Getting to know Anders Behring Breivik

By Vampire Zombie Abu Musab al Zarqawi in News
Sun Jul 24, 2011 at 02:49:51 PM EST
Tags: assholology (all tags)

By now it's known that the Norwegian bomber/shooter responsible for the loss of more than 80 lives 'probably wasn't' a Jihadist after all, but rather a white, blond aryan type. Right-winger, most definitely, and even self-proclaimed nationalist, but not quite the Neo-Nazi one would expect. He's from the 'nice' part of town, and a bona fide Freemason. The last few years, he's been quite active at the Norwegian xenophobic 'Islam critical' discussion site document.no, who kindly collected his musings in one big html file (everything in Norwegian). The site is currently not responding.

It should be noted about document.no that it's not at all a racist hangout, in that it obsesses about 'culture' rather than 'race', and also has a policy of kicking out racist hate speech. Then again, what is racism, other than an ideological and pseudo-scientific attempt at rationalising and defining one group's inherent superiority vs others? And how does the modern day culture warrior differ? The difference is of course in levels of political incorrectness, in that racists have no credible public voice, whereas the culturalists can and do try to change society at large through participation in political debate. Racism is offensive; culturalism almost PC. That also means that in contrast to racists and Neo-Nazis, it's not a group you'd expect extreme violence from. Neither would document.no, I suppose, and I'm certain that they do not support Behring Breivik's actions. His last comment is from October 2010.

So what's special about Anders Behring Breivik's posts? He does seem particularly obsessed with the problems of Islam and multiculturalism, which he labels 'cultural marxism' and claims, rather weirdly, is an ideology of hate. His world view seems exceptionally simplistic and divorced from reality (from New Years Eve 2009, all translations are my own):

Two basic concepts are emerging as the only ones many use to describe cultural positions:

Cultural conservative (from the word conserve/patriot/nationalist/monocultural) and cultural Marxist (internationalist/multiculturalist/cosmopolitan/globalist).

Even most humanists but also many market liberals are anti-nationalists and therefore by definition cultural Marxists. One supports either multi-culture (cultural Marxist) or monoculture (nationalist), there is nothing in between even though most people dare not admit this yet. Well, there is always multi-culture without Islam which is in between.

At any rate, it's possible that THE [Thomas Hylland Eriksen, a professor of anthropology] does not fill the criteria for a Marxist/communist, but all internationalists are cultural Marxists.

[...]

Old definitions often become invalid. E.g. the British Tories who still dare call themselves conservative support cultural Marxism/multi-culturalism and should therefore change their name.

I'm sure you can see where he's going with this: not exactly the voice of reason. He's bats, but batshit stupid rather than simply crazy. His words are part muck-racking (his Marxist label is obviously void of real meaning), part paranoid construction of two fronts in a conflict. His admission that multi-culture without Islam is 'in between' monoculture and multi-culture may suggest that his own nationalism is not so far from his own views on Islam: his Islam being, of course, monocultural in essence. Like so many straw men, his enemy is a model of himself.

In other comments, his conflating of multi-culture and Marxism serve a more explicit purpose. He argues against the notion of 'moderate Islam' by invoking Godwin: there were moderate Nazis as well, Nazis that didn't support the Holocaust. Should we allow moderate Nazism as well? No, he says (2010-02-17):

To me, it seems very hypocritical to treat Muslims, Nazis and Marxists differently. They're all adherents to ideologies of hate. Not all Muslims, Nazis and Marxists are conservative [Freudian slip: he should say radical], most are moderate. But does it matter? A moderate Nazi can, after being defrauded, choose to become conservative [slip again]. A moderate Muslim can, after being denied entrance to a club, become conservative [slip again!] etc.

It's obvious that moderate adherents to ideologies of hate sooner or later can choose conservatism [he's consistent].

Islam(ism) has historically lead to 300 million deaths
Communism has historically lead to 100 million deaths
Nazism has historically lead to 6-20 million deaths

ALL ideologies of hate should be treated equally.

