Official K5 2008 Election Poll

By krkrbt in Politics
Wed Nov 05, 2008 at 04:38:55 AM EST
Tags: K5 Predicts, prophecy (all tags)

Election Day arrives tomorrow. Since we're human, we try to predict the future. Usually it's pretty easy: fall follows summer, which is followed by winter. It's not a good practice to plant your seeds in the fall, and our future-seeing abilities alerts us to better courses of action.

Inside: The Official K5 U.S. Election Poll and a book passage on future-seeing.

If the election goes to the courts à la 2000, I'm sure they'll decide by looking at our humble poll.

The poll is not about what you want to happen, but what you think is going to happen. If you're still holding out hope for "your guy" to pull off an upset, please make a comment below, but vote for your expected outcome.

As I write this at 1:04pm Mountain Standard Time on Monday November 3rd, I can confidently state that the election has already been decided. All that's left is the formality of registering each of the electorate's individual votes and counting them (or mis-counting them, as the case may be). Here's one authority's take on how things come to pass:

Your Nostradamus Factor, by Ingo Swann

Chapter 1: Jumping The Time Barrier

Like many others, I've had good reasons during my life to assume that the future can be seen. But if I had any doubt it would have vanished as a result of an astonishing forty-five seconds when I found myself in Detmold, then in West Germany, in the spring of 1988.

Detmold is near the beautiful Teutoburger Forest and a famous pre-Christian shrine, Horn-Externstein, which is a pile of towering rocks riddled with sonorous cavbes. Until the time of Charlemagne it is said that Nordic kings came to Horn-Externstein to consult seers about the future.

I was invited to Detmold by Herr Manfred Himmel in April 19988 to give a series of lectures about psi research. This was Herr Himmel's fifth "esoteric" conference, and it was well attended by several hundred people. Herr Himmel was ardent about psychic matters, and the talks of his other spearkers were interesting to me. Some of these speakers were also practicing psychics who were busy giving individual "readings" and making predictions about the future.

I was billed as the famous American superpsychic who had "astonished scientists" since my first formal laboratory experiments in 1970. But I have never given individual "readings," and I never made predictions about the future.

Many of Herr Himmel's conference attendees were visibly disappointed that I did not give the expected readings and did not foresee the future. Although I had studied "prophecy" and predicting for many years and had even experienced some novel insights about it, I was well aware that most predictions turn out to be wrong. I felt I had a scientific reputation to protect, which would be damaged if I accumulated a list of erroneous predictions. Moreover, I didn't view myself as a future-seer in any professional sense, and I though that predicting should be left to those who were or at least tried to be.

I gave several lectures and workshops at the conference, as well as the keynote address. I had worked hard at preparing this address, entitling it "Revising Psychic Research Methods and Expectations in the New Age," and even gave the opening statements in German before continuing in English with the aid of a translator.

This was, I thought, and improtant lecture. And, indeed, the audience listened attentively. When the talk was over, I asked for questions. The hall was silent -- until an elderly woman sitting in the second row stood up and meekly asked: "Herr Schwann, won't you give us at least one prediction?"

Caught very unexpectedly and in clear view between the proverbial rock and a hard place, I began grasphing for a diplomatic way to get out of making a prediction.

I was quite angry to be put in this position. But as my anger rose, there was a "noise" or rushing sound around me, and I had a sense of getting "larger." Then there was a clarity of some unfamiliar kind, which somehow was liquid -- and in this liquidness what seemed like a thousand pictures flashed through my consciousness. I had the distinct, lightninglike impression that most people in the audience already knew the future at some "place" deep within them. And I knew that their conscious minds were disconnected from this deep place.

And I knew what they knew, so to speak, and one aspect of this hidden knowledge boiled up into my intellectual consciousness. Without deciding to do so, I said: "Okay! You want a prediction? Here's a prediction. The Berlin Wall will come down in eighteen to twenty-four months." I spat this out intensely and fast, holding on to the podium wiht both hands.

