I Won't Be Home For Christmas

By rusty in News
Tue Dec 21, 1999 at 04:24:43 PM EST
Tags: Kuro5hin.org (all tags)
Kuro5hin.org

Actually, I will be home for Christmas. But not for too long. Anyway, what with the ho-ho-holidays coming up and all, I thought I'd start off this little site here with a special present for anyone who wants it. Read on for the loot...

Yeah, sure, there are a few things to like about Chiristmas. Snow... oh no, wait, we don't get snow in DC. Well, mistletoe, then... no, haven't seen any of that either. Hmm.

Ok, so I can't think of anything good about the holiday season at the moment. I'm going on very little sleep here, alright people. Wait! There is something!

PRESENTS!!

Ahh, yes, the spirit of commercialism. That's what Christmas is really about. And it warms the very cockles of my heart. For those of you who don't know where your cockles are, they're right below your druthers, and just to the left of your craw.

Anyway, since 'tis the season ('tis! 'tis!), I thought I'd share a very special Chirstmas tune with the world.

I grabbed this off an ftp server recently (I forget where) and they assured me it was a perfectly legal bootleg. So here you go, it's our pals Blink 182 with their incomparable yuletide tune "I won't be Home for Christmas", recorded live.. umm... somewhere.

Note: there is some rather funny dialogue before and after the song that some knuckleheads might find a bit offensive. So if you're a twit, or a weenie, or any sort of numbskull who finds words of a certain length offensive, well, then, move along. These are Not the Droids You're Looking For. The rest of you, enjoy! :-)

o Blink 182
o "I won't be Home for Christmas"
o Also by rusty

I Won't Be Home For Christmas | 12 comments (12 topical, editorial, 0 hidden)
Please ignore this comment (3.09 / 11) (#1)
by rusty on Wed Feb 02, 2000 at 11:44:47 AM EST

A test comment. Checking new server setup. Please ignore this :-)

____
Not the real rusty
Re: Please ignore this comment (3.77 / 9) (#2)
by fluffy grue on Sun Mar 19, 2000 at 04:39:22 PM EST

SPaM spAm sp4mm1ty sp4m!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)
"Is not a quine" is not a quine.
I have a master's degree in science!

[ Hug Your Trikuare ]

Re: Please ignore this comment (4.37 / 8) (#3)
by rusty on Sun Mar 19, 2000 at 04:54:53 PM EST

Consider the previous comment deleted. :-)

____
Not the real rusty
Second post!#@#!@#!@ (3.54 / 11) (#7)
by Inoshiro on Wed Sep 20, 2000 at 06:19:22 AM EST

yeah! !@!$##%#$@%#

ph43r!

;-)

[ イノシロ ]
You there, Rusty? (3.33 / 9) (#5)
by locutus074 on Sat Apr 22, 2000 at 10:52:58 AM EST

This is just a test to see if Rusty is notified of new comments. :)

If you see this, feel free to reply. ;)
"If you haven't gotten where you're going,
you aren't there yet." --George Carlin

Re: You there, Rusty? (4.16 / 6) (#6)
by rusty on Sat Apr 22, 2000 at 01:47:38 PM EST

I'm not "notified" of them. But ve haff our vays uff vatchink you! ;-)

____
Not the real rusty
hi (1.51 / 27) (#8)
by srw1080 on Thu Dec 21, 2000 at 10:36:02 AM EST

hello

How're you today? (1.86 / 15) (#9)
by Miniluv on Fri Dec 22, 2000 at 03:21:07 AM EST

You doin' alright? Need anything?

This shouldn't be rated <1 (4.00 / 3) (#13)
by kaitian on Sat Jan 27, 2001 at 12:02:06 AM EST

This comment is in the same thread as test comments from several other people (rusty and Inoshiro among them) that were rated <3. There is no reason that this one should be treated any differently.

If this is to be rated down, then perhaps these should be too:

Please ignore this comment by rusty.

Second post!#@#!@#!@ by Inoshiro.

Re: Please ignore this comment by fluffy grue

Snow? (4.00 / 7) (#10)
by kcarnold on Fri Dec 22, 2000 at 04:28:36 PM EST

Hey, we get snow in DC -- what are you talking about?

And "perfectly legal bootleg" is a triple oxymoron ("perfectly legal", "legal bootleg", and "perfect[ly] bootleg") :)

This shouldn't be <1 (3.00 / 4) (#11)
by kaitian on Fri Jan 26, 2001 at 11:36:13 PM EST

If this is to be rated down, then perhaps these should be too:

Please ignore this comment by rusty.

Second post!#@#!@#!@ by Inoshiro.

Re: Please ignore this comment by fluffy grue

Uh Oh. (3.00 / 4) (#12)
by kaitian on Fri Jan 26, 2001 at 11:53:16 PM EST

I meant to reply to this this

[kaitian kicks himself]

I Won't Be Home For Christmas | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 editorial, 0 hidden)