Not a Nazi then: historically, Nazim is 2 to 6% as bad as Islam (in less than 1% of the time, a pedant might add). And in vocal opposition to ideologies of hate. Some guy.

In the end, he posted a partially disguised work application, suggesting the site hires him as an editor for a dead tree publication. From my understanding of the comment, the site was about to hire a paid journalist, an idea ABB criticises as a waste of money since so many fine writers would be happy to work for free (his own writing being atrocious, he had little chance of becoming a paid journalist himself). The tone seems very happy and optimistic, if a little forced. Of course, he wasn't hired. That's his last comment, from 2010-10-29.

All in all, he seems to be borderline retarded and very hateful, ironically on some kind of crusade against his 'ideologies of hate' Islam and 'cultural Marxism'. There's little in his writing to suggest he should turn violent, though.

o kindly collected his musings
o Thomas Hylland Eriksen
o Also by Vampire Zombie Abu Musab al Zarqawi

Getting to know Anders Behring Breivik | 24 comments (20 topical, 4 editorial, 0 hidden)
Addendum: (none / 0) (#3)
by Vampire Zombie Abu Musab al Zarqawi on Sat Jul 23, 2011 at 10:48:54 AM EST

Swedish newspaper Expo.se reports that ABB also had an account on a Swedish message board that to a larger extent attracts Nazis. I haven't tried finding his comments there, though.

Send the guy to Gitmo anyway (none / 0) (#4)
by Enlarged to Show Texture on Sat Jul 23, 2011 at 11:24:48 AM EST

+1FP

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -- Isaac Asimov
MMM voted (none / 1) (#5)
by Zombie Gautama Buddha on Sat Jul 23, 2011 at 05:06:24 PM EST

At least we know it wasn't him.

yes I noticed that too - who knew he still lurked (none / 0) (#6)
by king of fools on Sat Jul 23, 2011 at 08:39:17 PM EST

around here?

----------------

fade out again

He's too beta for that. $ (none / 0) (#7)
by Nimey on Sat Jul 23, 2011 at 09:50:07 PM EST

Never mind, it was just the dog cumming -- jandev
You Sir, are an Ignorant Motherfucker. -- Crawford
I am arguably too manic to do that. -- Crawford
I already fuck my mother -- trane
Nimey is right -- Blastard
i am in complete agreement with Nimey -- i am a pretty big deal

IS THAT FAGGOT NORWEGIAN? (1.50 / 4) (#16)
by Zombie Tyler Durden on Mon Jul 25, 2011 at 08:03:01 PM EST

ARE WE TALKING MMMe OR MMMa?

DroPPiN Da DeuCe HarDz Kkk0re

MMMa, the one who has been absent from the site (none / 1) (#19)
by king of fools on Wed Jul 27, 2011 at 12:54:33 PM EST

and used to brag about fucking bitches.

----------------

fade out again

He apparently posted a video just before (none / 0) (#8)
by spooky wookie on Sun Jul 24, 2011 at 03:21:01 AM EST

the attacks.

And a "European Declaration Of Independence".

tip jar $ (1.50 / 2) (#9)
by schlouse on Sun Jul 24, 2011 at 04:17:33 AM EST

squarehead assassin... (none / 0) (#12)
by mikelist on Mon Jul 25, 2011 at 09:55:44 AM EST

multiculturalism is a temporary part of the process of assimilation (fucked up but accurate term). successful people tend to live more like 'americans' (or the general population of other host countries, like norway) than those who are not so successful, and may still need the support of others from a similar cultural background. it doesn't need to be forced, it will occur. if you have met second and third generation people, most become less distinct from their more recent immigrant counterparts, with the most successful mainstreaming earliest. i am not suggesting that i believe it is or isn't a good thing, or that it should or shouldn't be changed, merely that it is a very common outcome.

speaking as an American (3.00 / 3) (#18)
by Morally Inflexible on Wed Jul 27, 2011 at 07:41:30 AM EST

I've only recently come to understand what Europeans mean when they speak of "Multiculturalism"   especially when mainstream politicians say things like "multiculturalism has failed"  -  To the American ear, it sounds like they are saying "send the brown people home"  or something to that effect, but that's not what they mean at all.

