The Freewinds Are Carcinogenic

By LilDebbie in News
Thu May 08, 2008 at 08:02:01 PM EST
Tags: Freewinds, Scientology, blue, asbestos, Curacao, CDM, Tom Cruise (all tags)

Dry dock workers of the Curacao Dry Dock Company (CDM) discovered dangerous levels of blue asbestos while conducting routine repairs on the Freewinds, flagship of the Church of Scientology's Sea Org and home to the Flag Ship Service Organization (FSSO). Scientologists like John Travolta and Tom Cruise attended several events and religious get-aways aboard the luxury cruise liner and subsequentally were potentially exposed to the deadly carcinogen.

Worse yet, an affidavit signed in 2001 alleging the presence of blue asbestos has surfaced. In it, Lawrence Woodcraft describes encountering "a powdery blue fibrous substance" he identified as asbestos on the ship early 1987. Thousands of tweenage girls the world over are expressing their outrage over the potential threat to their #1 crush by pre-ordering Battletoads this Saturday, May 10th.

Discuss

o has surfaced
o Lawrence Woodcraft
o tweenage girls
o #1 crush
o pre-orderi ng Battletoads
o Also by LilDebbie

The Freewinds Are Carcinogenic | 30 comments (25 topical, 5 editorial, 0 hidden)
Scientology? (2.54 / 11) (#2)
by The Vast Right Wing Conspiracy on Tue May 06, 2008 at 09:37:41 PM EST

gb2/b/ fgt

___
I'm a pompous windbag, I take myself far too seriously, and I single-handedly messed up K5 by causing the fiction section to be created. --localroger

Sonny Bono was a Scientologist? (none / 1) (#3)
by HackerCracker on Tue May 06, 2008 at 10:47:27 PM EST

My world is shattered.

A Scientologist in Congress! (none / 1) (#24)
by Nimey on Thu May 08, 2008 at 11:12:27 PM EST

Never mind, it was just the dog cumming -- jandev
You Sir, are an Ignorant Motherfucker. -- Crawford
I am arguably too manic to do that. -- Crawford
I already fuck my mother -- trane
Nimey is right -- Blastard
i am in complete agreement with Nimey -- i am a pretty big deal

thats why they had to kill him nt (none / 0) (#25)
by circletimessquare on Fri May 09, 2008 at 11:48:46 AM EST

The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.

+1 Battletoads. (2.33 / 3) (#4)
by destroyallofit on Tue May 06, 2008 at 11:17:35 PM EST

I'm such a sucker for the Battletoads bit. I never cease to find this utterly hilarious.

Will the dockworkers (2.75 / 8) (#5)
by rusty on Tue May 06, 2008 at 11:19:55 PM EST

be able to add more dangerous asbestos in an economical way? Do they need donations?

____
Not the real rusty
nah (3.00 / 2) (#6)
by LilDebbie on Tue May 06, 2008 at 11:23:05 PM EST

they're bringing in all woman contractors (who subcontract to men because EWWW ASBESTOS!).

My name is LilDebbie and I have a garden.
- hugin -

But... (3.00 / 7) (#7)
by rusty on Tue May 06, 2008 at 11:26:17 PM EST

Elron never said asbestos was harmful! Why remove it? Why, in fact, not add more? Lovely, fresh-smelling healthful asbestos dust. They could sprinkle it around on the carpets for freshness, and fire resistance.

____
Not the real rusty
lol elron ~ (none / 0) (#26)
by loteck on Fri May 09, 2008 at 02:18:19 PM EST

"You're in tune to the musical sound of loteck hi-fi, the musical sound that moves right round. Keep on moving ya'll." -Mylakovich
"WHAT AN ETERNAL MOBIUS STRIP OF FELLATIATIC BANALITY THIS IS." -Harry B Otch

If you get a pool going (3.00 / 3) (#12)
by Sgt York on Wed May 07, 2008 at 10:22:28 AM EST

I have some pretty nice in-kind donations sitting in the fume hood. I'd be more than happy to donate them, provided it stays at least 500 miles downwind of me or anyone I care about.

There is a reason for everything. Sometimes, that reason just sucks.

you forgot ron paul (3.00 / 2) (#8)
by circletimessquare on Tue May 06, 2008 at 11:58:47 PM EST

ron paul!

