When Should You Shoot A Cop?

By Zombie Tyler Durden in Politics
Wed Aug 10, 2011 at 12:43:30 PM EST
Tags: (all tags)

Plagiarized from here.

When Should You Shoot A Cop

That question, even without an answer, makes most "law-abiding taxpayers" go into knee-jerk conniptions. The indoctrinated masses all race to see who can be first, and loudest, to proclaim that it is NEVER okay to forcibly resist "law enforcement." In doing so, they also inadvertently demonstrate why so much of human history has been plagued by tyranny and oppression.

In an ideal world, cops would do nothing except protect people from thieves and attackers, in which case shooting a cop would never be justified. In the real world, however, far more injustice, violence, torture, theft, and outright murder has been committed IN THE NAME of "law enforcement," than has been committed in spite of it.

To get a little perspective, try watching a documentary or two about some of the atrocities committed by the regimes of Stalin, or Lenin, or Chairman Mao, or Hitler, or Pol Pot, or any number of other tyrants in history. Pause the film when the jackboots are about to herd innocent people into cattle cars, or gun them down as they stand on the edge of a ditch, and THEN ask yourself the question, "When should you shoot a cop?" Keep in mind, the evils of those regimes were committed in the name of "law enforcement." And as much as the statement may make people cringe, the history of the human race would have been a lot LESS gruesome if there had been a lot MORE "cop-killers" around to deal with the state mercenaries of those regimes.

People don't mind when you point out the tyranny that has happened in other countries, but most have a hard time viewing their OWN "country," their OWN "government," and their OWN "law enforcers," in any sort of objective way. Having been trained to feel a blind loyalty to the ruling class of the particular piece of dirt they live on (a.k.a. "patriotism"), and having been trained to believe that obedience is a virtue, the idea of forcibly resisting "law enforcement" is simply unthinkable to many. Literally, they can't even THINK about it. And humanity has suffered horribly because of it. It is a testament to the effectiveness of authoritarian indoctrination that literally billions of people throughout history have begged and screamed and cried in the face of authoritarian injustice and oppression, but only a tiny fraction have ever lifted a finger to actually try to STOP it.

Even when people can recognize tyranny and oppression, they still usually talk about "working within the system"-the same system that is responsible for the tyranny and oppression. People want to believe that "the system" will, sooner or later, provide justice. The last thing they want to consider is that they should "illegally" resist-that if they want to achieve justice, they must become "criminals" and "terrorists," which is what anyone who resists "legal" injustice is automatically labelled. But history shows all too well that those who fight for freedom and justice almost always do so "illegally"-i.e., without the permission of the ruling class.

If politicians think that they have the right to impose any "law" they want, and cops have the attitude that, as long as it's called "law," they will enforce it, what is there to prevent complete tyranny? Not the consciences of the "law-makers" or their hired thugs, obviously. And not any election or petition to the politicians. When tyrants define what counts as "law," then by definition it is up to the "law-breakers" to combat tyranny.

Pick any example of abuse of power, whether it is the fascist "war on drugs," the police thuggery that has become so common, the random stops and searches now routinely carried out in the name of "security" (e.g., at airports, "border checkpoints" that aren't even at the border, "sobriety checkpoints," and so on), or anything else. Now ask yourself the uncomfortable question: If it's wrong for cops to do these things, doesn't that imply that the people have a right to RESIST such actions? Of course, state mercenaries don't take kindly to being resisted, even non-violently. If you question their right to detain you, interrogate you, search you, invade your home, and so on, you are very likely to be tasered, physically assaulted, kidnapped, put in a cage, or shot. If a cop decides to treat you like livestock, whether he does it "legally" or not, you will usually have only two options: submit, or kill the cop. You can't resist a cop "just a little" and get away with it. He will always call in more of his fellow gang members, until you are subdued or dead.

Basic logic dictates that you either have an obligation to LET "law enforcers" have their way with you, or you have the right to STOP them from doing so, which will almost always require killing them. (Politely asking fascists to not be fascists has a very poor track record.) Consider the recent Indiana Supreme Court ruling, which declared that if a cop tries to ILLEGALLY enter your home, it's against the law for you to do anything to stop him. Aside from the patent absurdity of it, since it amounts to giving thugs with badges PERMISSION to "break the law," and makes it a CRIME for you to defend yourself against a CRIMINAL (if he has a badge), consider the logical ramifications of that attitude.

There were once some words written on a piece of parchment (with those words now known as the Fourth Amendment), that said that you have the right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures at the hands of "government" agents. In Indiana today, what could that possibly mean? The message from the ruling class is quite clear, and utterly insane. It amounts to this: "We don't have the right to invade your home without probable cause ... but if we DO, you have no right to stop us, and we have the right to arrest you if you try."