When a European says "Multiculturalism"  they mean maintaining several distinct and largely separate cultures within the same country.

Now, being an American, I'd call that "segregation" - something that has serious negative connotations.

Yeah, I certainly agree that more successful people seem to mix faster.  Around here, my observation is that labor crews seem to be of one race, while computer janitor crews are usually mixed;  and not only mixed born Americans and foreign nationals, but foreign nationals that come from different countries work together in the same group.

What I find interesting is that this mixing, I think, rather than decreasing the bonus I get for being a white native English speaker, actually increases it.   Sure, I don't speak anything but American English, but I speak it with a standard accent,  and I'm patient enough to keep saying "What did you say?"  until I figure out who is smart enough to listen to and who I can ignore, rather than politely nodding my head. and the other guys on the team for whom English is a second language?  they all came from different places, so they can't understand eachother any better than I can.

Now, does it go the other way?  If you take a less successful immigrant and mix him with society in general, will he become more successful?   I think so, but I have no real evidence to back it up.    I do think that Europe should look to America in this regard;  we've got our problems with immigrants;  we always have, but I think that in general, we do a better job of turning immigrants into Americans than Europe does.

Norway's maximum legal penalty for crimes is 21 (none / 1) (#13)
by king of fools on Mon Jul 25, 2011 at 12:19:43 PM EST

years in prison. We have drug offenders in the states in longer than that.

----------------

fade out again

He'll be cured by then. (none / 1) (#14)
by Pentashagon on Mon Jul 25, 2011 at 01:59:00 PM EST

I think their prison system is based on rehabilitation instead of rape and a complete loss of employability.

21+5 (none / 0) (#15)
by G1itch on Mon Jul 25, 2011 at 02:32:45 PM EST

It can be extended indefinitely by 5 years at a time if he's still deemed a danger to society.

so, honkey killed honkeys in honkyland?$ (none / 0) (#17)
by mirko on Tue Jul 26, 2011 at 09:08:54 AM EST

Finally I managed to make the decision that I would work on it. - MDC
we had to huddle together - trane
hi mirko! swing by the diary section some time # (none / 1) (#20)
by king of fools on Wed Jul 27, 2011 at 12:55:45 PM EST

----------------

fade out again

holiday in the Sun... hence the absences$ (none / 0) (#21)
by mirko on Thu Jul 28, 2011 at 01:09:39 PM EST

Finally I managed to make the decision that I would work on it. - MDC
we had to huddle together - trane
guy's ideology is spot on for Norway. (none / 0) (#22)
by McNugent on Sun Jul 31, 2011 at 05:36:31 PM EST

Just implemented it wrong: http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2011/6/5/164014/8752

from p. 1393, presented without comment (none / 0) (#23)
by Battle Troll on Mon Aug 01, 2011 at 02:36:21 PM EST