The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.

enough slandering of the gentleman from Texas // (3.00 / 2) (#9)
by The Hanged Man on Wed May 07, 2008 at 02:03:58 AM EST

-------------

Dificile est saturam non scribere - Juvenal
ron paul shall be slandered (none / 1) (#14)
by circletimessquare on Wed May 07, 2008 at 12:15:38 PM EST

and i shall slander him

The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.

fuckin (none / 1) (#15)
by ray eckson on Wed May 07, 2008 at 12:20:23 PM EST

lul

wampsy: hey ray why don't you start up a site. you could call it ray5.
rusty: I gotta fix that stupid cancel bug.
booger: How's that for daring to get ray eckson all sniffy, you cow?
poopy: Not that I'm gay or anything, but for you I might make an exception.
THANK YOU (3.00 / 2) (#16)
by j1mmy on Wed May 07, 2008 at 06:11:42 PM EST

that movie looks awesome

+1FP (3.00 / 5) (#11)
by Enlarged to Show Texture on Wed May 07, 2008 at 10:13:36 AM EST

If only to see Debs become a victim of Fair Game

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -- Isaac Asimov
Basically, I'll vote up ANYTHING with Leo in it (3.00 / 2) (#13)
by Hiphopopotamus on Wed May 07, 2008 at 11:18:50 AM EST

_________________

I'm In LOVE!

who else chose Kirstie Alley? (none / 1) (#20)
by nostalgiphile on Wed May 07, 2008 at 10:17:18 PM EST

I'm not ashamed to admit it, come on, tell me...was it you lobo?

"Depending on your perspective you are an optimist or a pessimist[,] and a hopeless one too." --trhurler
Mission Accomplished (none / 1) (#21)
by LilDebbie on Thu May 08, 2008 at 08:04:30 PM EST

DUN-DUN DUH-UH

My name is LilDebbie and I have a garden.
- hugin -

and? (none / 0) (#22)
by ray eckson on Thu May 08, 2008 at 08:09:31 PM EST

should rusty be expecting a lawsuit?

wampsy: hey ray why don't you start up a site. you could call it ray5.
rusty: I gotta fix that stupid cancel bug.
booger: How's that for daring to get ray eckson all sniffy, you cow?
poopy: Not that I'm gay or anything, but for you I might make an exception.
doubtful (none / 0) (#23)
by LilDebbie on Thu May 08, 2008 at 08:51:46 PM EST

they'd have to go after lloyd's of london too.

My name is LilDebbie and I have a garden.
- hugin -

so far, nothing of interest (none / 0) (#28)
by ray eckson on Tue May 13, 2008 at 11:27:50 AM EST

boring story is boring

wampsy: hey ray why don't you start up a site. you could call it ray5.
rusty: I gotta fix that stupid cancel bug.
booger: How's that for daring to get ray eckson all sniffy, you cow?
poopy: Not that I'm gay or anything, but for you I might make an exception.
yeah raids were fail this month (none / 0) (#30)
by LilDebbie on Wed May 14, 2008 at 07:39:16 PM EST

combination of finals keeping a lot of the students away thus depressing our numbers combined with packer leaving scientology, which is win but overshadows teh raidz.

the good news is the raids are getting more sophisticated the world over. britfags have a mobile billboard then drive through london, we had printed balloons to hand out to teh kiddies (ror) and finally a mnfag flag. that and flash raids are happening damn near weekly now. the juggernaut is building momentum. sea arrrgh vs sea org should be fucking tits.

and maybe, just maybe, the weather won't suck this time around. i swear the scilons have weather machines.

My name is LilDebbie and I have a garden.
- hugin -

Big defection three days ago (none / 1) (#27)
by anaesthetica on Fri May 09, 2008 at 11:34:20 PM EST

Lawrence Brennan, one of the Church of Scientology's top legal counsels, left the organization.  He filed an affidavit detailing how the Church sought for and achieved their religious tax-exempt status in order to protect themselves from government oversight.

Also: digg it, you failfucks.

The affidavit is pure gold.

—I'm the little engine that didn't.
k5: our trolls go to eleven
[A]S FAR AS A PERSON'S ACTIONS ARE CONCERNED, IT IS NOT TRUE THAT NOTHING BUT GOOD COMES FROM GOOD AND NOTHING BUT EVIL COMES FROM EVIL, BUT RATHER QUITE FREQUENTLY THE OPPOSITE IS THE CASE. ANYONE WHO DOES NOT REALIZE THIS IS IN FACT A MERE CHILD IN POLITICAL MATTERS. max weber, politics as a vocation

i'm the only one who picked sofia milos? -nt (none / 0) (#29)
by zenofchai on Wed May 14, 2008 at 02:28:36 PM EST