Kuro5hin's spamming shithead: newb4b0

By postDigital in Op-Ed
Mon Jul 21, 2008 at 09:51:45 AM EST
Tags: troll, troll hard, trolling (all tags)

Kuron newb4b0's latest diary is an open invitation for all other members to engage in a bit of troll-sodomy just for the kicks-da-shit fun which can be derived from sledge-hammering the ignoranus that passes for his brain. Have a Free-Troll-Fest on me. You want live-bait? Coming at you after the intro.

Walking In A Few Rounds

newb4b0 is an odious spammer, who has often dumped upon Kuron5hin the domain netmoneychat.com, and lately has also started to shit out another: thelinkvote.com. A bit of digging also expose the fact that rolfking.com is directly related to newb4b0. Some incoming RDNS look-up rounds:

DNS records for netmoneychat.com

Answer records
patternedsoftware.com - 1 - SOA -
server: - ns21.domaincontrol.com
email: - dns@jomax.net

patternedsoftware.com - 1 - A - 72.249.127.116 - 3600s
patternedsoftware.com - 1 - NS - ns21.domaincontrol.com - 3600s
patternedsoftware.com - 1 - MX - preference: - 10 - exchange: - aspmx.l.google.com
patternedsoftware.com - 1 - MX - preference: - 20 - exchange: - alt2.aspmx.l.google.com
patternedsoftware.com - 1 - MX - preference: - 20 - exchange: - alt1.aspmx.l.google.com
patternedsoftware.com - 1 - MX - preference: - 30 - exchange: - aspmx2.googlemail.com
patternedsoftware.com - 1 - MX - preference: - 30 - exchange: - aspmx5.googlemail.com
patternedsoftware.com - 1 - MX - preference: - 30 - exchange: - aspmx3.googlemail.com
patternedsoftware.com - 1 - MX - preference: - 30 - exchange: - aspmx4.googlemail.com
patternedsoftware.com - 1 - MX - preference: - 44 - exchange: - patternedsoftware.com

Now some WHOIS triangulation:

WHOIS netmoneychat.com

Domain Name: NETMONEYCHAT.COM
Registrar: MONIKER ONLINE SERVICES, INC.
Whois Server: whois.moniker.com

Phone: +1.2062030378
Fax: +1.2063398500

Record created on: 2008-02-18 04:23:13.0
Database last updated on: 2008-02-19 13:24:19.8
Domain Expires on: 2009-02-18 04:23:30.0

WHOIS thelinkvote.com

Registrant: Patterned Software, Inc.

P.O. Box 956

United States
(206) 232-4621

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.PATTERNEDSOFTWARE.COM
NS2.PATTERNEDSOFTWARE.COM

WHOIS patternedsoftware.com

Registrant: Patterned Software, Inc.

P.O. Box 956 Middle Island, New York, 11953

P.O. Box 956 Middle Island, New York, 11953

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.PATTERNEDSOFTWARE.COM
NS2.PATTERNEDSOFTWARE.COM
NS21.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Now, The Network Lookup:

Colo4Dallas LP COLO4-BLK2 (NET-72-249-0-0-1)
72.249.0.0 - 72.249.191.255

Networld Internet Services COLO4-NETWORLD-041207-02 (NET-72-249-126-0-1)
72.249.126.0 - 72.249.127.255

Results returned from whois.arin.net:

OrgName: Networld Internet Services
OrgID: NIS-116
Address: 100 Fairfield Dr.
City: Barto
StateProv: PA
PostalCode: 19504
Country: US

NetRange: 72.249.126.0 - 72.249.127.255
CIDR: 72.249.126.0/23
NetName: COLO4-NETWORLD-041207-02
NetHandle: NET-72-249-126-0-1
Parent: NET-72-249-0-0-1
NetType: Reallocated
NameServer: NS3.TEKTONIC.NET
NameServer: NS4.TEKTONIC.NET
Comment:
RegDate: 2007-04-12
Updated: 2007-04-17

OrgTechHandle: TECHN537-ARIN
OrgTechName: Technical Support
OrgTechPhone: +1-484-948-1124
OrgTechEmail: matta@tektonic.net

Target Acquired

Of note:

• patternedsoftware.com and netmoneychat.com are hosted at the same IP Address
  • rolfking.com and thelinkvote.com are hosted at the same IP Address

A PageRank List:

• www.patternedsoftware.com - PageRank 2
  • netmoneychat.com - PageRank 4
  • www.roflking.com - PageRank 0
  • thelinkvote.com - Not Indexed by Google
  • www.kuro5hin.org - PageRank 7

Patterned Software, Inc. makes fraudulent claims. From a Press release of Patterned Software, Inc.:

Patterned Software, Inc. provides U.S. based cPanel 11 webhosting.