15 years - (when I was 15, time: 20.00) - Attempted robbery by Pakistani gang outside a concert. Luckily for me I knew a hardcore Pakistani thug (from the Pakistani A gang in Oslo) who told them I was under his protection. There have been approximately 10 other threatening situations where me and my friends were unharmed. 16 years - (Time: 16.30) - Assault - an older and much stronger/bigger Pakistani hit me without provocation in front of Majorstuenhuset. Apparently, he wanted to subdue me in front of my "friend" Arsalan who apparently had told him to do it. This concluded, for my part, my friendship with him and I re-connected with my old friends after this incident. However, this restricted my territorial freedoms, as I was no longer under the protection of the Oslo Ummah. From now on we would have to arm ourselves whenever we went to parties in case Muslim gangs showed up and we usually chose to stay in our neighbourhoods` on Oslo West. 17 years - (Time: 01.30) - Attempted assault and robbery - Us 2, them 3: 2 Pakistanis and 1 wannabe-Pakistani. We were actually heading home after being on the same party together. The wannabe-Pakistani suddenly turned on me without provocation and rallied the other two. Me and my friend had to run as we were unarmed at the time. 17 years - (Time: 23.30) - Assault and attempted robbery - Us 10, them 12 Moroccans. Location Tåsen, Oslo. They were robbing (collecting Jizya) and beating local kafr/Norwegian kids at Tåsen center, they had done this on numerous occasions. They didn`t live there but travelled to Tåsen from a Muslim enclave on Oslo East. I was at a party on Tåsen when we heard they had just beaten one of my friends younger brothers. We went there to chase them away from the neighbourhood. They had weapons, we had weapons. I was hit with a billiard pool in the head. Result of the fight: we made a deal with them, they promised they would never return and harass the Tåsen youngsters again. 18 years - (Time: 01.00) - Assault by Pakistani gang outside a club. A friend of mine was attacked without provocation by a gang of 6. I told him to run as they outnumbered us. Result: broken nose. 19 years - (Time: 02.00) - Attempted robbery by two Pakistanis at a bar. I had my friends nearby so I told them to fuck off or I we would bash their faces in (an effective psychological deterrent, most Pakistani thugs have a Neanderthal mentality so to show weakness will only invite to abuse etc;). Pakistanis are usually a lot more cowardly than Northern African Muslims though (I wouldn`t have tried that strategy on Moroccans`). 20 years - (Time: 22.00) - Threats and attempted assault - Us 3, them 4. Me and two friends were about to order at Burger King when a Norwegian girl crossed the food queue. As she went by she pushed me, saying; "MOVE, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!". Needless to say, I was very surprised and I managed to stutter the words; "suck my dick, bitch", while perplexed. She ran over to her friends, 4 Moroccans` sitting at a corner and just waiting to pick a fight... They approached me (I was alone at the time) and told me they were going to "fuck me up severely" as soon as I left Burger King. I had tear gas on me, as I always have when going out late. However, I decided to go with the "deterrent strategy", so I called my two friends, Erling, a relatively small adopted Columbian, and his friend a relatively big Christian Ugandan. Having established my deterrent, and obviously not interested in fighting these savages (as is my policy with all Muslim bullies under normal circumstances), I went ahead and started negotiating, offering the "Muslim whore" an apology. End result was, we left as a group and had the Muslims follow us until we managed to lose them. The most annoying things about the encounter is that you really can`t control when you bump into them again. Luckily, a majority of Muslim savages like them live on the East side of town. 21 years - (Time: 01.30) - Attempted assault and robbery - Us 4, them 4. Me and my best friends; Peter, Marius and Martin were out clubbing and drinking. This was actually the first time I smoked (normal cigarettes) and I fainted for a few seconds outside a store not far from the club. This was the first and only time I have fainted in my life btw, lol. Apparently, 4 Albanian Muslims saw this incident and figured I would make an easy target. All 4 of them approached me and tried to rob me. At that time my friends just arrived and they started to threaten them as well as one of them pulled out a knife. Obviously, we didn`t want to fight these savages, so we said we would take out some cash for them in an ATM in the nearby Burger King. We called the police as soon as we entered. However, this was Saturday night so we had no luck getting a response. We ordered some food and stayed at Burger King for a little more than an hour, at which point the Muslim savages had left (probably busy robbing other victims).
Skarphedinn was carrying the axe with which he had killed Thrainn Sigfusson and which he called 'Battle Troll.'
Njal's Saga, ca 1280 AD
Cultural Marxism? (none / 0) (#24)
by thiswillbegreat on Thu Sep 01, 2011 at 05:22:06 PM EST

I don't even know what that means.  According to Wikipedia, it actually is a movement (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism) but it seems to be entirely an academic thing.  It's pretty strange to hang so much of your manifesto on that, unless of course he just made that up and decided it sounded good enough to keep spouting.
Semper ubi sub ubi.