They're going to find me, I know it!

By duxup in MLP
Wed Aug 22, 2001 at 03:09:16 PM EST
Tags: Help! (Ask Kuro5hin) (all tags)
Help! (Ask Kuro5hin)

Anyone know where I can dump 1075 hot bras really fast?

o Anyone know where I can dump 1075 hot bras really fast?
o Also by duxup

They're going to find me, I know it! | 28 comments (20 topical, 8 editorial, 3 hidden)
Goddamn looters! (4.53 / 15) (#1)
by Ayn Rand on Wed Aug 22, 2001 at 03:41:15 AM EST

It makes me sick to see property rights violated like this! If they had an ounce, nay, a milligram of decency, they'd get a job and EARN those bras!

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. **ba-dump tchsssss**

When the revolution comes, we're gonna need a pretty big wall.

Another store (3.87 / 8) (#2)
by driptray on Wed Aug 22, 2001 at 03:43:55 AM EST

The answer is obvious. You sell them to another store, one with an unscrupolous owner/manager who doesn't mind buying stolen goods.

Clothes get stolen in large amounts from stores all the time.

We brought the disasters. The alcohol. We committed the murders. - Paul Keating
Shrinkage? (4.46 / 15) (#6)
by Anonymous 242 on Wed Aug 22, 2001 at 07:29:10 AM EST

"I've never been in the Victoria's Secret store," Edwards said. "I don't know what it looks like. But they're definitely having some shrinkage."
Anyone else experience shrinkage in a lingerie store? I typically experience the opposite phenomenon.

-l

EBaying bras.... (4.00 / 3) (#7)
by Elkor on Wed Aug 22, 2001 at 08:24:47 AM EST

Actually, I wouldn't rule out the EBay opportunity.

The thieves could either be waiting a little while, or have a cohort in another city/state/country posting the auctions. I don't think there is an ebay rule that goods must ship from the same location the seller is at.

Not that I want to give anyone any ideas, mind. :) I am sure we are all law-abiding citizens here on k5.

Regards,
Elkor

"I won't tell you how to love God if you don't tell me how to love myself."
-Margo Eve
1000 bras in 2 shopping bags?! (4.75 / 4) (#8)
by erlando on Wed Aug 22, 2001 at 08:36:19 AM EST

Because the lingerie is not particularly substantial, the 1,000 bras could have been taken from the store in two large shopping bags

Ehm.. They'd have to be very unsubstantial to fit into two shopping bags.. I mean.. A thousand?! Either that or we are dealing with some large shopping bags here.. And I wonder if the clerks wouldn't have noticed? :o)

One thing's for sure.. We're not talking lingerie for Lara Croft here.. ;o)

Nothing to see here...

Maybe (4.00 / 2) (#17)
by duxup on Wed Aug 22, 2001 at 12:01:22 PM EST

On the surface I'd totally agree with you. However the bras were stolen from the boxes that they're shipped in. They might have been just some lacy little things tightly packed . . . although even then it does seem like a lot of bras.

But I wouldn't know anything about that . . . unless you're look'n for some bras, cheap, no questions asked :-)

Listen, guys (4.20 / 5) (#12)
by yankeehack on Wed Aug 22, 2001 at 10:07:32 AM EST

for all you know, it could've been some women who stole the bras...think about it this way, someone stole 1000 bras valued at $35K, which means the bras were an avg of $35 each.

Charging $35 for what amounts to a piece of lace, two straps and an underwire is just as nearly criminal, especially since most of that money probably goes to busty Frederica or or Tyra or whoever is the model of the month in the catalog. Imagine the uproar at a guy spending $35 for a cup and strap. Then again, the companies who make those straps don't offer beefcake catalogs or late night commercials.