The translator standing by my side looked at me with wide eyes. My own narrowed. "Translate it -- translate it NOW!"

She did. When it appeared that the audience had not heard it correctly, she translated it again somewhat nervously. The initial silence of the audience was complete. Then they began to rise to their feet, one by one. Someone began to clap, and in the next moment the audience lost its composure and became unglued. Several burst into tears and began to hug each other. And some rushed to the podium and began to hug me. "Wait a moment," I tried to yell into the melee. "It's only a prediction."

And when it was over, I was absolutely astonished that I had spoken the words in the first place. "Lord," I thought, "my colleagues back in the States are going to think I've lost it. And the skeptics will have a field day." In April 1988 the Soviet Union and the Berlin Wall seemed destined to ride intact into the twenty-first century.

Once back in New York, I was glad enough to forget that I had made this rash prediction. And it was doubly rash because I had given it a time-window -- eighteen to twenty-four months as of April 1988. Anyone could have predicted that the Wall would come down at some indeterminate future time -- and it probably would. But I had said when.

Nineteen months later, the Berlin Wall came down almost overnight, a historic event that caught everyone (including the CIA, MI-5, the Mosad, and even the KGB) by complete surprise, if the media are to be believed. And I had one of the most rewarding experiences of my life -- lying in bed eating potato chips, watching my prediction come true on real-time television right before my eyes. Somehow, something in me had spontaneously foreseen a bit of the future, and that part had ultimately manifested itself in the physical universe.

How does what begins as a mind-image in someone's inner sensing systems ultimately become or manifest itself as fact in the physical universe? How is it that our inner sensing systems can transcend the "absolute" linear time of our physical universe? And why is it that this awesome and improtant faculty, reported since the dawn of human activity on earth, has the low esteem it does today?

What is involved here are mysterious processes that we do not know about or, if we do, understand very well. Could everyone foresee better if they understood those processes? And why didn't I realize that I could future-see -- even though I had studied predictions and seers for over thirty years (as part of my overall interest in psychic matters)?

I am not, of course, the first, nor will I be the last, to foresee some completely unanticipated bit of the future. ...

Mr. Swann says that future-seeing works much better if you believe that it's possible. If you don't believe, just pretend that it is, vote, then write your own story.

Who will win the U.S. election?
o Obama on November 4th 36%
o McCain on November 4th 5%
o Obama after the court battle 0%
o McCain after the court battle 4%
o Obama to take the Election, McCain to take office 7%
o McCain to take the Election, Obama to take office 0%
o Wildcard WIPO 1%
o Führer Bush for life 10%
o Obama by a landslide 19%
o McCain by a landslide 0%
o The Election is already over, my candidate won 10%
o The Election is already over, my candidate lost 2%

o Ingo Swann
o Also by krkrbt

Official K5 2008 Election Poll | 41 comments (36 topical, 5 editorial, 0 hidden)
WIPO: (3.00 / 9) (#5)
by QuantumFoam on Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 03:34:16 PM EST

Mass epiphany and a write-in landslide.

RONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRON PAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAU LRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRO NPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAULRONPAUL

- Barack Obama: Because it will work this time. Honest!

I'd have to write in Ron Paul's endorsee (3.00 / 2) (#6)
by krkrbt on Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 05:29:11 PM EST

Chuck didn't make the ballot in Arizona, but he is an official write-in (that is, his campaign has collected and submitted enough signatures to the Secretary of State so that his write-ins are counted). I think I might do it, just to see if those votes get counted. Otherwise I'm voting for Cynthia McKinney.

dupe horde detected (none / 0) (#26)
by GrubbyBeardedHermit on Tue Nov 04, 2008 at 02:50:03 PM EST