Feb 22, 2008 - New York based Patterned Software, Inc. (http://www.patternedsoftware.com) provides U.S. based cPanel Linux webhosting, offering yearly plans starting at $42/Year, a rate of $3.50 per month.

Patterned Software, Inc. runs its webhosting service on 64-bit CentOS Linux machines. All webhosting plans support PHP5, Java Enterprise J2EE, FrontPage. Apache, MySQL, cgi, modSLL are all supported. PatternedSoftware, Inc. manages its own servers directly, and pledges not to oversell, a common practice in the webhosting industry. As it's customer base grows, new infrastructure will be continually added. This practice leads to a consistent level of quality service.

Note that Patterned Software, Inc. using a Middle Island, NY, PO Box as its business address; provides telephone contact numbers with Seattle, WA, Area Codes, and is hosted on Pennsylvania-based, Networld Internet Services, servers. Just how the fuck does this twat manage his own servers directly?

On the homepage of Patterned Software, Inc. (www.patternedsoftware.com/) is the claim that: "We are neither a webhosting reseller nor transparent affiliate program, as the majority of small webhosting companies are. We manage our servers directly.". On the services page of Patterned Software, Inc. is the laughable assertion that they provide: "Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Internet Marketing". Remarkable claim for a company whose home PageRank is a paltry 2.

It seems that newb4b0 also fraudulently rates his own Patterned Software, Inc., under the pseudonym, nmc (coincidence that he has also used it on Kuro5hin and it is a simple-minded acronym for netmoneychat?)

An individual would have to be an utter moron to host a website with Patterned Software, Inc.

o Kuro5hin
o Google
o Kuron newb4b0's latest diary
o Press release of Patterned Software, Inc.
o fraudulent ly rates his own Patterned Software, Inc., under the pseudonym, nmc
o Also by postDigital

Kuro5hin's spamming shithead: newb4b0 | 84 comments (63 topical, 21 editorial, 13 hidden)
I had a Santa Cruz local number for years (3.00 / 2) (#2)
by MichaelCrawford on Sat Jul 19, 2008 at 01:57:00 AM EST

Despite living in Newfoundland, Maine and Nova Scotia.

It was a "follow-me" number, that would forward to whatever real number I configured.

I was having a spat with a client who wouldn't pay, and he accused me of being up to no good for having a Santa Cruz number while living in Maine. But the reason for it was to allow all my clients to reach me reliably despite my frequent change of addresses.

Vote Nader. Why? Because Obama voted for telecom immunity!

did you have three separate phone number though? (none / 0) (#8)
by postDigital on Sat Jul 19, 2008 at 02:44:47 PM EST

There are two different contact numbers (I didn't list the rolfking.com whois number-planned for a re-edit, if I get the time), as well as a Fax phone number which all have the same 206 Area Code.

k7.net (1.00 / 3) (#19)
by newb4b0 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 02:05:17 AM EST

http://www.netmoneychat.com| NetMoneyChat Forums. No Registration necessary. Ya'll.

doud, what are you mad about? (1.00 / 3) (#23)
by newb4b0 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 02:30:00 AM EST

I'll update all the whois phonenumbers when I get around to it. But stop accusing me of spam, I will post as I wish in my Diary, freedom of speech, mofo.

Slander is always in bad taste.

amusing, but I have a different definition of spam (none / 0) (#31)
by postDigital on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 11:07:45 AM EST

Posting a URL to the main page of you own domain as a sig is spamming by mt definition of it.

If, however, within a post, you were to point to a specific page in a domain you owned, and there was a valid reason, germane to that specific post, then it would not be spam.

As to being angry...you amuse me again. You have not even approached the point of raising my ire. I am slow to anger, and it would be unusual for me to react vengefully, even in anger.

