Antigravity: Solving the Riddle of Dark Energy

By rajivvarma in News
Sat Feb 19, 2000 at 04:46:26 PM EST
Tags: etc (all tags)
/etc

From msnbc.com comes a link describing Saul Perlmutter's quest to find this mysterious force. The story also delves into tons of other topics, such as "quark soup", the history of antigravity, and how the universe will the end.

o msnbc.com
o link
o Also by rajivvarma

Antigravity: Solving the Riddle of Dark Energy | 8 comments (8 topical, editorial, 0 hidden)
I would like to hear about a breakt... (none / 0) (#3)
by derick on Sat Feb 19, 2000 at 05:36:38 PM EST

derick voted 0 on this story.

I would like to hear about a breakthrough in anti-gravity, but this is just a bunch of fluff

This is science, not technology. It... (none / 0) (#1)
by xah on Sat Feb 19, 2000 at 06:15:11 PM EST

xah voted -1 on this story.

This is science, not technology. It doesn't fit with this site's mission.

It's interesting (none / 0) (#4)
by delmoi on Sat Feb 19, 2000 at 10:55:27 PM EST

It is sciance, and it's at least somewhat interesting. If it itself isn't sciance, its at least about sciance

"'argumentation' is not a word, idiot." -- thelizman
Re: This is science, not technology. It... (none / 0) (#8)
by Anonymous Hero on Sun Feb 20, 2000 at 02:40:57 PM EST

Arent the two interlinked?

I left physics behind in favor of c... (none / 0) (#2)
by jwy on Sat Feb 19, 2000 at 07:36:53 PM EST

jwy voted 1 on this story.

I left physics behind in favor of computer science about 4 years ago. However, I still love to read about the current state of physics research, especially since I no longer have the mathematical ability to read physics journals.

Re: comment (none / 0) (#6)
by tmbell on Sun Feb 20, 2000 at 05:11:18 AM EST

how did your comment score a 1? is 1 better than 0?

I don't know (none / 0) (#7)
by Anonymous Hero on Sun Feb 20, 2000 at 05:27:09 AM EST

Maybe beacuse I'm a logged on user, posting as 'anonymous hero', or somthing...

Re: comment (none / 0) (#9)
by fvw on Sun Feb 20, 2000 at 09:40:56 PM EST

It's not better, just different. :-)

As far as I can see, the default score for logged in users has become 1.

Antigravity: Solving the Riddle of Dark Energy | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 editorial, 0 hidden)