tales for the l33t

By duxup in MLP
Thu Sep 27, 2001 at 06:50:32 PM EST
Tags: Humour (all tags)
Humour

Take l33t, Alfred Hitchcock, Shakespeare, a great soundtrack, and modern day online immaturity and mix it all together and you've got tales for the l33t, a shockwave movie (5.75MB) that makes for a ROFL good time.

Note for K5ers at work: While tales for the l33t is not audibly offensive, some images and text may fall in the inappropriate category, and unless you're assured of privacy, I would save it for later (but vote +1FP just for kicks).

For those of you at home, crank up the sound for an OMG experience.

o tales for the l33t
o Also by duxup

tales for the l33t | 19 comments (15 topical, 4 editorial, 0 hidden)
So Funny (5.00 / 1) (#2)
by hulver on Wed Sep 26, 2001 at 12:22:50 PM EST

LOL, then ROFL. It's so funny. No sound here at work though. :(
The bit when Romeo finds out the Juliet is dead is great.

HuSi!
Encore ! Encore! (5.00 / 1) (#4)
by EinsteinsProdigy on Wed Sep 26, 2001 at 12:38:47 PM EST

That fuckin rocked!!!! It was definitely satirically brilliant.

"Sure, it would be nice if Europeans agreed on a single language, but that's about as likely as Unix users agreeing on a single text editor." -Eloquence
Chris Coutts (none / 0) (#6)
by duxup on Wed Sep 26, 2001 at 01:06:51 PM EST

There's more. Note that what does suxor mean? is VERY long, so you'll need some time for that one.

I must have clicked the wrong link or something (4.33 / 3) (#7)
by DesiredUsername on Wed Sep 26, 2001 at 01:09:05 PM EST

What I got was an overused cliche--rewriting Romeo and Juliet for "today" for the purposes of humor. Here's a hint: when you see a comedic device on Mr Belevedere, it's no longer funny.

Play 囲碁
Too bad (none / 0) (#8)
by duxup on Wed Sep 26, 2001 at 01:12:20 PM EST

I think there's a ton more in that video that what you've sighted.

Like what? (none / 0) (#10)
by DesiredUsername on Wed Sep 26, 2001 at 01:34:47 PM EST

Does it ever stop being stick figures making idiotic and misspelled comments with brief snatches of lame music? If so, is there some way I can fast forward to that point?

Play 囲碁
Damn kuro5hin is funny today (5.00 / 1) (#9)
by gromgull on Wed Sep 26, 2001 at 01:26:50 PM EST

I finished work 1.5 hours ago, and I havent been able to go home yet.

If I had my way I'd have all of you shot

Sleep (none / 0) (#11)
by duxup on Wed Sep 26, 2001 at 01:57:39 PM EST

I should have been asleep 2 hours ago! L0L!

OMG (none / 0) (#12)
by duxup on Wed Sep 26, 2001 at 01:58:10 PM EST

Wait not 2 . . . Thr33!

OK (5.00 / 1) (#13)
by Arkady on Wed Sep 26, 2001 at 02:11:48 PM EST

That was funny. I must admit I laughed out loud quite a few times.

Next time, though, could you post the link directly to the SWF file for those of us on operating systems (BeOS, in my case) with Flash players that can't do embed? I had to grovel the HTML to get the actual file link.

-robin

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere Anarchy is loosed upon the world.

Will do (none / 0) (#17)
by duxup on Fri Sep 28, 2001 at 07:23:10 AM EST

Remote loading restrictions (4.00 / 1) (#18)
by pin0cchio on Fri Sep 28, 2001 at 11:10:31 AM EST

This doesn't always work, as some free hosting services 403 (forbid) all accesses to non-HTML files that don't have a Referer: from the same site so that one user doesn't eat all the service's bandwidth without showing advertisements.

lj65
A Poll? (5.00 / 1) (#15)
by Tachys on Fri Sep 28, 2001 at 04:00:07 AM EST

Hey you forgot a poll

What you think of tales for the l33t?

It Rox0r
It Sux0r
ROFL
You're a faggot
This poll is gay

Any game that gets banned by the Austrailian govt can't be all bad... - Armaphine

Slightly after (none / 0) (#16)
by debolaz on Fri Sep 28, 2001 at 05:07:25 AM EST

No doubt in my mind its a rofling time to watch it, but its old, and you dont see me wee'ing over all your base anymore either do you? :)

If they can buy one, why can't we?
Updated Link (none / 0) (#19)
by duxup on Tue Sep 10, 2002 at 10:16:48 AM EST

Here

tales for the l33t | 19 comments (15 topical, 4 editorial, 0 hidden)