It is unwise to make wild hair up one's ass assumptions about my motives.

My number was via k7.net (1.00 / 3) (#18)
by newb4b0 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 02:04:46 AM EST

I liked how they email you attachments of voicemails and was planning on getting a local number soon. Didn't want to post my personal information on the internet, as some people have done. I can just see the trolls coming in my PO box.

this is why one (none / 0) (#37)
by postDigital on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 01:47:20 PM EST

uses domain anonymization services.

Two of your domains are registered through Cheap Domains. When I performed WHOIS look-ups through them, the pages rendered oozed GoDaddy reseller, although I'd need to do a deeper dig to be sure of this. GoDaddy offers an inhouse service which contractually leaves the ownership of the domain fully in your possession.

I would still be criticising you, if you were attempting to be a web host using an annonymization service for your website, BTW. This is not a proper way to do business.

John McCain thanks you for your vote! (none / 0) (#82)
by cht on Tue Aug 05, 2008 at 05:20:59 PM EST

"Vote Nader. Why? Because Obama voted for telecom immunity!"

Screw FISA! Screw Telecom immunity!

THE ONLY ISSUE is this:

5-4.

If the Constitution means nothing to you. If trying to restore the authority of the Constitution means nothing to you, then yes, vote for Ralph Nader.

And when the hand picked neocon choices for new justices on the Supreme Court take their seats, and what little remains of our rights are voided (and Roe V Wade is flushed away forever), I'm sure that St. Ralph, riding his magical golden unicorn that poops peppermint-flavored ice cream will ride into D.C. and save us all.

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos!

I am torn (3.00 / 3) (#4)
by sausalito on Sat Jul 19, 2008 at 09:09:17 AM EST

Reading Wired one might get the impression that spammers domain squatters and generally internet scammers are highly intelligent Russians with a physics degree or stuff.

Whereas this newb4b0 patently is just a low IQ idiot. I tried to make him ply his trade sort of ethically, and he seemed to listen for a couple of days, but he soon reverted to his usual idiotic behaviour.

So really I don't know whether to really go after him big time when have some spare time (like reporting him to google, spamhaus, check his site for copyright infringement and report him etc etc) or just laugh at this pathetic excuse of a man.

PS You might want to add he's got a dupe called wastedyears
_____________

GBH - "The whole point is that the App Store acts as a firewall between busy soccer moms and goatse links"

if you don't, i will. (3.00 / 4) (#6)
by lostincali on Sat Jul 19, 2008 at 09:41:59 AM EST

p.s. this guy is barely literate; i don't usually like point out anything localroger does, but if you read this thread, it's pretty clear that he doesn't comprehend what roger's writing.

"copywrite", lol. what a fucking idiot.

"The least busy day [at McDonalds] is Monday, and then sales increase throughout the week, I guess as enthusiasm for life dwindles."

I'll might let it sit in the comments (none / 1) (#7)
by postDigital on Sat Jul 19, 2008 at 02:41:54 PM EST

My purpose was to leverage to Kuro5dshin S_Engine JuJu as a voodoo curse upon this arsehole's intended web-hosting business. it this gets published, I believe that it will show prominently on any relevant searches about it.

I've got a couple of quick (hopefully) ro do, and if I'm still able, will go over the post with possible adds and fills afterwards. any other recommenddations would be appreciated.

it'll probably show up before his site (none / 1) (#10)
by rhiannon on Sat Jul 19, 2008 at 11:47:04 PM EST

that some high quality lol right there

-----------------------------------------
I continued to rebuff the advances... so many advances... of so many attractive women. -MC
i hate to say it, because there is clearly effort (none / 0) (#12)
by lostincali on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 12:29:29 AM EST

but this is really ham-handed. if this is your best shot, you are utterly inept at slandering people on the internet and should learn to accept that this is a job best left to the professionals.

no, i left the trolling up to the pros (none / 1) (#15)
by postDigital on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 12:59:11 AM EST

It is what i said; using pagerank, for good, not evil.

Any tech-wizended troller who cannot figure out how to use what I proffered here isn't a pro anyway. Obviously dishonest personal info, and threatening to steal others' personal work product, violates the AUPs of every entity I listed that this clown does business with.

