Happy St. Pat's

By rusty in News
Fri Mar 17, 2000 at 04:54:07 PM EST
Tags: Kuro5hin.org (all tags)
Kuro5hin.org

Just a quick note-- for anyone who cares, my lovely and talented girlfriend and I are throwing a St. Patrick's day party tonight, which will be webcast live on the RustyCam, starting at 9ish EST. So if you're bored, and have a yen to see what some of my friends and relatives look like, tune in. :-) I'll be grabbing stills at random intervals, and if anyone cares, I'll post some captioned frames next week. So let me know if you care (I won't be offended if you don't). Update [2000-3-17 19:21:1 by rusty]: For your convenience, the cam appears below. Click "Read More" to watch all the fun. :-)

Note: the image updates every fifteen seconds or so. If it's not refreshing when you reload the page, you're looking at a cached image. Try shift-reload, or just load the image by itself in your browser (http://images.kuro5hin.org/webcam.jpg).

You cannot look away. Even for a second. I might move.

o Kuro5hin
o RustyCam
o http://ima ges.kuro5hin.org/webcam.jpg
o Also by rusty

Happy St. Pat's | 12 comments (12 topical, editorial, 0 hidden)
Green beer.. ... (none / 0) (#3)
by Inoshiro on Fri Mar 17, 2000 at 02:51:28 PM EST

Inoshiro voted 1 on this story.

Green beer.. I hope it tastes good :)

[ イノシロ ]

Re: Green beer..... (none / 0) (#6)
by rusty on Fri Mar 17, 2000 at 05:03:05 PM EST

Ugh! Good god man, no self-respecting human should be caught dead drinking green beer. No, no, we'll have Murphy's stout (mmmmm) and Guinness for the watery-beer-loving yuppie pansies. All the food has Guinness in it too, which is as it should be, IMO. Guinness is cooking beer, Murphy's is drinking beer. Green liquid of asny kind, on the other hand, is usually either radiator fluid ar Gatorade, neither of which is fit for human consumption.

____
Not the real rusty
Re: Green beer..... (none / 0) (#9)
by Inoshiro on Fri Mar 17, 2000 at 05:42:07 PM EST

I've never had green beer because I was not of drinking age until recently (19 here).

Oh well. I hope this doesn't affect code improvements to K5 :-)

[ イノシロ ]
Re: Green beer..... (none / 0) (#10)
by analog on Fri Mar 17, 2000 at 06:02:46 PM EST

Hey Rusty, you have any of that stout left over, let me know. I need to patch some holes in the asphalt in my driveway...

Gotta post those stills!!... (none / 0) (#2)
by bmetzler on Fri Mar 17, 2000 at 02:59:06 PM EST

bmetzler voted 1 on this story.

Gotta post those stills!!
www.bmetzler.org - it's not just a personal weblog, it's so much more.

I care. I really really care! Wha... (none / 0) (#1)
by ebunga on Fri Mar 17, 2000 at 03:17:29 PM EST

ebunga voted 1 on this story.

I care. I really really care! What wonderous things shall we see Live! on the RustyCam[tm]? Will it be good? Will it be bad? Regardless, it will be interesting. Jenni cam is poo! RustyCam is the way of the future. I wish I had friends, and stuff, so I could have a party. Nobody likes me, so I just sit at home, alone. Just ignore what I said. I think I just figured out why the city traffic engineering dept. is getting ready to put out baracades. I had no idea what parade they were planning. What can you expect? I'm not Irish.

Culture, yes. :)... (1.00 / 1) (#5)
by locutus074 on Fri Mar 17, 2000 at 03:51:22 PM EST

locutus074 voted 0 on this story.

Culture, yes. :)
"If you haven't gotten where you're going,
you aren't there yet." --George Carlin

Ha ha, cool. ... (none / 0) (#4)
by julian on Fri Mar 17, 2000 at 04:54:07 PM EST

julian voted 1 on this story.

Ha ha, cool. As long as we can see the cat, of course :)
-- Julian (x-virge)

Re: Ha ha, cool.... (none / 0) (#7)
by henrik on Fri Mar 17, 2000 at 05:05:17 PM EST

I second that..
I wanna see the cat for once - i've *never* seen it! :)

Akademiska Intresseklubben antecknar!
Re: Happy St. Pat's (none / 0) (#8)
by rob on Fri Mar 17, 2000 at 05:26:50 PM EST

Happy St. Pats Rusty, I'll check out your cam while I drink beer in the slums of Nevada....

You have more friends than I do (none / 0) (#11)
by fluffy grue on Sat Mar 18, 2000 at 12:29:51 AM EST

I only have a few friends, and whenever I invite them over for something (such as watching movies) something always comes up, like the bulb in my LCD projector burning out or someone needing to study for a midterm or something similarly stupid. I'm also boring and way too introverted to get any parties going anyway, and I don't like spending lots of money on alcohol (and when I do, it's good stuff like gin or "exotic" stuff like midori or sake, which people don't appreciate). I'd probably end up like Wyatt in Weird Science - a great party going on, and me hiding in the bathroom until the teachers living out their S&M biker fantasies crash through the windows, shotguns blazing. God damn that's a cool movie. I wish Sci-Fi Channel wasn't so bad about censoring every little word like "ass" or "bitch" though. They even censor their own shows, like Good Vs. Evil and stuff. I'm surprised they let the word "ass" through on Farscape and Lexx now and then.

Can't you see how pathetically bored and lonely I am?
"Is not a quine" is not a quine.
I have a master's degree in science!

[ Hug Your Trikuare ]

The next day.. (none / 0) (#12)
by Inoshiro on Sat Mar 18, 2000 at 12:55:59 PM EST

Now that the party's over, and such, where are highlight photoes, and pictures of the kitty?

Come on! :)

[ イノシロ ]

Happy St. Pat's | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 editorial, 0 hidden)