Why not apply that to the rest of the Bill of Rights, while we're at it? "You have the right to say what you want, but if we use violence to shut you up, you have to let us." (I can personally attest to the fact that that is the attitude of the U.S. "Department of Justice.") "You have the right to have guns, but if we try to forcibly and illegally disarm you, and you resist, we have the right to kill you." (Ask Randy Weaver and the Branch Davidians about that one.) "You have the right to not testify against yourself, but when we coerce you into confessing (and call it a 'plea agreement'), you can't do a thing about it." What good is a "right"-what does the term "right" even mean-if you have an obligation to allow jackboots to violate your so-called "rights"? It makes the term absolutely meaningless.

To be blunt, if you have the right to do "A," it means that if someone tries to STOP you from doing "A"-even if he has a badge and a politician's scribble ("law") on his side-you have the right to use whatever amount of force is necessary to resist that person. That's what it means to have an unalienable right. If you have the unalienable right to speak your mind (a la the First Amendment), then you have the right to KILL "government" agents who try to shut you up. If you have the unalienable right to be armed, then you have the right to KILL "government" agents who try to disarm you. If you have the right to not be subjected to unreasonable searches and seizures, then you have the right to KILL "government" agents who try to inflict those on you.

Those who are proud to be "law-abiding" don't like to hear this, and don't like to think about this, but what's the alternative? If you do NOT have the right to forcibly resist injustice-even if the injustice is called "law"-that logically implies that you have an obligation to allow "government" agents to do absolutely anything they want to you, your home, your family, and so on. Really, there are only two choices: you are a slave, the property of the politicians, without any rights at all, or you have the right to violently resist "government" attempts to oppress you. There can be no other option.

Of course, on a practical level, openly resisting the gang called "government" is usually very hazardous to one's health. But there is a big difference between obeying for the sake of self-preservation, which is often necessary and rational, and feeling a moral obligation to go along with whatever the ruling class wants to do to you, which is pathetic and insane. Most of the incomprehensible atrocities that have occurred throughout history were due in large part to the fact that most people answer "never" to the question of "When should you shoot a cop?" The correct answer is: When evil is "legal," become a criminal. When oppression is enacted as "law," become a "law-breaker." When those violently victimizing the innocent have badges, become a cop-killer.

The next time you hear of a police officer being killed "in the line of duty," take a moment to consider the very real possibility that maybe in that case, the "law enforcer" was the bad guy and the "cop killer" was the good guy. As it happens, that has been the case more often than not throughout human history.

o here
o Also by Zombie Tyler Durden

When Should You Shoot A Cop? | 24 comments (23 topical, 1 editorial, 0 hidden)
I did not read this (3.00 / 7) (#1)
by greengrass on Mon Aug 08, 2011 at 11:10:46 PM EST

but I upvoted and forwarded to the proper authorities.

ME TOO LOL (3.00 / 4) (#3)
by Zombie Tyler Durden on Mon Aug 08, 2011 at 11:29:00 PM EST

DroPPiN Da DeuCe HarDz Kkk0re

WE ARE THE AUTHORITIES (3.00 / 5) (#4)
by LilDebbie on Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 12:30:24 AM EST

TOM CRUISE TOLD ME SO

My name is LilDebbie and I have a garden.
- hugin -

+1fp: abuse record filed$ (3.00 / 5) (#5)
by mirko on Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 02:14:12 AM EST

Finally I managed to make the decision that I would work on it. - MDC
we had to huddle together - trane
Somewhere I read ... (3.00 / 4) (#6)
by claes on Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 06:56:33 AM EST

"the government is the institution with a monopoly on deadly force" -- or might have been "a stable government", I can't remember. Made a lot of sense to me.

Pretty sure that was (none / 0) (#22)
by thiswillbegreat on Mon Aug 29, 2011 at 09:52:03 AM EST

Max Weber in Politics as a Vocation.  Very interesting stuff.
Semper ubi sub ubi.
sendgrid review best ipad 3 case best kindle fire hd case
See, this is why the phrase (2.85 / 7) (#7)
by Harry B Otch on Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 03:07:03 PM EST

"copypasta" was coined--though you've subverted its negative connotations by admitting that you plagiarized the article at the outset, so I'm sort of torn.  You're kind of like gays who want to reclaim the word "faggot".

Actually, you're exactly like gays who want to reclaim the word "faggot".

-----
A lamentable petty bourgeois cry of fear.-.

