me in on what this is?

AYBABTU... (5.00 / 1) (#9)
by ragabr on Fri Mar 09, 2001 at 12:26:14 AM EST

this would be a parody based on the beginning of Zero Wing (go to www.gamefaqs.com and search for Zero Wing [genesis ver.]). Mr T battles the CATS because they stole the wheels off of his Custom GM van.

-------
And my tongue would be made of chocolate. Mmmmm. Chocolate.
-rusty
by jayfoo2 on Thu Mar 15, 2001 at 11:33:44 AM EST

thank you thank you thank you thank you

I was monumentally clueless on where the hell that came from.

What it is! (none / 0) (#26)
by Stick on Sun Mar 18, 2001 at 12:48:06 AM EST

Flash is a piece of software made by Macromedia for creating flash movies for the internet. I pity the fool who doesn't know what flash is.

Stick, thine posts bring light to mine eyes, tingles to my loins. Yea, each moment I sit, my monitor before me, waiting, yearning, needing your prose to make the moment complete. - Joh3n
haha thats great (3.20 / 5) (#6)
by rebelcool on Thu Mar 08, 2001 at 10:56:37 PM EST

ALL YOUR BASE BELONG TO MR T!

COG. Build your own community. Free, easy, powerful. Demo site

Ouch. (4.50 / 2) (#7)
by spaceghoti on Thu Mar 08, 2001 at 11:51:19 PM EST

The kindest thing I can say about that little presentation is that it was short.

That was painfully bad, and not in a good way, either.

"Humor. It is a difficult concept. It is not logical." -Saavik, ST: Wrath of Khan

The sad part... (5.00 / 3) (#20)
by michaela on Fri Mar 09, 2001 at 08:43:17 PM EST

is that I'll never be able to have those two minutes back.
That is all
Teaming up with Mr. T (2.50 / 2) (#8)
by Blarney on Fri Mar 09, 2001 at 12:06:52 AM EST

Teaming up with Mr. T
those sweet tasty T's
one bite and you're gonna be
teaming with the team
that's teaming up with Mr. T
teaming up with Mr. T

Stop your Jibba Jabba (4.83 / 12) (#10)
by gridwerk on Fri Mar 09, 2001 at 01:02:43 AM EST

I pity the fool who votes this a -1

Mr. Who? (4.00 / 5) (#11)
by duxup on Fri Mar 09, 2001 at 01:04:48 AM EST

And here I was thinking they were talking about Linus Torvalds. Fortunately there isn't much room for confusion in the video.

Well maybe a little.

Dear god... (2.25 / 4) (#12)
by Zeram on Fri Mar 09, 2001 at 01:28:18 AM EST

My soul is burning!
<----^---->
Like Anime? In the Philly metro area? Welcome to the machine...
Where's the black pimpin' van? (4.50 / 2) (#15)
by lucas on Fri Mar 09, 2001 at 08:40:28 AM EST

This looks like an old-school NES game; it's completely cool like that.

I would have thought that Mr. T would have jumped through a wall or something, like the Kool-Aid Man. Remember? Except he wouldn't yell, "Oh yeah!" He'd probably come out, guns drawn, like B.A. Barracus in the A-Team.

That van (in the A-Team) was such a PimpMobile; it even had a (useless) spoiler at the top of it and 80's pinstriping that miraculously was never scraped off when they drove it through brick walls and iron gates.

some people (none / 0) (#16)
by unstable on Fri Mar 09, 2001 at 09:31:12 AM EST

just have WAAAAAYYY to much free time on there hands

Reverend Unstable
all praise the almighty Bob
and be filled with slack

Mr. T. ate my balls (2.00 / 1) (#17)
by Hizonner on Fri Mar 09, 2001 at 10:13:28 AM EST

The first thing I thought of when I saw "All your base are belong to us" was the "ate my balls" Web craze from around 1995. Which started with "Mr. T. ate my balls".

I am not sure what this says about me, the Net, or people in general.

What I want to see... (none / 0) (#18)
by westgeof on Fri Mar 09, 2001 at 12:56:17 PM EST

Maybe some of the younger generation wouldn't get it, but I would love to see a Mr T "Got Milk" commercial :-)
"I pity the fool who don't drink his milk"
Too perfect....

BTW, anyone else remember his cartoon? Hard to believe he just dropped out of sight, but I guess cancer will do that to ya

As a child, I wanted to know everything. Now I miss my ignorance
Hehe (5.00 / 2) (#19)
by misterluke on Fri Mar 09, 2001 at 03:32:04 PM EST

But I wonder how they got Mr. T on the spaceship without Murdock feeding him a drugged hamburger or something.

Take off every 'zig', fool.

Another entry... (5.00 / 4) (#21)
by iGrrrl on Sat Mar 10, 2001 at 11:26:33 AM EST

...in a long and faithful line of Mr. T vs Everything.

Examples include: Mr. T vs:

The Blair Witch
Captain Kirk
Dragon Ball Z
Ricky Martin
South Park
The Winchester Gilbert and Sullivan Appreciation Society

You cannot have a reasonable conversation with someone who regards other people as toys to be played with. localroger
remove apostrophe for email.

Mr. T -- ate CATS' balls? (3.00 / 2) (#22)
by VValdo on Mon Mar 12, 2001 at 05:08:23 PM EST

Let anyone forget, probably the mother of all goofy Mahir/All Your Base/Supergreg*/Hamsterdance sites which spawned a thousand parodies:

Mr T. Ate My Balls

W

*yes I now supergreg is fake, but goddamn if he ain't hilarious.

This is my .sig. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Alright... (none / 0) (#23)
by NovaHeat on Tue Mar 13, 2001 at 07:53:53 PM EST

Okay, not only does Mr. T absolutely own, but the whole "ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!" thing is pretty funny. The joining of the two is only a recipe for hillarity. That short shockwave file is better than either "The Mexican" or "15 Minutes" which i saw this weekend.

-----

Rose clouds of flies.

Mr T is back ! | 26 comments (25 topical, 1 editorial, 0 hidden)