Oh, how we laughed!

By mirleid in Politics
Thu Aug 23, 2012 at 11:03:53 PM EST
Tags: maregash (all tags)

So, prime asshat and political weathervane supremo George Galloway (aka Gorgeous George) decides to wade into the whole sordid Assange extradition affair.

Obviously, hilarity ensues.

First, comes David Allen Green, better known for nobody actually knowing him, with a rebuttal of what he, in a most enlightened fashion, calls "zombie facts" about the Assange extradition. Can a rebuttal of the rebuttal be far behind? Can it buggery!!!!

When you add to his heady mix a Swedish article addressing one of the items in the rebuttal which implies that the aforementioned inital rebuttal writer was wrong in at least one count, a hilarious blog post which includes some imaginative creative insulting using terms like "arse-gargling ballfarters" and an article by the Tory feminazi of the watch which seems to not understand that rape is not a gender-specific phenomenon, you know you're in for a treat.

Pass the popcorn.

Is Assange an arse-gargling ballfarter?
o Yes 0%
o Hell, yes! 0%
o Fuck, yeah! 0%
o Word! 0%
o I'm an arse-gargling ballfarter myself 100%

o wade into
o rebuttal
o Can it buggery
o Swedish article addressing one of the items in the rebuttal
o hilarious blog post
o an article
o Also by mirleid

Oh, how we laughed! | 16 comments (13 topical, 3 editorial, 0 hidden)
Not convinced that this is merely bullshit (none / 1) (#3)
by Harry B Otch on Wed Aug 22, 2012 at 11:34:52 AM EST

I mean, the rape charges probably are bullshit, but the idea that Sweden would only use this for "prestige" is a bit thin.  I think what the Swedish prosecutor is saying is legitimate, and they have a case to investigate, and he should be extradited into their custody.  The claim by the U.K. that this could just as easily be done "by phone or video conference" is the laughable part--who do they think they're kidding?

What, is this a contest over who can grill Assange to the loveliest toasty crisp?  He should be glad his ass isn't being extradited to the U.S. then.  But face it, Australia and Britain have just as bad authoritarian hypocrites.

-----
A lamentable petty bourgeois cry of fear.-.

"Despite the funky expression, feedback doesn't work backwards in time."

Doing it for "prestige".... (none / 0) (#4)
by mirleid on Wed Aug 22, 2012 at 12:02:01 PM EST

I would expect that a prosecutor's job is to first ascertain whether there are reasonable grounds to believe that a crime has been committed, and, second and if so, prosecute it.

While it is legitimate to expect that most people who stand accused of a crime be interviewed under terms dictated by law enforcement agencies and the law of the land, the fact of the matter in the current case is that justice is being denied to the potential victims by the stubborn refusal to do an interview abroad (which is not, apparently, even that much of a bending of the rules as there are precedents quoted in the articles I posted links to).

Having said this, I do think that Assange should just man up and go to Sweden to lay this to rest one way or the other.

Chickens don't give milk
Well that's what I think too (none / 0) (#5)
by Harry B Otch on Wed Aug 22, 2012 at 12:06:03 PM EST

And fuck Australia and the UK for trying to frame this as some kind of dick-waving contest over who gets the "prestige".  I think the rape charges are overwrought, if not entirely bogus, but surely Assange can plea bargain it into "sexual misconduct" with only a pubic hair's worth of effort, pay his fucking fine and have it done.  He's never going to go to jail over any of this.

-----
A lamentable petty bourgeois cry of fear.-.

"Despite the funky expression, feedback doesn't work backwards in time."

Extradition is one thing... (none / 0) (#6)
by claes on Wed Aug 22, 2012 at 01:16:02 PM EST

Rendition is another. I think that's what he's worried about. I would be too, given the last 10 years of us intelligence agency behavior and the way they've treated Bradley Manning.

I don't think Sweden rolls like that (none / 0) (#7)
by Harry B Otch on Wed Aug 22, 2012 at 01:19:49 PM EST

If Assange were being sent to Guantanamo, then yes, he should fucking run into hiding or take asylum somewhere.  But he's not in any real danger from Sweden, I think this is just a game they're all playing.  But I do stand with the Swedish gov't, he needs to show up there.

-----
A lamentable petty bourgeois cry of fear.-.

"Despite the funky expression, feedback doesn't work backwards in time."

There was Ahmed Agiza and Muhammed Al-Zery (none / 1) (#9)
by sholden on Wed Aug 22, 2012 at 04:01:15 PM EST

http://www.hrw.org/de/news/2004/11/21/swedish-tv4-kalla-fakta-program-broken-pro mise-part-iv

That was a long time ago though, and Sweden has stopped such things since then. But there's certainly some precedent to be worried about if you were Assange.

The world's dullest web page

I was arrested for rape in sweden (3.00 / 6) (#10)
by New Bottle Old Wine on Wed Aug 22, 2012 at 07:11:57 PM EST

I visited europe during my college junior/senior summer. One night I hooked up with a swedish chick (they're notoriously easy) and she blew me. I didn't reciprocate so a couple days later I'm arrested for raping her. Anyhow, I pleaded no contest and paid the $50 fine.

-- Dictated but not read.

nice to see something in the queue (none / 1) (#11)
by Marvin Suggs on Wed Aug 22, 2012 at 08:21:54 PM EST

it's been so long.  SO lonely lately. And so lacking in anything that made sense.

Any way I don;t really know about Asangji. I don;t even know how to say his name.
The most pressing question I have is What's up with his hair?
<>|<>
   .0. gimme a bitcoin: 1M9vApgDo5Dw45Awfem75mrVtMJvaMKpjy

The show's still on... (none / 0) (#12)
by mirleid on Thu Aug 23, 2012 at 07:12:40 AM EST

See here. Also, some additional information on the handling of rape cases in Sweden.

Chickens don't give milk
Effing arsewipes... (none / 0) (#13)
by mirleid on Thu Aug 23, 2012 at 08:38:33 AM EST

...apparently there are a bunch of brain dead idiots re-tweeting the first link I post above as The Gospel TruthTM...Arsebreathers, the lot of them...

Chickens don't give milk
david allen green (none / 0) (#14)
by nateo on Thu Aug 23, 2012 at 07:59:27 PM EST

is almost as white as david allen grier

"I'm so gonna travel the world, photographing my dick at every location."
  - Vampire Zombie Abu Musab al Zarqawi
Nobody actually knows me either... (none / 0) (#15)
by Pnarp on Sun Aug 26, 2012 at 03:27:10 PM EST

...but that doesn't stop me from bloviating and pontificating on all manner of topics!

∼ Phillip Norbert Årp
Powered by the love of the voluptuous insect goddess, Strahazazhia Kalamazoo-Kintaki-Meeps, She of the six-legged delights.

✿✿✿ Pnårp’s docile & perfunctory page! ✿✿✿
   ❝It’s docile! It’s perfunctory! It’s phlogistically fantastical! But… is it one of those blog things?❞
    All wrights preserved. No purchase estuary. Lawn gnomes not included. You won’t be disconcerted. Deployed where prohibited by snore.

❤   Pnårp learned this week that the world was still here. Will it ever end?

[ Current entry | Random entry ]
The Empire $ (none / 0) (#16)
by Enlarged to Show Texture on Sun Sep 02, 2012 at 11:13:30 AM EST

"Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." -- Isaac Asimov
Oh, how we laughed! | 16 comments (13 topical, 3 editorial, 0 hidden)