LOL I GET IT CAUSE I'M A FAGGOT (3.00 / 3) (#9)
by Zombie Tyler Durden on Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 07:52:21 PM EST

TRU STORY

DroPPiN Da DeuCe HarDz Kkk0re

+1FP interesting argument in theory (2.40 / 5) (#8)
by Wen Jian on Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 03:34:46 PM EST

But you have left evil undefined, rendering the whole argument a long example of fallacy of misplaced concreteness, I think. You cannot use your argument to render an acceptable position, because some people think that wicca is truly pure 'evil'. therefore, if the police act on behalf of wiccans, someone who takes this position would be justified in killing them. From this thinking, extremism is born.

Altogether, I think you have done a very interesting job of illustrating the difficulty in resisting authority - one that is reflected well in the quarandry that Ai Wei Wei finds himself in, as an example. You also illustrate well the process by which authoritarianism propagates violent extremism.
It was an experiment in lulz. - Rusty

-1, redundant (3.00 / 7) (#10)
by balsamic vinigga on Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 11:18:44 PM EST

Ice T wrote this article years ago:

----------------------------

I got my black shirt on.
I got my black gloves on.
I got my ski mask on.
This shit's been too long.

I got my twelve gauge sawed off.
I got my headlights turned off.
I'm 'bout to bust some shots off.
I'm 'bout to dust some cops off.

Cop killer, better you than me.
Cop killer, fuck police brutality!
Cop killer, I know your family's grievin'
(fuck 'em)
Cop killer, but tonight we get even.

I got my brain on hype.
Tonight'll be your night.
I got this long-assed knife,
and your neck looks just right.
My adrenaline's pumpin'.
I got my stereo bumpin'.
I'm 'bout to kill me somethin'
A pig stopped me for nuthin'!

Cop killer, better you than me.
Cop killer, fuck police brutality!
Cop killer, I know your mama's grievin'
(fuck her)
Cop killer, but tonight we get even.

Die, die, die pig, die!
fuck the police yeah!

Cop killer, better you than me.
I'm a Cop killer, fuck police brutality!
Cop killer, I know your family's grievin'
(fuck 'em)
Cop killer, but tonight we get even.

fuck the police!
fuck the police, break it down.
fuck the police, yeah.
fuck the police, for Darryl Gates.
fuck the police, for Rodney King.
fuck the police, for my dead homies.
fuck the police, for your freedom.
fuck the police, don't be a pussy.
fuck the police, have some muthafuckin' courage.
fuck the police, sing along.

Cop killer!
Cop killer!
Cop killer!
Cop killer!
Cop killer, what you're gonna be when you grown up?
Cop killer, good choice.
Cop killer!
I'm a muthafuckin' cop killer!

Cop killer, better you than me.
Cop killer, fuck police brutality!
Cop killer, I know your mama's grievin'
(fuck her)

Cop killer, but tonight we get even!

Please help fund a Filipino Horror Movie. It's been in limbo since 2007 due to lack of funding. Please donate today!

FUCK THAT SHIT (none / 1) (#11)
by Zombie Tyler Durden on Tue Aug 09, 2011 at 11:36:53 PM EST

I'm sick of you hoes tryin to run mine
i'm comin with a good line
Runnin after one time
I got a grudge against you blue suits
Black suits, white suits and state troops
That's the way you made us
Sent a brother to the penenitentiary is how you play us
Lock us up for the summer
took the brother's name away and passed us as a number
Just because you legally pack a gack man
Doesn't necessarily mean you have to point it at the black man
Especially you black cops
you let your gacks pop
Because them honkies got you brainwashed
Now we come to new dealings
Fuck all the dumb shit, the line of work is cap peeling
I'm cuttin shit short
Ain't no fillin out reports
Cause you ain't makin it to court
I'm lettin freedom ring
From the hole in my glock, for fuckin off Rodney King
It ain't shit that you can ask us
And since justice is blind, I'm gone buy the bitch some glasses
Wake the fuck up chumps
I'm comin after your ass
Crooked officer

Chorus:

Mr. Officer, crooked officer
I wanna put your ass in a coffin sir
Cause you done fucked with niggas like myself for too long
It's time to grab my motherfuckin shit and get it on

Bushwick:

Oh Mr. Officer, crooked officer what's happening
You beat another black man's ass and now you high tapping friend
Do I have to move to River Oaks
And bleach my fuckin skin so I can look like these white folks
Just to get some assistance
Because the brutality in my neighborhood is gettin persistent
cause you wanna harass me yeah
And if I talk back you wanna bust my black ass G
Just like Rodney King
But if you try that shit with me, its gonna be a different scene
Try to pull me over on a dark road
But I'll be damned if I don't grab my nine and unload
Until every blue shirt turns red
You heard what I said
I want all you crooked motherfuckers dead
So you better start pickin out your coffin sir
Cause I'm comin after your ass