As for "slander", this is something I do not engage in; at least by American jurisprudence standards. The truth is always a defense in American slander/defamation suits, the limeys be damned on this account. I believe I'd even have the easier standard to prove, because I did not attempt to expose any underlying non-public ID. I should be able to use the public person standard, which requires the plaintiff prove both a foreknowledge of my posting's dishonesty, and malice in its publication. I believe everything I posted here is correct. End of story on the slander accounting.

Although I am uncertain about slander/defamation law in the UK, I might be able to prove that the relevant pseudo, given the user's public postings, does not have a reputation capable of being injured. Maybe a UK Kuron with a bit of knowledge about their judiciary views on this could offer enlightenment

FYI, it isn't made up info. (1.00 / 3) (#22)
by newb4b0 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 02:17:18 AM EST

I am going to be upset if my PO box is overflowing. Why you have to post a business address to K5? You are unprofessional as all fuck, and immature to boot.

a lesson for you, grasseater (none / 0) (#33)
by postDigital on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 11:43:17 AM EST

Mêng - Youthful Folly

The Image
A spring wells up at the foot of the mountain:
The image of Youth.
Thus the superior man fosters his character
By thoroughness in all that he does.

The Judgement Youthful Folly has success.
It is not I who seek the young fool;
The young fool seeks me.
At the first oracle I inform him.
If he asks two or three times, it is importunity.
If he importunes, I give him no information.
Perseverance furthers.

Wilhelm, Hellmut, and Richard Wilhelm. 1995. Understanding the I ching: the Wilhelm lectures on the Book of Changes. Bollingen series, 19:2. Princeton, N.J.: Princeton University Press.

{Fainéant + Importunity} * 2:

1. One
  2. Two

It is unwise for a larval-stage cicada to buzz prior to metamorphosis.

I heartily recommend that one listen to the counsels of sausalito and localroger. I have found thier posts to often be logical and properly thought-out. This is not the same as being in agreement with them at all times, but then I am an Old SOB, who has many times in the past, blazed his own path out on the very edge of precipices. This way is obviously, not yours to traverse.

For men are not equal:
so speaketh justice.
And what I will,
they may not will!

Nietzsche, Friedrich Wilhelm, and Anthony M. Ludovici. 1911. Thus spake Zarathustra, a book for all and none. New York: Macmillan Co.

I did take localroger's advice. (1.00 / 3) (#41)
by newb4b0 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 02:05:27 PM EST

Why do you think I posted a diary asking for advice before jumping the gun! Do you really think I want a bunch of out of context comments by you wankers!

threatening to steal what? (1.00 / 3) (#24)
by newb4b0 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 02:32:46 AM EST

it was stated in the intro (3.00 / 2) (#36)
by postDigital on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 12:00:00 PM EST

Your diary entry, I presume?

It is quasi-malicious to post my PO box to the (1.00 / 5) (#25)
by newb4b0 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 02:33:35 AM EST

queue, asshole.

let me try angain wooden skull (none / 1) (#30)
by postDigital on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 10:57:19 AM EST

Your pseudo new4bo, is a public persona. You have publicly connected it to the domains, which themselves are public records. The standard is two-fold: knowingly false and published maliciously. It fails the test.

Again, I am not trolling you. I am simply stating facts in an attempt to warn foolish persons who may actually be tempted into purchasing a hosting package from you, which, and this next phrase is a pertinent fact, In My Opinion, would be a very stupid thing to do.

What is wrong with my hosting packages? (1.00 / 3) (#43)
by newb4b0 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 02:06:48 PM EST

I sell cpanel accounts like about 200,000 other people.

Why? (3.00 / 2) (#47)
by Peahippo on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 03:13:59 PM EST

You've openly proposed stealing content (i.e. violating the copyright law of the United States, and the world). What possible problem could you have (other than hypocrisy) with being exposed with a public record anyway? Is your PO Box (which I will look up here, shortly) covered by copyright? Is it covered by any law at all? And even if it is, what's really so terrible about breaking any of that law(s), since you're so openly breaking laws in the first place?

If you're looking for sympathy or moral assistance, you are truly in the WRONG PLACE.