GBH

I think you're gonna find, (3.00 / 5) (#7)
by tdillo on Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 06:18:11 PM EST

when all this shit is over, I think you're gonna find yourself one smiling motherfucker. The thing is, McCain, right now you got ability. But painful as it may be, ability don't last. And your days are just about over. Now that's a hard motherfuckin' fact of life, but that's a fact of life your ass is gonna have to get realistic about. See, this business is filled to the brim with unrealistic motherfuckers. Motherfuckers who thought their ass would age like wine. If you mean it turns to vinegar, it does. If you mean it gets better with age, it don't. Besides, McCain, how many elections do you think you got in you anyhow? Two? Candidates don't have an Old Timers Place. You came close but you never made it. And if you were gonna make it, you would have made it before now. You're mine, dig?

Election night, you might feel a slight sting. That's pride fuckin' with you. Fuck pride! Pride only hurts, it never helps. You fight through that shit. 'Cause a year from now, when you kicking it in the Caribbean, you gonna say to yourself, "Barack was right."

On the 4th, your ass goes down.

Say it.

lol bilderburg conspiracy (3.00 / 3) (#8)
by lostincali on Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 06:35:43 PM EST

jewish bankers

"The least busy day [at McDonalds] is Monday, and then sales increase throughout the week, I guess as enthusiasm for life dwindles."

There's going to be a LOT of unhappy (3.00 / 4) (#9)
by Stick Apart on Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 07:00:00 PM EST

Republicans and Democrats when Ralph Nader wins by a landslide.

But seriously, folks, McKinney / Clemente in 2008!
-------
JOIN THE RAY ECKSON CLUB

When did the victorious candidate actually win? (none / 0) (#10)
by krkrbt on Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 08:32:24 PM EST

To continue the thread above about the election already having been decided: When was it decided?  Within the last month? Sometime over the summer? In February? When the economic shit hit the fan in September/October? In January? Last year?

I myself am partial to January/February...

Does anyone think this thing could go either way, depending on how the early states poll?

no $ (none / 0) (#14)
by The Atomic Kung Fu Panda Bandit Inquisition on Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 10:45:47 PM EST

IT'S DECIDED ON ELECTION DAY, DIPSHIT (none / 0) (#17)
by lostincali on Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 11:45:08 PM EST

not really (none / 1) (#39)
by Delirium on Thu Nov 06, 2008 at 12:59:48 AM EST

that's just the final poll, with a much larger sample size

my magic 8-inch pole sez ur a crackpot (none / 1) (#11)
by Ruston Rustov on Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 09:57:03 PM EST

I had had incurable open sores all over my feet for sixteen years. The doctors were powerless to do anything about it. I told my psychiatrist that they were psychosomatic Stigmata - the Stigmata are the wounds Jesus suffered when he was nailed to the cross. Three days later all my sores were gone. -- Michael Crawford
Maybe tomorrow. -- Michael Crawford
As soon as she has her first period, fuck your daughter. -- localroger

What I was wonderin is what happens to Sarah? (3.00 / 3) (#12)
by tdillo on Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 10:05:11 PM EST

I mean, say IF McCain loses to Obama, what will become of America's new sweetheart? I don't see her just slinking back off into the obscurity of the Alaskan wilds to stare out across the Bering towards Russia. She's a Maverick and a Diva that has 'gone rogue' fer chrisakes!

Will they give her a talk show? Perhaps something like Jerry Springer's show? Could they maybe give her a spot on The View? I think she might have a shot on SNL.

She'll run for the Senate (none / 0) (#13)
by Nimey on Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 10:45:31 PM EST

or maybe just go straight for a Prez run in 2012. It must be god's will that she lead her country in some way, after all.
Never mind, it was just the dog cumming -- jandev
You Sir, are an Ignorant Motherfucker. -- Crawford
I am arguably too manic to do that. -- Crawford
I already fuck my mother -- trane
Nimey is right -- Blastard
i am in complete agreement with Nimey -- i am a pretty big deal

Well I can't see 'em rolling out the red carpet (none / 1) (#15)
by tdillo on Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 11:06:51 PM EST

for her in New York like they did for Hillary. Maybe she oughta move down to Texas and she could run for Senate there or maybe Guv'nor. The only other place she would fit in is Florida.

