IRC Forum: Interview rusty and Inoshiro

By rusty in News
Tue Sep 19, 2000 at 01:55:43 PM EST
Tags: Kuro5hin.org (all tags)
Kuro5hin.org

The fine folks at slashnet, who host #kuro5hin will be hosting a forum with Inoshiro and I, on Saturday the 23rd, at 5PM PDT (that's 8PM US Eastern, adjust as necessary for other timezones). Join #forum on irc.kuro5hin.org, and ask us anything that's on your mind. We'll post a log of the interview here afterward. See you then!

o Kuro5hin
o slashnet
o #kuro5hin
o Also by rusty

IRC Forum: Interview rusty and Inoshiro | 7 comments (6 topical, 1 editorial, 0 hidden)
irc always... (2.66 / 3) (#2)
by phunbalanced on Tue Sep 19, 2000 at 02:17:39 PM EST

I don't really follow this. How come there has to be a special forum for this, when there's always a #kuro5hin channel anyways?

I think dj and I will login and start discussing... umm current politics, yeah, that's it.

Re: irc always... (4.75 / 4) (#3)
by rusty on Tue Sep 19, 2000 at 02:22:03 PM EST

The forums are more structured. Basically, you log in to #forum, and me & Ino log in to a different channel. You msg questions to a bot, and the admins weed out the good questions and order the bot to ask them to us. So, it works much more like a real interview, instead of logging in to #kuro5hin and trying to get our attention over everyone else talking. Plus, at the end there's a nice log we can post. :-)

____
Not the real rusty
thief! (1.50 / 4) (#4)
by phunbalanced on Tue Sep 19, 2000 at 02:28:55 PM EST

bastard, stole my quote... <grin>

;)

later.

Re: irc always... (4.00 / 4) (#5)
by tokage on Wed Sep 20, 2000 at 12:27:44 AM EST

hehe, people joining #kuro5hin for serious questions could get ugly..especially late at night:

Luser: So how do you see the direction of k5 changing now that you've had such an influx of attention and growth?

Inoshiro: well im candian, up here we dont like change much i reckon..we'll just shoot some people.

Luser: What do you mean shoot? A verbal diatribe?

Inoshiro: slashdot bought me pizza, it was good

hurstdog: I've written an exploit for an online pizza place which will give me free pizza and make me god!@

DJBonghit: Man, you'd so be god..where do you live? munchikin munchies

rusty: !@# stfu im trying to work!!! hey, pizza?

acb: the AUD will rise and strike down the USD! then i shall buy pizza

then theres me..idle often, but nutty and useless when not:)

on a side note, both roger waters -and- david gilmour(pinkfloyd) did the same type of thing on irc, moderated channel, it was pretty sweet..altho they came on from aol accounts and were on an msnbc irc server;)

I always play / Russian roulette in my head / It's 17 black, or 29 red

Re: irc always... (4.00 / 1) (#6)
by phunbalanced on Wed Sep 20, 2000 at 10:40:15 AM EST

lmao.... what, did you copy this directly from irc? lol... oy I need to get out more.

what about... (3.00 / 5) (#7)
by rusty on Fri Sep 22, 2000 at 11:04:33 AM EST

He forgot to copy the bit where I bitch about people using buggy browsers like Net+ and Opera, and Gandalf gets all miffed and goes off to BeInsulted. ;-)

____