What are you going to report me for? (1.00 / 3) (#21)
by newb4b0 on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 02:15:41 AM EST

Posting NMC YALL to K5? I think ill buy another advertising campaign here.

Story Submission Rubric (Version 0.2) (3.00 / 13) (#5)
by QuantumFoam on Sat Jul 19, 2008 at 09:12:41 AM EST

Section I: I have rated your story submission as  (√)+1FP  ()+1SP  ()0  ()-1  due to one or a combination of the following:

( ) Spam
( ) Bad references
(√) NMC, Y'all
(√) Lack of Pole

Section II: Suggested remedies to your problemns include:

( ) Husi 8---->0
( ) Therapy
( ) Suicide (See Section IIa)
( ) Drugs

( ) Autoerotic asphyxiation
(√) Drowning in diarrhea
( ) Plane accident
( ) Evisceration
( ) Atmospheric decompression
( ) AIDS

- Barack Obama: Because it will work this time. Honest!

how do you get laid or a job (none / 1) (#9)
by rhiannon on Sat Jul 19, 2008 at 11:45:44 PM EST

via drowning in diarrhea?

-----------------------------------------
I don't want to know (nt) (none / 0) (#11)
by khallow on Sat Jul 19, 2008 at 11:50:20 PM EST

Stating the obvious since 1969.

tubgirl $ (3.00 / 6) (#13)
by horny smurf on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 12:31:20 AM EST

It's not outside the realm of possibility (none / 1) (#14)
by QuantumFoam on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 12:39:33 AM EST

Actually, I just forgot to uncheck that box from last time.

- Barack Obama: Because it will work this time. Honest!

i assumed it was because (none / 0) (#16)
by postDigital on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 01:04:35 AM EST

I feel personally defamed when anybody refers to Ron Paul as a 'libertarian'.

As opposed to...? (none / 0) (#83)
by cht on Wed Aug 06, 2008 at 09:55:11 AM EST

- Republican, noun: A person that can look at the corruption, incompetence, and waste of the current administration and claim, with a straight face, that more OF THE SAME is the cure to our problems.
Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos!
high internet/kuron drama (3.00 / 2) (#26)
by achievingfluidity on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 04:03:06 AM EST

and wankery. better than irc drama too.

magnificent

ANNOY A LIBERAL USE FACTS AND LOGIC

"Ignoranus" (none / 0) (#28)
by ksandstr on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 05:38:42 AM EST

That's not a typo, is it?

Fin.
no, i was being anti-semantic (nt) (none / 0) (#29)
by postDigital on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 09:20:42 AM EST

Why do you hate juice so much /nt (none / 1) (#46)
by ksandstr on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 03:12:15 PM EST

Fin.
i am impressed (none / 0) (#48)
by postDigital on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 03:41:40 PM EST

that took me a while to ken.

Incoming missives from the elliptic are always appreciated...

ZOMG! (3.00 / 5) (#59)
by undermyne on Sun Jul 20, 2008 at 11:50:04 PM EST

Loser discovers Whois, chokes on some other losers cock, gets trolled badly, attempts to google bomb all the supposed offending sites by posting a K5 article on it.

ray eckson - "nigger eggs are all yolk, you racist fuck"
not even close (none / 1) (#63)
by postDigital on Mon Jul 21, 2008 at 12:34:43 AM EST

of course what could be expected from one whose psuedo wet-dream will never be realised?

Even if everything you say is true (none / 0) (#72)
by daveybaby on Mon Jul 21, 2008 at 05:03:19 AM EST

who the fuck cares?

-1, about computers (3.00 / 1) (#75)
by Hiphopopotamus on Mon Jul 21, 2008 at 08:52:25 AM EST

_________________

I'm In LOVE!

boring and nerd like (none / 1) (#81)
by Marvaud on Mon Aug 04, 2008 at 06:04:23 PM EST

What a load of complete and utter
boring shite.....
You must be really anal retentive if you think
we are supposed to actually read that
and enjoy reading it and come over and give
you a stamp or a medal or something.
Maybe you should try leaving the house occassionally
and seeing what goes on in the world......

How does this work? (none / 0) (#84)
by 7h3647h32in6 on Mon Sep 01, 2008 at 11:06:58 AM EST

If he's doing nothing but alienating members, what incentive do they have to visit the sites he is advertising?