Speakin of which I guess Cheney gonna go to Dubai when this is all over, whomever wins the election he's gonna cash in. I know Bin Ladin will be glad. He's fuckin sick and tired of hangin out in Crawford all this time.

Also, it's God's will that she lead the World. On the cool, it's in the prophecy. You Betcha!

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.[ Parent ]

hey fuck you, FL would not elect her senator (none / 0) (#16)
by lostincali on Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 11:44:10 PM EST

Well piss on you too sister, they elected Mel (none / 0) (#19)
by tdillo on Tue Nov 04, 2008 at 12:07:39 AM EST

didn't they?

Alaska has Senators and Congressmen too. (none / 0) (#34)
by Calalily on Wed Nov 05, 2008 at 01:04:39 PM EST

Doesn't have to go any where else.

We are maggots tunneling through a rotting corpse. Parent ]
So did Arkansas (Hillary) but like how many (none / 0) (#35)
by tdillo on Wed Nov 05, 2008 at 02:52:19 PM EST

presidents are from Texas (even non-native) and how many are from Alaska? Like DUH!

PLAYBOY SPREAD (3.00 / 3) (#21)
by GrubbyBeardedHermit on Tue Nov 04, 2008 at 03:45:23 AM EST

I EXPECT TO SEE THE NEWS HERE FIRST

GBH

New program (none / 1) (#33)
by BJH on Wed Nov 05, 2008 at 08:41:40 AM EST

American Retards
Roses are red, violets are blue.
I'm schizophrenic, and so am I.
-- Oscar Levant

Well piss on you too sister, they elected Mel (none / 0) (#18)
by tdillo on Tue Nov 04, 2008 at 12:06:35 AM EST

didn't they?

Sorry bout that chief, missed it by *that* much (none / 1) (#20)
by tdillo on Tue Nov 04, 2008 at 12:17:52 AM EST

America: Who the hell are you?

Sarah: I am the VP Candidate Palin.
 (to herself) It just rolled out of my mouth. With one sentence, I had betrayed everything about my kind. Betrayed our code of secrecy.

America: Vice President? That's funny.

Sarah: Indeed. Hilarious. (pause) You're all so beautiful. (she puts a hand on a woman's cheek.)

America: Your hands are --

Sarah: (moves to other side of room) Cold as death?

America: You're gonna kill us?

Sarah: No. All that you've ever dreamed of, I'm going to make yours. This is your lucky day.

(to herself) It was a bold move, I admit. But from that moment forward, they were my friends, my children, my grassroots movement.

Giving the world a new god.

Me.

Gender analyzer says, (none / 0) (#22)
by Hiphopopotamus on Tue Nov 04, 2008 at 07:10:53 AM EST

We think http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2008/11/3/14210/9972 is written by a woman.
_________________

I'm In LOVE!

Poll results as of 11-4-2008 11:24am EST (none / 0) (#24)
by krkrbt on Tue Nov 04, 2008 at 11:25:18 AM EST

Obama on November 4th                26 votes - 37 %
McCain on November 4th               6 votes - 8 %
Obama after the court battle       0 votes - 0 %
McCain after the court battle       4 votes - 5 %
Obama to take the Election, McCain to take office       5 votes - 7 %
McCain to take the Election, Obama to take office       0 votes - 0 %
Wildcard WIPO                       2 votes - 2 %
Führer Bush for life               9 votes - 12 %
Obama by a landslide               15 votes - 21 %
McCain by a landslide               0 votes - 0 %
The Election is already over, my candidate won       2 votes - 2 %
The Election is already over, my candidate lost       1 vote - 1 %

