Mice have the balls to be saved

By jd in MLP
Tue Jul 03, 2001 at 06:41:37 AM EST
Tags: Science (all tags)
Science

According to an article by the BBC, endangered mice are being saved by being given nests inside old tennis balls.

Sponsor: rusty
This space intentionally left blank
comments (24)
active | buy ad

unnggggggg....
o ...it's monday, and you want me to be awake enough to read this? 12%
o ...there was chalk dust! Anyone could see there was chalk dust! 14%
o Hey! Those mice get better housing than most humans! And it's rent-free! 40%
o ...where's the coffee... 33%

o BBC
o endangered mice are being saved
o Also by jd

Mice have the balls to be saved | 15 comments (12 topical, 3 editorial, 0 hidden)
I think it needs to be said... (3.70 / 17) (#2)
by Jin Wicked on Mon Jul 02, 2001 at 10:13:38 AM EST

Omigoshlookatthelittlemousieinthetennisballthatisjustsocute!!!!!!!

This post was probably not written by the real Jin Wicked. Please see user "butter pie" for Jin's actual posts.

Yep! (3.50 / 6) (#3)
by MicroBerto on Mon Jul 02, 2001 at 10:31:24 AM EST

+1 - Cute pictures!

Berto
- GAIM: MicroBerto
Bertoline - My comic strip
Predators (4.66 / 6) (#5)
by Devil Ducky on Mon Jul 02, 2001 at 10:35:46 AM EST

It is hoped they will help protect the endangered species from their many predators.
I hope their many predators don't include dogs who like to fetch.

Devil Ducky

Immune to the Forces of Duct Tape
Day trading at it's Funnest
More predators (4.50 / 4) (#6)
by Tatarigami on Mon Jul 02, 2001 at 07:57:24 PM EST

I hope their many predators don't include dogs who like to fetch.

Or retired tennis pros. Have you seen the bite radius on John MacEnroe? Terrifying.

Monday poll? Pish posh. (2.66 / 6) (#7)
by Legolas on Mon Jul 02, 2001 at 08:01:51 PM EST

I got to sleep in until 10am today, because:

1. Sunday was Canada day, and so we get today off (since Canadians hate it when we're gipped days off of work because the holidays fall on weekends), and
2. I'm unemployed. Hopefully I can fix that soon.

In any respect, I'd rather drink a carbonated cola beverage to a coffee beverage anyways.

--Legolas Greenleaf

also, (3.50 / 6) (#8)
by Legolas on Mon Jul 02, 2001 at 08:05:05 PM EST

I'm sorry if I offended someone by using the saying "gipped". I'm aware that it is derogitory towards gipsies, and that I'm a downright bastard for using it. Since the chicks dig me because of my sensitivity, I am downright mortified to realize I used it without thinking. Oh, God, someone please kill me now.

Love,
--Legolas Greenleaf

NOT AGAIN!@ (3.33 / 6) (#9)
by Legolas on Mon Jul 02, 2001 at 08:18:54 PM EST

Great. Now I used "chicks", and just my luck, you're probably one of those "Don't call me a chick" chicks.
>:/

--Legolas Greenleaf

Not to mention the horrible way you... (3.33 / 3) (#12)
by SIGFPE on Mon Jul 02, 2001 at 11:29:41 PM EST

...have offended children of unknown fathers by your flagrant abuse of the word 'bastard'. Shame on you.
SIGFPE
Also, (3.00 / 2) (#15)
by Legolas on Tue Jul 03, 2001 at 09:03:29 AM EST

Somebody will undoubtably take offense to how I use JRR Tolkien's work in vain, or something like that. In our politically correct world, I just can't win.

--Legolas Greenleaf

Umm...maybe I should keep this to myself... (4.20 / 5) (#11)
by psctsh on Mon Jul 02, 2001 at 09:59:39 PM EST

Is it wrong to want to throw one of those?

It's bound to happen (3.50 / 4) (#13)
by John Milton on Tue Jul 03, 2001 at 01:06:17 AM EST

Somewhere there has got to be a Douglas Adams joke that's appropriate for this. Oh well, I can't think of one.

DNA (4.50 / 2) (#14)
by BigZaphod on Tue Jul 03, 2001 at 04:01:18 AM EST

Maybe we can determine the possibility that there may (or may not) be an appropriate Douglas Adams-related joke by discussing the idea on a few chat shows.

Err.. Maybe I should be getting to bed.. :-)

"We're all patients, there are no doctors, our meds ran out a long time ago and nobody loves us." - skyknight