/End humor

Perhaps what we really need is a new feminism...It will focus on something that liberal feminism has failed to do--instill a sense of dignity, honor and s

VC (3.75 / 4) (#13)
by starbreeze on Wed Aug 22, 2001 at 10:14:25 AM EST

uh. i havent read the article yet. but. i buy ONLY victorias secret dream angels bras, and they all cost $34 apiece. it is insane but they are damn comfy. i'd steal em if i could :P

while we're bitching about VC, the damn second skin satin underwear is $14/pair!! they have those nice buy 2, get 2 free sales tho. i can handle $7/pair.

my brother's fiancee's mom now works for MaidenForm tho, who makes VC underwear, so now i get my stuff cheap :)

~~~~~~~~~
"There's something strangely musical about noise." ~Trent Reznor

Oh, come on (none / 0) (#20)
by trhurler on Wed Aug 22, 2001 at 03:58:34 PM EST

The sexism allusion is just plain wrong; the "fashion" industry screws everyone as hard as it can, because that's how it makes money. Also, note that this was a Victoria's Secret store that got ripped off. Not a Wal-Mart or even just a department store. When you go to specialty shops, you usually pay more - even if you're a guy!

'God dammit, your posts make me hard.' --LilDebbie

Hmm... (4.60 / 5) (#14)
by codepoet on Wed Aug 22, 2001 at 11:05:11 AM EST

I think we need a new phrase: Free as in Bras. Blows the hell out of "warezing," now doesn't it?

<cargogod> the bad part about potheads is that they think that they're being really profound while they eat everything in your fridge
Goes to show... (3.00 / 1) (#18)
by jd on Wed Aug 22, 2001 at 02:36:03 PM EST

Where there's muck, there's bras. (Sorry! :)

The odds are simply befuddling... (4.00 / 1) (#19)
by Dref on Wed Aug 22, 2001 at 03:27:41 PM EST

1) Thief makes off with 1000 bras from victoria secret.

2) Thief goes back for 75 more bras.

3) Local paper puts article about bizarre robbery on website.

4) Article finds it's way to MLP on K5.

4) I read the article.

5) Oh, the theft took place in Rochester, MN. I lived there for 8 months nearly 2 years ago. I now live almost 600 miles away and haven't been back there since moving.

6) Oh, near the end of the article it is mentioned that this particular victoria secret is located in the Apache Mall.

7) I know where that is...

8) Hey, I bought lingerie from that victoria secret!

Does anybody want to run the odds on that for me? I am seriously bemused by all this... That was the first time I'd ever bought lingerie. Get your mind out of the gutter! It was for my girlfriend. I can't wait to get home and tell her that the 600-mile-distant store that I bought lingerie from for her two years ago has had 1075 bras stolen.

Q: Where I can dump 1075 hot bras really fast? (3.00 / 1) (#21)
by jabber on Wed Aug 22, 2001 at 04:42:39 PM EST

A: Why, the Grand Canyon of course...

As titilating as the story is, let's not make mountains out of mole-hills here..

I'm sorry.. That was completely juvenile..

[TINK5C] |"Is K5 my kapusta intellectual teddy bear?"| "Yes"

IBMers (4.00 / 1) (#22)
by CodeBhikkhu on Wed Aug 22, 2001 at 05:36:05 PM EST

Maybe someone from IBM Rochester lifted them and is planning on distributing them to their department as Christmas gifts! I wonder if they were all blue bras. Nothing like hometown news on the front page!

CodeBhikkhu
"A week long Dalai Lama Fantasy Camp where you get to run around in red robes and eat rice and chant mantras with the Twelfth son of the Lama himself wont teach you what zen is." -- skyhook
thank god there's hope. (4.00 / 2) (#23)
by gtx on Wed Aug 22, 2001 at 09:07:50 PM EST

in the article, that one guy said that he's never been in a victoria's secret before. and i got to thinking 'jesus christ, *I* have been shopping for/with girls in victoria's secret before."

then it hit me

i'm *not* the most pathetic person on the planet. somebody else is! thank god** there's still hope for me yet!

-c

**please substitute the name of your favorite deity in place of 'god'

--------
i don't have anything clever to write here.
They want bras.... (5.00 / 2) (#24)
by Comblock on Thu Aug 23, 2001 at 07:13:45 PM EST

Try here:

- Big Giant Bra Ball http://www.nicolinosbraball.com/

- Bra Ball http://www.braball.com/

Their "disagreement" is pretty funny.

The Big Giant Bra Ball was in my town for several days, about a month ago, I shot over 100 images of it, the looks it would get were great.

this is the most amazing thing about the story (4.00 / 1) (#25)
by kimodo on Thu Aug 23, 2001 at 10:29:16 PM EST

can you believe security is this bad in a mall named apache??

/* my first comment on kuro5hin.org */