Chorus:

Big Mike:

Momma called me up the pther day i got a warrant
Punk ass laws wanna know where the gun went
Say I shot a nigga the other night at a party
Lieing out they ass I was at home drinkin 40s
Coolin with my niggas playin dominoes in the kitchen
A big black nigga did the killin and I'm fittin the description
And you know they think all black niggas look alike
so now they got the flashlight lookin for Big Mike
Jackin niggas up tryin to capture me
Coppers wanna gaffle me
Tryin to put bullets into the back of me
Time and time again i told them I didn't do it
And they knew it
But they still pursued it
So them motherfuckers blew
So now I'm about to grab my shit
And put them son of a bitches six feet under
Cause I'm sick of runnin from you motherfuckers
turnin tables cause i'm able I ain't fallin victim
Time to play a game, see the police watch me stick them
Cause I ain't runnin from the p-o-l-i-c-e never
Motherfuckin t-i-m-e of day
they'll have to g-u-t a me
Off the s-e-t
And my h double o d
Fuckin around with the B-I-G
You'll be in a g-r-a-v-e

DroPPiN Da DeuCe HarDz Kkk0re

all the gen-y's say (none / 0) (#23)
by QuantumG on Sun Sep 25, 2011 at 02:42:00 AM EST

"who? You mean that guy on SVU?"

Gun fire is the sound of freedom.
whut? (none / 0) (#12)
by Marvin Suggs on Wed Aug 10, 2011 at 12:47:54 PM EST

did the FP threshold get lowered?
<>|<>
   .0. gimme a bitcoin: 1M9vApgDo5Dw45Awfem75mrVtMJvaMKpjy
to get that wen jian serious shit buzzkill (none / 0) (#13)
by nateo on Wed Aug 10, 2011 at 02:17:25 PM EST

off the front page, so we can get back to being jackasses

"I'm so gonna travel the world, photographing my dick at every location."
  - Vampire Zombie Abu Musab al Zarqawi
Are you from a council estate? (1.50 / 2) (#14)
by Wen Jian on Wed Aug 10, 2011 at 02:18:44 PM EST

It was an experiment in lulz. - Rusty
please, call me 'king of the chavs' (none / 0) (#15)
by nateo on Wed Aug 10, 2011 at 02:44:42 PM EST

heard this is why there's rioting--a power vacuum at the top of the chav social structure cause mikey carroll's spending too much time sorting rubbish bins to govern effectively.

so i'm taking over, guvnor.

"I'm so gonna travel the world, photographing my dick at every location."
  - Vampire Zombie Abu Musab al Zarqawi

hmm (none / 1) (#16)
by Delirium on Wed Aug 10, 2011 at 05:09:29 PM EST

'I could go for days without sleeping because of the drugs - so I would just spend night and day s****ing with all these hookers.'

"shitting"?

It was all those kebabs. (1.50 / 2) (#17)
by Wen Jian on Wed Aug 10, 2011 at 07:04:10 PM EST

It was an experiment in lulz. - Rusty
IT'S CALLED AUTOPOST YOU FUCKING RETARD (none / 1) (#18)
by Zombie Tyler Durden on Wed Aug 10, 2011 at 08:58:27 PM EST

I HOPE YOU GET SHOT TOO

DroPPiN Da DeuCe HarDz Kkk0re

in an ethical sense, ... (none / 1) (#19)
by mikelist on Wed Aug 10, 2011 at 10:23:20 PM EST

...whenever you are absolutely sure he's going to shoot you if you don't. same as anybody else.

LOL (none / 0) (#20)
by daveybaby on Thu Aug 11, 2011 at 04:28:48 PM EST

Amerigga.

This brings to mind certain parts of (none / 0) (#21)
by Stick Apart on Sat Aug 27, 2011 at 06:18:15 PM EST

The Man Who Was Thursday by G. K. Chesterton...

-------
JOIN THE RAY ECKSON CLUB
---==---
--//--\\--
--\\--//--
---\\//---
---//\\---
--//--\\--
ASCII RIBBON for text-friendly internet
I was mad the first time I read this but... (none / 0) (#24)
by Abominable Abitur on Fri Sep 30, 2011 at 11:38:11 AM EST

After watching what happened to the Wall Street Occupiers and random citizens on the streets of New York City this past weekend, it seems we better start loading our guns.

"Terrorism is only a viable "political activist" method for marginalized nutjobs, bottom line. The backlash that it causes makes it intractable for any reasonable ideology. Which is why you don't generally see wild athiest suicide bombers in america's streets." - lonelyhobo
When Should You Shoot A Cop? | 24 comments (23 topical, 1 editorial, 0 hidden)