The future of e-learning (Britney's Guide to Semiconductor Physics)

By mpawlo in MLP
Fri May 04, 2001 at 02:43:22 PM EST
Tags: Humour (all tags)
Humour

On a semi-serious note, Britney Spears appears to be a great semiconductor physicist. The only sad thing is that semiconductor physics never was this fun when I was in school. If this is what e-learning is about, I can spot a very bright future!

What future applications can you think of?
I would love reading with Jackson Five ("A, B, C"), home economics with Def Leppard ("Pour some sugar on me") and business with Jennifer Lopez ("My love don't cost a thing").

Seriously speaking, I think this is absolutely great. Using popstars and celebrities like this might actually increase interest in learning.

Who is your choice of math teacher?
o Stephen Hawkins 30%
o Britney Spears 9%
o Christina Aguilera 28%
o Bridget Hall 3%
o Matt Damon 5%
o Jude Law 7%
o Jon Bon Jovi 3%
o Linus Torvalds 15%

o Britney Spears
o Also by mpawlo

The future of e-learning (Britney's Guide to Semiconductor Physics) | 20 comments (18 topical, 2 editorial, 0 hidden)
In a similar vein. (4.50 / 8) (#2)
by Merekat on Wed May 02, 2001 at 06:02:42 AM EST

www.routergod.com

Gillian Anderson, Liz Hurley, Robert Downey Jr. and others share their tips on networking using Cisco routers.
I've always had the greatest respect for other peoples crack-pot beliefs.
- Sam the Eagle, The Muppet Show

Love Routergod (none / 0) (#4)
by mpawlo on Wed May 02, 2001 at 07:46:50 AM EST

This is great. Are there more sites like this?
Pawlo.com
But... (none / 0) (#17)
by Miniluv on Fri May 04, 2001 at 12:59:03 AM EST

Routergod is actually funny because it's not just pictures spliced into an article, with a little "graphing" done over the photo. Instead it's actual "in character" information. The bit of Seven-of-Nine doing OSPF absolutely killed me. Whereas this piece of HTML wizardry merely caused a rolled eyes and sighed "Geeks have no clue what humor is" comment.

Applied Solipsism worked for me.
It's not new... (3.50 / 2) (#3)
by decaf_dude on Wed May 02, 2001 at 06:22:42 AM EST

I've seen this page something like a year ago, someone linked it in a /. comment I believe. Funny nevertheless, I give it +1.

Someone already mentioned RouterGod

Pink Floyd (money) for economics (3.75 / 4) (#5)
by unstable on Wed May 02, 2001 at 09:58:52 AM EST

Also for
World Economics: Rush (Big Money)
Art: Rolling Stones (Paint it Black)
Gym: Van Halen (Jump)

Reverend Unstable
all praise the almighty Bob
and be filled with slack

screw semiconductor physics (3.00 / 2) (#9)
by alprazolam on Wed May 02, 2001 at 01:21:05 PM EST

i want to learn about human physiology from brittney. or maybe just attend a lecture on 'how to smother a man with two large breasts'

Why? (5.00 / 2) (#10)
by error 404 on Wed May 02, 2001 at 03:53:16 PM EST

Do you have a problem with men with large breasts?
..................................
Electrical banana is bound to be the very next phase
- Donovan

yes (5.00 / 1) (#11)
by alprazolam on Wed May 02, 2001 at 04:03:01 PM EST

I hate them all. In my days as a South African youth roving gangs of large breasted men routinely pillaged my home and raped my mother. I fear I will never lose this hatred I have for them.

Some other honorable mentions: (none / 0) (#18)
by DrEvil on Fri May 04, 2001 at 05:53:11 PM EST

I could go on, but I'll stop. Some of these are pusing it, oh well...

Aerobics with the Proclaimers (500 miles) (4.20 / 5) (#6)
by _Quinn on Wed May 02, 2001 at 10:37:47 AM EST

Biology with Savage Garden (The Animal Song)

Geography with Elton John and U2 (The Road to El Dorado, Where the Streets Have No Name)

Astronomy with They Might Be Giants (Why Does the Sun Shine?)

Logic and Reasoning with Simon & Garfunkle (The Sound of Silence)

-_Quinn
Reality Maintenance Group, Silver City Construction Co., Ltd.
Lyric Geography (5.00 / 1) (#13)
by Komodo321 on Thu May 03, 2001 at 01:55:14 AM EST

Is best taught with Jimmy Buffet music. All of the fundamental themes of geography can be illustrated with songs like Changes in Latitude, Changes in Atitude, Volcano, Jamaica Mistaka and One particular Harbor. Sucessful students recieve a diploma from Margaritaville University.

True! (none / 0) (#14)
by _Quinn on Thu May 03, 2001 at 03:05:12 AM EST

I bow to your Lyric Studies-fu.

-_Quinn
Reality Maintenance Group, Silver City Construction Co., Ltd.
Britney Speaks Greek??? (3.00 / 3) (#7)
by Mad Hughagi on Wed May 02, 2001 at 10:43:36 AM EST

I find this a very amusing site, but I think that's about as far as it goes.

The only people who truly get a kick out of this are probably physicists themselves. Anyone in the general public is going to look at this and figure it's just another one of those old Greek internet sites re-vamped with today's poster girl. ;)

Adding incentive to learn probably shouldn't be implemented through things that have no bearing on the topic matter. It would be like advertising a car mechanics training program through "free ____X___". The people that want to learn will go about it - regardless of what is offered, while the people that are just taking part to get the associated benefit probably won't care too much about the actual program itself.

I dunno... maybe I'm being a bit critical of things, but I'm very wary of how our sensationalist culture creeps into things.

HUGHAGI INDUSTRIES

We don't make the products you like, we make you like the products we make.

Coffee Cup Club (4.25 / 4) (#8)
by Luke Francl on Wed May 02, 2001 at 11:27:18 AM EST

The Coffee Cup Club (www.c-cup.com) has/had something similar. It's down at the moment though. Here's the google cache: http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:www.c-cup.com/+&hl=en

C-Cup has stuff like "IRIX Tips from Adult Film Stars", "Supermodels' Guide to the Oracle Database Management System", and "Mega Babes' Guide to the Linux Operating System". The tutorials are graced with tumbnails of very large pictures of very attractive women.

Obligatory Joke (2.50 / 2) (#12)
by Komodo321 on Thu May 03, 2001 at 01:48:54 AM EST

Isn't Silicon a prime semiconductor?

More suggestions... (3.50 / 2) (#15)
by psicE on Thu May 03, 2001 at 05:49:27 PM EST

Spanish from Ricky Martin
Psychology from The Eurythmics (sweet dreams)
A.I. from Styx (Mr. Roboto)
Sex ed from Madonna

And for extracurricular activities:
school newspaper from Crash Test Dummies (Headline News)

This brings new meaning to the song... (none / 0) (#19)
by DrEvil on Fri May 04, 2001 at 08:00:16 PM EST

I'm Afraid of Britney Spears by LiveOnRelease

Stephen Hawkins (none / 0) (#20)
by driftingwalrus on Sat May 12, 2001 at 12:35:43 AM EST