Obama's running away with the election.

i saw kenya covered on the news this morning (3.00 / 3) (#25)
by circletimessquare on Tue Nov 04, 2008 at 12:28:07 PM EST

kenyans care more about this election than parts of the usa

i think its hilarious

they wear more election shirts, there are tons of popular songs about him, they are all fervently in love with the half luo

obama, after being elected in the usa, could take a plane to nairobi, and take over the government of the country with a smile, such is his popularity over there

obama could be president of two countries at the same time if he wanted to

or, alternatively, in 2012 or 2016, he could go to kenya and be president there with a finger snap after his stay in washington dc

i think american-kenyan international relations are about to enter full makeout mode after the election, such will be the love

sadly though, i don't think most americans would be able to even locate kenya on a map

The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.

they could teach you lot how to play cricket (3.00 / 5) (#27)
by GrubbyBeardedHermit on Tue Nov 04, 2008 at 02:51:57 PM EST

you could give them aircraft carriers

GBH

kenya: the new 51st us state (none / 0) (#28)
by circletimessquare on Tue Nov 04, 2008 at 03:39:13 PM EST

The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.

i thought that was iraq? (none / 0) (#29)
by GrubbyBeardedHermit on Wed Nov 05, 2008 at 12:24:12 AM EST

GBH

iraq, philippines, mexico, uk, canada, etc... (none / 0) (#30)
by circletimessquare on Wed Nov 05, 2008 at 01:39:19 AM EST

The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.

BUT, DO YOU HAVE A FLAG? (none / 0) (#31)
by GrubbyBeardedHermit on Wed Nov 05, 2008 at 01:40:48 AM EST

lol

GBH

way ahead of you dude (none / 0) (#32)
by circletimessquare on Wed Nov 05, 2008 at 01:44:23 AM EST

resistance is futile. you will be assimilated

The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.

You fail it: 404 Not Found $ (none / 0) (#36)
by alba on Wed Nov 05, 2008 at 05:37:31 PM EST

holy crap, it was there last night, use this then: (none / 1) (#37)
by circletimessquare on Wed Nov 05, 2008 at 07:21:58 PM EST

The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.

McCain wasn't very hopeful towards the end (none / 0) (#38)
by krkrbt on Wed Nov 05, 2008 at 08:11:14 PM EST

When I saw McCain on Monday night, I knew that he knew that he'd lost. The supporting politicians (Arizona's congressmen Flake, Shadegg and California's retired Duncan Hunter) talked about how the polls showed that McCain was down, and how they could come back -- that the polls had a liberal bias or some crap like that. In an 11-minute speech McCain also mentioned the polls, and talked about a bracelet he'd been given by a dead soldier's mother. Brilliant.

I saw Barack in February (in Phoenix), and while he stuttered at the beginning of every line, he was clearly a much better hypnotist (pdf) than McCain. Note that the author of the pdf clearly has an agenda too - the line at the bottom of every page clues you in. The analysis of Obama's style is solid, though.

Most of it (none / 0) (#40)
by TDS on Sun Nov 16, 2008 at 12:33:30 AM EST

is rhetoric, not "hypnosis" (OMG OMG!)  which the author identifies early on as practically anything.
Any significant public speaker, poet or playwright of the last 3,000 years could be accused of doing the same things.

The analysis is mainly nonsense, but there is a gram or two of truth in there.
But its only stuff everyone was taught in school anyway, things like pacing, structure etc.

And when we die, we will die with our hands unbound. This is why we fight.

Truthfully, I haven't fully read the report (none / 0) (#41)
by krkrbt on Tue Nov 18, 2008 at 01:00:31 AM EST

I've only taken a superficial scan. I do trust the people who shared the link with me.

Yes, a lot of what Obama does is what good communicators do anyways, but there is some extra technique in his repertoire. It doesn't work on everyone; some people are extremely easy to influence.